To start with the positive points:
- the location is good, in Centro Storico on one of the main cobblestone roads
- the building is beautiful, a renovated monastery, rooms are really beautiful, nice jacuzzi in the bigger rooms.
- no wellness, no fitness, but therefor it is a boutique hotel
- the main issue however is the mattrass, the bed contains a 10 euro mattrass which is just as solid as the tile floor the bed stands on. Unbelievable how a hotel can try to save money on this (they are not only cheap, you do not need to change them ever, since they are rock solid and never get too soft) and still claim to be 4 star. For people with sensitive backs it is plain impossible to catch any sleep in this hotel.
Worst of it all however is that after complaining about it we were told that other guests like these concrete mattresses, and finally, after telling the desk manager that we are obliged to change to another hotel (Sofitel, see my review there) because I am unable to catch any sleep at all, we are not given any refund at all, not even a percentage.
Shame on you, for calling yourself a four star boutique hotel and trying to save money on providing these cheap matresses for your clients.
If you have a sensitive back, stay away from this place, if you can endure concrete matresses then this might be a nice hotel since it looks really nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring stuccoed walls and an ancient cloister, Relais Giulia offers elegant rooms with air conditioning and free Wi-Fi. It is a 5-minute walk from Campo de' Fiori Market and Piazza Navona Square. Designed by Italian architects Christian Rocchi and Danilo Maglio, rooms at the Giulia Relais come with ultra-modern furnishings, luxury fabrics and LCD TVs. They all include a private bathroom. A generous Italian breakfast is served each morning and includes croissants, savoury food, hot beverages and juices. The lively Trastevere district, with its cafes, restaurants and shops, is just a stroll away. The Trevi Fountain and Saint Peter's Square are both a pleasant 10-minute walk from the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Relais Giulia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.