“Impressive hotel and awesome staff!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aleph Hotel Rome

Aleph Hotel Rome
Ranked #472 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
East Petersburg, PA
“Impressive hotel and awesome staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

My wife and i just returned from our honeymoon which included a two-night stay at Boscolo Aleph. I was very worried about this hotel because of all the negative reviews, but it turned out to be a great experience. Champagne was waiting for us in the room and rose petals adorned our bed the second evening, both a nice touch. All of the staff was extremely friendly, knowledgeable about Rome and they gave us two great restaurant recommendations which really enhanced our Rome experience. The rooms were very clean and we loved the windows which opened fully to allow the cool air and the sounds of the city to come in. I was slightly disappointed that the terrace bar was closed this time of year, and more disappointed that the pool was not operational (for reasons not clarified) because the pool room is really beautiful. I'd also skip the breakfast buffet and find a bite elsewhere for much less. However, we weren't in Rome to lounge poolside and there are plenty of bars to enjoy, so these things didn't ruin our experience. I'm not sure what went wrong earlier in the year, but the website has been redesigned and things look to have turned the corner for this property.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jbook13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Greek first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

I really enjoyed this hotel. The staff were so nice (and the all spoke english very well). I arranged for a spa treatment (which is in the basement of the hotel) and they arranged it for me no problem. The hotel is stylish and very clean. I am not sure this is a 5 star hotel, but it is certainly acceptable. It is also very close to everything. In fact, one day we hired a guide (to show us the sites in Rome), the hotel made all the arrangements and the guide was very charming. She showed us everything and then some. I would highly recommend this hotel. Again, I don't get some of these reviews....this place was very nice!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Jro_11
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

Arrived in Rome and staff were very professional and allowed us early check in. I found the hotel lobby area very accommodating but small. The decor was a mix of contemporary and old world and was supposed to signify an entrance into hell. Heaven was below at the spa. Very strange! When the bellman brought our bags to the room he did not show us or explain anything about the room or hotel. His service was less than adequate. The room was average both in size and decor. Lighting was minimal. We faced the back, had no view and it was dark. There was enough drawer space and the closets size was adequate but the rods were so high that it was difficult to hang up clothes. Who would think in an expensive hotel they would have the security type hangers and then position them so high that it was difficult to insert the body into the holder? The bathroom was roomy, very modern and beautiful. Very nice. There was no wireless in hotel rooms and available for $20+ per day in the lobby. I complained and they allowed me the use of the wireless. I had been led to believe that the whole hotel was wireless. The breakfast buffet at 30 Euros per person was limited and repetitive. No concierge and limited information on restaurants or activities in area. Definitely would never stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Having been in Florence for a wedding my wife and I decided to visit Rome for a few days in May/June 2011. whilst the city was incredible, the same cannot be said about this supposed 5* hotel. The staff were very pleasant on arrival but took a long time to locate my booking. When we eventually got to our room I walked in to find the curtain hanging off the rail, the bathroom door hanging off and the air con sounded like it was ready to explode, not to mention the musky smell. I called reception to complain and Gemma arranged for us to move rooms.

To my amazement, when I walked in to my second room the first thing i noticed was that the curtain was again falling off the rail, the shower door was again loose, there were used toiletries in the shower which also had dirty tiles. It also only worked as a trickle, not powerful enough to clean my shoes, let alone shower in. When called reception again I noticed a huge amount of dead bugs within the main lampshade. I called Gemma again who upgraded us to a suite.

We checked in to our suite and was once again appauled to find another curtain hanging loose off the rail. The walls were stained near the bathroom and there was also a stain on the floor on the entry to the bathroom. Once I entered the bathroom I looked into the bath, only to find a huge mark in the bath from where it had previously been repaired. I was also upset to notice that the chair arm was broken. There was also a rip in the pillow case. I telephoned Gemma at reception to tell her of this and she said that she would speak to the manager and get back to me. We never heard back from her.

We had had such a long day travelling that we could not cope with switching rooms for a 3rd time (as my wife is pregnant) so we simply decided to stay in the room.

On our second night we returned from dinner early and decided to watch a movie. I tried to use the ‘pay tv’ service but it did not work. I phoned reception and they told me that the engineer had gone home and would fix it tomorrow. When I returned the next evening I asked at reception if anybody had repaired our television and I was informed that the engineer had done all the jobs he had been asked to complete so my tv should now work. Once again I tried to use the pay tv service only to find it was still not working. I called reception and was told again that the engineer had gone home but somebody would call me back. 10 minutes later I received a phone call advising me that nobody in the hotel had pay tv, however, this had still ruined our second evening.

I have to admit that this is not the standard I expect from a 5 star hotel, in fact, I have stayed in 3 star hotels with better standards. I had very much looked forward to my visit to Rome and the Boscolo Aleph, but I left very very disappointed with the hotel and feel that the claims to be a 5 star hotel were nothing misleading lies.

I emailed the hotel on 15th June 2011 to complain about all of these but heard nothing back. I called about the lack of reply to my email and was told that someone would reply. It's now October and still no reply. I am left no other option than to document our experience.

Room Tip: Check every room, maybe one will be clean and acceptable.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wafky

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Formby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

Arrived staff very pleasant, room was small handle was hanging off door, tiles missing from shower and skirting board coming away, obviously we complained and was moved to better room which was more accommodating with the name Superior. Hotel looks very contemporary but was not worth the price tag as one of the reasons for picking hotel was for the Spa which was closed, we also went to go in the terrace bar which was closed for a private function, so really we should of just picked an average hotel and saved ourselves two hundred pounds a night. Staff were outstanding but very very disappointed with hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband and I were recent guests and found our stay to be most enjoyable. The staff, in particular Jaime and Gem, were very professional and helpful. Because of Hurricane Irene our return flight was canceled and Gem went out of her way to assist us with phone calls, the internet, etc. Our room/bathroom were impeccably clean (I loved the many different gels and toiletries provided). The air conditioning worked wonderfully and was most welcome, as almost every day of our stay in Rome reached 100 degrees. Beautiful outdoor terrace/bar on the top floor. The location of Aleph Boscolo is ideal as well, and on a quiet,cobblestone road.
I would return again and highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DLH_11
Lohja, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

I can truly recommend the Aleph Boscolo Hotel Rome. The hotel was a really positive experience. The room was spacious which is not typical for Italian hotel.

Breakfast was very extensive, and the terrace bar on the roof was very pleasant.

The location is good, because the noise of the city does not carry up to the hotel. Certainly not to the top floor, where our room was located. Nearby Villa Borghese park is suitable for fine morning run.

Aleph Boscolo's staff was one of the service-minded, which I've never come across on my trips. Maybe even the best team ever in any European hotel. The room was cleaned and towels and robes were changed twice a day, while the spa products were complemented in bathroom. Late late check out was a complete success and the doorman organized a comfortable ride to the airport.

I will certainly head to this hotel next time in Rome.

And if you had enough Italian food the Hard Rock Cafe Rome is one block from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011