“Very good location & very affordable”

Hotel delle Province
Ranked #287 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel has a very good location; only three metro stops from the centre of Rome with direct access to the Coloseum and easy connection to Vatican City. The metro station itself is only a few minutes walk from the hotel.

Breakfast was plentiful with a vaiety of breads and hams available.

The staff were courteous and amaible. The only downside was that the bedroom walls were a little thin and noise travelled easily but the district was relatively quiet overnight.

I would stay there again and had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Upper floors should be quieter.
1  Thank Adrian R

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Good location - free wifi - good breakfast. You can email the hotel through it's website and make requests - such as tea and coffee facilities - room on high floor etc. Close to Bologna metro - 495 bus to the Borghese Villa - good local restaurants - Stendal bar and Braci & Abracci. The cheapest mini bar in Europe! Very clean and tidy hotel - with helpful staff. City tax to pay - 3 Euro's per person per day.

1  Thank RococcoRoad
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Nice hotel, but rooms at the ground floor were not friendly. No outside window. Rooms were noisy (elevator, neighbours and bath sounds) Only one chair. Rooms had a high humity , stinking. Staff friendy. Bed comfortable. Breakfast good. Nice minibar.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room at the ground floor. (high humity and no outside window)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wim L
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Pro: Staff were friendly and helpful. Location is excellent and close to Metro stop Bologna. Breakfast was nice and simple with some good filling options. Wifi worked most of the time, one or two periods when it was down. Bed comfy, good sleep. Mini bar reasonably priced. Air con was superb for keeping cool and clearing any smell (see below).

Con: Our ground floor room was smelly (damp) due to lack of ventilation. No windows and one of the extractor fans in the bathroom didn't work. Not much sound proofing from the room next door but earplugs fixed that. We left towels to be changed but found upon our return someone has simply put them back on the towel rail. But the hotel were VERY quick to sort it out with no fuss. TV signal was dire but barely watched it anyway.

A good base for sleeping, washing and a steady breakfast but not much else. Location was really really good. Also on bus route 490 which is convenient when the Metro decided to strike!

1  Thank cee-bot
Reviewed October 4, 2012

On reading the reviews before we left, I was a little apprehensive of what to expect. I needn't have worried though!

The first thing to realise is that Rome isn't actually that large a city (if comparing it to say, Barcelona). Therefore nowhere is that far away from the tourist attractions. The Metro is fantastic, reliable and definitely the best way to get around promptly. The hotel is located approximately 5 mins walk (an easy, flat and straight walk) away. 15 mins on it and you are in the centre of Rome.

I recommend checking out Trastevere when you visit. I persuaded my partner to visit on the basis of a review that I read on here and boy, am I glad we went. Although a little shabby as the train pulls up into the station- take a 15 minute walk and you are in amongst the quaint cobbled streets lined with intimate, gorgeous cafes. There is a beautiful park here too. We visited on the second night and went back for dinner every night for the rest of our visit. I cannot recommend this area highly enough.

As for the hotel- there is a spacious entrance hall. Reception staff were beyond friendly/helpful. Our room was located on the ground floor opposite the lift- we feared that we would be disturbed all throughout the night from people coming/going- we didn't hear a thing. Very clean, great spacious en-suite. Clean towels every day. 2 wardrobes, dressing table, king size bed. TV that had a few English channels (not sure why this matters as much as surely you are there to explore the city?!) Breakfast is on the rooftop. It was lovely. A wide selection of fresh fruit, cereals, contintental, fruit juices, coffee/tea were all on display. Definitely ask the waitress for a fresh cup of coffee rather than the machine- mmmm what a beauty of a cup it was.

DO NOT buy your connection train ticket (airport- bologna) from a tout. They are ripping you off!! Unfortunately despite reading this advise I panicked and got stung. It's about half the price from a machine!

Tourist attractions do get a little busy, but we didn't queue for more than 1.5 hrs for anything ( we visited during school holidays too). Do not question if they ask for your age when you purchase tickets- I on visiting the Collosseum I was asked, and as I am 24 and had my passport on me I got in for half price!

This was by far one of my favourite city breaks. Great city, and a great hotel. I obviously only saw one room during our stay so cannot comment on some other peoples opinions of their rooms. There were only two of us so again, I cannot comment on how families may have viewed their experiences. However, I felt it was fanastic value for money and the phrase "champagne taste, beer money" comes to mind!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emwales
Reviewed October 4, 2012

First night in Rome, I stayed at this hotel and my main floor room and bathroom were clean, bed was comfy and the a/c worked well, but there was not one window in the room! In fact, one of the walls consisted of a drape covered fire-escape door. Since it was just for one night, and I was exhausted, it was not a major issue. Hotel is older but charming and clean. Check out the cozy garden area with a small outdoor sitting area (off from where the main desk is located). It's a quiet, semi-secluded outdoor spot in which to chat and enjoy a drink before going to dinner or retiring. The roof top restaurant where breakfast was served was bright and pretty cool way to start the day. The staff was pleasant and helpful, (especially the gentleman with the dark hair and glasses) who spoke fantastic English and patiently answered all of our questions and helped us with directions. Being able to buy time to use the computer in the main lobby was a plus. I liked that there were restaurants, cafes, gellaterias and shopping within walking distance of hotel and the Friday morning farmer's market I found just a few blocks away was a feast for the senses in that it sold everything from clothing to groceries and more.
A week later, stayed at this hotel again, for my last night in Italy and this time the room was on the 4th floor and much nicer than the one I had at my first night there. This time the room I got seemed airy and bright because it had a glass french door which led to a balcony. Didn't go on the balcony because I thought the door handle would come loose if I tried. All else was as good as my first night there so all in all, I have no major complaints about this hotel.

Room Tip: If you need a window in your room, stay away from room around the corner from check-in desk.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank snowbirdy
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I found the room rates to be reasonable and the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hotel advertises free Wi-Fi, which I found to be problematic. It really seemed dependent on exactly where in my room I positioned myself. I had two smartphones and a laptop, and the laptop was able to maintain a connection consistently although neither phone stayed connected consistently. The bed and pillows were average. Nice bathroom. 6 blocks from the Bologna metro station. Breakfast on the 6th floor patio was nice although sometimes the baked goods didn't seem as fresh as others. Minibar prices were very reasonable.

Room Tip: If you have wi-fi problems talk to the staff about it. There is a man there who monitors the wi-fi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple