“Hadrian's Villa and Vill d'Este” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Roads to Rome - Day Tours

Roads to Rome - Day Tours
Ranked #119 of 756 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: At Roads to Rome we provide high-quality, private and personalized tours. We want you to see for yourself the complexity and beauty of Rome, feel the inspiration, and have a lot of fun. We provide only private and personalized tours so we can treat our clients as individuals. Your trip will be designed around your interests, each tour will go at your pace, and we will help you with any reservations or arrangements you might need during your stay. To further individualize your vacation, our standard tour times and lengths are suggestions. Your group can change the start time or length of any tour to fit your schedule. Roads to Rome will also help you plan an itinerary that captures the interests of everyone in your group.The most important members of our team are our guides. Each guide has at least a master's degree in Classics, Art History, Archaeology, or another related field. All of our guides are completely bi-lingual in English and Italian. They are capable, professional, and most importantly, the kind of people you'd like to get a glass of wine with! If you're planning a vacation to Rome, or just starting to consider it, contact us and see what Roads to Rome has to offer.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hadrian's Villa and Vill d'Este”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Giovanni was a wonderful tour guide, offering a very personalized tour. My mother is a keen historian, and he gave a very detailed understanding of the history, art and architecture. We enjoyed being able to ask as many questions as we wanted, and going at our own pace.

Visited September 2013
Giovanni V, Direttore at Roads to Rome - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your review, Carol. I'm glad that I passed your mother's "exam" and I hope to see you soon back in Rome. I also hope to give you an even more entertaining and satisfying tour next time.

“Money and Time Well Spent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

If you want to have an incredible personal tour of Rome you definitely should book with Giovanni and Roads to Rome. Me and my friend spent two days soaking in all the greatness Rome has to offer. We spent one day visiting the Colosseum and the Roman Forum and the next in Tivoli. We were extremely exhausted from our travels when we arrived in Rome and although our day and tours started early, Giovanni's great personality and passion for this incredible city instantly reenergized us. He's got an incredible amount of knowledge and it never felt like this is just another job for him. Sometimes your guides seem to just be going through the motions and almost reading off a script. But this wasn't the case with Giovanni. He made our Rome experience incredible and the next time I go back I will make sure to book with him and Roads to Rome again. Money and time well spent.

Visited September 2013
I'm glad that you and Jamie enjoyed your time in the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, the Palatine, Tivoli and all the other sights. We had a couple fun, intense days together. You were probably the youngest among my customers and I'm sure that learning something about roman archaeology and architecture can have a big impact on a 22 years old student's mind. I hope you don't decide to study archaeology after that! Remember what I said: in archaeology there's a lot of past but no future! (unless you become a tour guide in Rome, of course...).
I hope to have you and Jamie again as my customers, in Rome or in other cities in Italy.

Giovanni.
Paris, France
“Great day in Tivoli - a very nice guide that knows a lot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

While in Rome with my girlfriend, we wanted to escape from the city for one day. We booked a private tour in Tivoli to visit the villa d'Este and the Hadrian's villa which are both incredible. Giovanni was our very nice and friendly guide. We're use to guided tours and sometimes guides are quite boring and it sounds like they just know their speech by hart. But Giovanni really shares its passion and he had answer to all our questions! He told us he was also an archeologist and he was able to give us passionating details and interpretations in the Hadrian's villa. Although seeing the two villas is a long day of visit, his energy kept us super excited until the last stone!

Visited September 2013
Giovanni V, Direttore at Roads to Rome - Day Tours, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your nice review, Félix: I'm glad that you and your lovely girlfriend enjoyed your tour so much. I know that you come back to Rome often and I hope that you'll give me the chance to give you some other tour in another great sight like, for example, Ostia (if you like ruins that's what you're looking for) or wherever you prefer. Since you know the city pretty well it might be interesting for you to see something outside of Rome where not very many people go, and where having an archaeologist as a guide can make the difference: the etruscan cemetery of Cerveteri could be a good choice. I'm looking forward to seeing you back in Rome. I can't wait to try some of the fois gras that you said you would have brought me the next time you visited the Eternal City.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Best tour ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We booked an all day tour through Roads to Rome back in May of this year.
This turned into such an amazing day! It all started with our tour guide, Chiara, meeting us at our hotel just after breakfast. She had arranged for a taxi pick-up to our next location...the Vatican. We spent 3 hours touring the Vatican with wonderful insight and education along the way. From the Vatican, we took an afternoon tour of the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Chiara was so interesting and full of historical facts. The other nice thing is that Chiara had prearranged all of our entrance tickets (to the Vatican, Colosseum) so that we would not have to wait in any lines. Amazing! I cannot speak highly enough of Chiara or this tour group. It was very well organized and I recommend it to anyone that is considering a private tour group in Rome!
WELL WORTH EVERY PENNY!! ~Lauren

Visited May 2013
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Incredible Tour, Good Times, Splendid Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Here's the deal... If you want to take a tour of ancient Rome with someone who lives, eats and breathes history, culture and excellent restaurant recommendations, then hire Giovanni. He was exceptionally knowledgeable, personable and quite frankly a pleasure to be a round. This is clutch given that we had a private tour that lasted five hours in the Roman sun. Finally, buy him a cocktail post tour and let him tells stories of his travels. All in all, he's on the short list.

Visited June 2013