Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $71.39
More Info
from $552.66
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We purchased our Vatican ticket online for the Vatican museums and Sistine chapel.
Upon arrival at the Vatican, it is quite chaotic trying to find where you need to be.
We were approched by Marie,who is co-owner of Sentia Rome Tours, she explained that we could have a guide for €25 each.
With a guide you can jump the queue for the Basillica .
Laila was our guide, her knowledge and passion was infectious.
She takes you around the main highlights of the Vatican museums and to be honest
I don't know how we would have done it without her.
We learned a lot from Laila.

Date of experience: March 2014
1  Thank steward m
Reviewed March 12, 2014

After finding Sentia Rome Tours online, we booked a private tour of St. Peter's and Vatican Museum tour. We met up with Laila at St. Peter's square and were introduced to Frank and Marie the owner- operators of Sentia Rome Tours. After an informative introduction by Laila in St.Peters we headed to the museum where. Laila gave us a nice and informative tour of the tapestries and explained the history, The Pine and Belvedere court yards the Sistine Chapel which quite breath taking. As a last stop we were given a an entertaining and informative tour of St. Peter's Basilica. Myself and party highly recommend the services of SentiaRomeTours

Date of experience: March 2014
1  Thank mariobatti
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was approached by Marie near St. Peter's square who asked us to join her group tour of The Vatican Museum. At first I was weary but once she explained that with an official tour guide we (my girlfriend and I) would have an informative tour of the major rooms of the museum, The Sistine Chapel and then be escorted directly to St.Peter's Basilica ,we agreed. Our guide Laila was quite knowledgeable and informative.
Once we finished with the guided tour as promised,we decided to call Marie and thank her,she suggested that we meet up for a drink at a cafe near the museum. There we met her business partner Frank. They then offered to give us a private tour of Rome's Piazzas that afternoon. We accepted. And didn't look back.
We visited the Spanish Steps,Trevi Fountain,The Pantheon and Piazza Navone. At Piazza Navone we had a late lunch and thanks to Marie and Frank we did not pay much.
If ever you visit. Rome,be sure to give them a call.

Date of experience: December 2013
1  Thank George R
Reviewed October 7, 2013

"SKIP THE LINE" ----- BS!!!!
This tour is a scam run by a Canadian man and a British woman - BEWARE!!
We were approached by Marie as we waited in line for the Vatican Museo. We were offered a private tour of only 7 to 10 people and a chance to skip the line. We were told they have their own private entrance. The price seemed a bit over the top but we were on our last day and decided to "SKIP THE LINE". All seemed good so we went to a meeting point. Well we had to wait over an hour as they drafted more SUCKERS!!! Into the tour.

We finally got started 2 hours later after the promised small group was pumped to 30 and meanwhile the guide Leila dribbled on the same "patter" over and over.

But even worse to our complete shock, it wasn't really "skip the line" at all. Marie had joined the line earlier and the delaying tactic by Leila the guide as they drafted in more suckers, had allowed Marie to progress in the queue. We pushed into the queue where Marie was and just had to wait in the regular line for over an hour like we would have done without the guide.
We all felt cheated as we paid 25euros extra for the no queue promise. Everyone in the group was furious.

And to top of it all, our 60 year old tour guide Leila was not impressive at all. She wasn't very fluent in English and wasn't good as a guide either, she repeated the same things over and over.

All in all, we were totally disappointed and felt duped. Several of us did the whole tour again several days later with our iPhone app that was 10 times better than the tour company.

I would never recommend this company to anyone. Stay away from them and in fact they should be prosecuted for fraud.

Date of experience: October 2013
4  Thank GorillaKilla
Sentia Rome Tou... M, Manager at Sentia Rome Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

First off we do not sell "skip the line" tours. What we offered you and everyone else in the group was a Guided tour with a liscenced guide, which we delivered.As for Layla( your guide that day),most people that take the tour with her are quite happy ( as you can see here on TA). I am sorry that she didn't abide to your level of excellence and that you felt cheated. As I had mentioned that Monday morning there were issues at the Vatican Museum beyond my control.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This past April I visited Rome for the second time in my life and on this trip I traveled with my parents, my aunt, and a friend. They had never been to Rome and although I didn’t have any particular itinerary down I was prepared to show them around. On the first day we were there we ran into Frank by the Vatican. He offered to meet us the next day and give us some options on a few tours that we could take. He met us for coffee and was very helpful and informative in showing us the different guided tours available. I had never been on a guided tour and was accustomed to using the audio guides you can rent with prerecorded guides. We went ahead and booked the Vatican, the Coliseum and the underground tombs with Frank and in the end I was very happy and pleased that we did. These were private tours led by a tour guide and just my parents, aunt and friend. I must say it was well worth the money. Frank and Maria were so helpful and the tour guides they arranged for us were amazing. I especially recommend the Vatican tour with them because they reserve people in the line for you which saves a lot of time and energy. Having the guided tours made life so much easier for me and for my family. We just needed to show up at their office or meet in a designated place and from there they took care of the rest. Frank and Maria helped make the trip a wonderful experience. I didn’t feel pressured with them and really enjoyed hanging out with both of them. Frank even took a day and showed us around Rome one day. It was so nice not having to look at a map whiling traveling with my parents. Rome is a very crowded city and it can be a little overwhelming to some. Having Frank and Maria know exactly where to go, what to see, and of course the best restaurants to eat at was a comfort and made the trip perfect. If you ever visit Rome and want to experience it with someone who will make you feel like you are visiting a family member, go and visit Frank and Maria with Sentia tours. You won’t regret it.

Date of experience: April 2013