“Great location and great value”
Review of Cosmopolita Hotel

Cosmopolita Hotel
Ranked #296 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I spent 4 nights at the Cosmopolita in June and was very happy overall. The room was clean and comfortable and there was ample space in the bathroom. The air conditioner was a welcome relief after a long day sightseeing but the internal walls are not that well accoustically treated so adjoining room noise was a little annoying but ok. The staff were very friendly and helpful at front reception as were the breakfast staff operating the breakfast room which had a good selection of food. The Hotel is very conveniently located just around the corner from Piazza Venezia at the top end of the Roman Forum. The Vatican is around reached in around 50min by foot. The price for accomodatin was quite reasonable considering this Hotel is in the Eternal City.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,307)

Reviewed August 26, 2012

As other TA contributors state, the hotel is located in a good location. However, the property is old as are the room amenities and furniture. But the breakfast is ample. My experience ended on a serious bad note. The front desk staff whom I dealt with (one person only whose name was Alessandro) was arrogant and rude. He overcharged me, gave me a terrible tiny room with an air conditioner that was very loud and the electric mounting in the bathroom did not work. When checking out and done paying, I was then told I needed to pay the $12 Euro city tax in CASH. I responded I wanted to put it on my American Express like the rest of the bill. He stated that the Italian municipality requires it in cash, yada yada - I refused and then he asked me for my American As_ _ _ _ _ card! I asked him to repeat what he said and he replied "you heard me". I asked him why he said that and snarled "you Americans are as_ _ _ _ _ _ in general." I was flabbergasted and have never been spoken to like this. Irrespective of this terribly unprofessional individual, this property is not even average and there are myriads of other hotels located all around that I believe would be much better and the customer would be better served. I definitely do not recommend nor can speak well of this property. It should be stricken from the list.

Room Tip: Enough said above.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank habaneros
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed one night, August 17, 2012, and really enjoyed this small hotel. As others have written, it is convenient to sights including the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Collesium and Spanish Steps to name a few. We enjoyed a great meal at a restaurant across the street, I forget the name, because we were tired, but there are many convenient restaurants and shops.

The hotel was clean, staff friendly, included European breakfast was good, and it was a bargain for a little less than $200 in August. The room size was actually larger than anticipated for a European hotel. We had two children and two adults in the room and were quite comfortable.

We may stay another night in Rome later in our trip and will certainly stay at the Cosmopolita again if we do.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Hotel Cosmopolita. The location was ideal for touring the Coliseum, Roman Forum, and Trevi Fountain areas. It was about 2 miles away from the Vatican but it was doable. The breakfast was pretty good but the same thing everyday. The bedroom we stayed in was a bit dated but overall we were satisfied. We would stay here again and recommend it to friends/family.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel was clean, our room (double room) was spacious, comfortable and definately worth the money. The hotel is an excellent location and seeing as we were excited to explore Rome on foot, everything was within a couple of kms (bus stops within 30m of the hotel for those wishing to catch public transport). Location is truly excellent near the piazza venezia. The hotel windows are double glazed so you arent disturbed at night by the traffic. Breakfast was good (eggs, bacon, corn flakes, crossaints etc). Only downside was that you had to pay for internet and you could only use it in the common areas (ie hotel reception). Nevertheless, staff were nice and the hotel is a perfect spot from which to explore all of the main highlights in Rome. Good value, would definately recommend after my pleasant experience

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mclovin89
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Great location. Max at front desk super helpful and let me into my room way earlier than check in time. He spoke great English and pulled out a map as soon as I mentioned it was my first time to visit. Technically walkable from the B metro (Colosseum) but depends on how you feel about dragging luggage up cobblestone.

Definitely beware crotchety old guy. I had a question about why I couldn't pick up the WiFi and instant response was that I had forgotten to logout so used up my time. Never mind that I hadn't logged in since I wasn't finding the network. Bottom line is you have to pay for WiFi, but it's only in the lobby, so unless you're going to hang out there, don't bother with the longer time packages. The nice thing is that you can split the purchased time over several days, so 3hrs should be plenty.

1  Thank melonrei
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Hotel is within walking distance of all the sites accept the Vatican which is a short bus ride. The staff were helpful and friendly. Room was very clean and typical of European hotels. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family