“Average is the word”

Aleph Hotel Rome
Ranked #497 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
“Average is the word”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I am quite confused about how to describe my impressions as the hotel itself is nice but...I would not go as far as using the word "luxury". I would say 3/4*.
I suppose it depends on our standards and, this hotel did not meet mine.

However, the team was very nice, professional and always ready to help! They were lovely.

The room was clean but (and this is a detail which I consider important even if not significant to everybody) the linens were of poor quality for a 5*.

We had dinner at the hotel's restaurant, chef is Gaetano Costa. I was expecting more. Good but nothing to rave about.
We were seated right next to what seemed to be a working area for the staff, with a bright light flashing right at us in an ambiance which would have otherwise been romantic and tamisée...small detail but easy to notice.

However, location was perfect!

Room Tip: Our room was quite noisy (fan outside ran all night and water ran from the toilet...dripping sounds)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Theetiquettorialist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Greek first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I just returned from a business trip to Rome. I stayed at Boscolo Aleph and I was accommodated in room 101 which is incredibly noisy. Upon complaining I was given another room which was very nice. I was rather disappointed to hear that the front desk is well aware of the fact that room 101 is unacceptable if you want to sleep properly. Given the fact that the hotel was not fully booked I am really disappointed that the FO management did not initially consider accommodating me in a better room. Apart from that the staff was very mindful and attentive. The gym is okay (not all cardio machines are working properly) - also the aircon in the gym doesn't walk properly. I am not sure if I would choose the Aleph again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank 746christians
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel for a weekend stay although it's very expensive it's worth it for the romantic Rome atmosphere, close to the rail network and shopping area. Breakfast was a good selection and the staff were fantastic.

• Stayed November 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel is a perfect location for sightseeing in Rome. Nothing was too far to walk, apart from the vatican. The Taxi's are good and there are plenty of them or the subway is very close by if you prefer. The breakfast is first class, everything is well presented with an excellent choice. The lunch menu and the wines are good too. Also the lovely spa is a nice feature after a day's sightseeing. The hotel was very clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. My only criticism would be that the hotel was very warm. Even with the heating turned off in our room we had to open the window slightly but we know the italians feel the cold as they are not used to the cold weather!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Auckland
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We booked the hotel on a special deal for two nights and as such it was not unexpected not to get the 'prime' rooms. Having said that our rooms were comfortable and well equipped.The hotel itself is in a great location and any easy walk to Trevino Fountain and just a little further to Spanish Steps. Sadly the weather was appalling as we hit the weather bomb we had previously had in Venice, but we found nearby Taxis very reasonable to get to both Colosseum and Vatican. The staff were very helpful and assisting,particularly the young doorman.
The big disappointment was the room service meal ordered. We had not intended to use room service but as two of our group became ill ,two of us decided to order. Firstly , nowhere did it tell you on any of the numerous hotel guides and dining lists what number to call. In the end I had to go down to Front desk, where the young lady told me to call 9 which is Front Desk and when I call she will then put me through to room service. This I did when back in our room and while it is appreciated dining in Italy can be expensive the price and quality of the cheeseburger and Lasagne served had no comparison to each other. Very expensive for very mediocre food. Suggest if you stay here you eat out.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Androhn
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Everyone at the Boscolo Aleph went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable for myself and my fiance. She has a wheat allergy as well which is always awkward but they catered for Gluten free which made things easier.

The hotel is very accommodating including any requests before you arrive. I asked for flowers and champagne to be in our room on arrival and it was literally on ice as soon as we walked in! They helped with booking restaurants, taxis and general information with care and a smile!

Our room 509 was very nice and clean! Very spacious and warm with a big TV, loads of channels and Free WIFI.

A big thank you to everyone at the Boscolo Aleph for making our stay memorable.

Room Tip: We had the deluxe room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy L
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The property offers great accessibility to the Spanish steps and is within walking distance of many shops and restaurants. Our room was neat, with a slightly odd layout. Lots of steps for the bathroom - steps up, and a deep step down into the tub/shower.

Aside from the building itself, we found there to be very little assistance from the staff. It was my first time setting foot in Italy and all I wanted was a good slice of pizza, or a snack to nibble on. They had trouble making a recommendation, here in one of the best locations of the city. It was after our 3rd poor meal that we had learned about the Trip Advisor City Guide, which we then used for our entire itinerary going forward because we found the community to be much more reliable than the concierge. I think this was a reality check that 5 stars in Rome really equates to 4. Manage your expectations going in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple