“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Ranked #6 of 1,091 Specialty Lodging in Rome
NY
“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Booked a month in advance in eight-dorm room. Apparently, they no longer hold a permit for this room. Instead of putting me in another room at the same cost, they said I could pay nearly full price for a single or double or cancel the booking altogether. EXTREMELY INCONVENIENT.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank M F
LindaatTheBeehive, Owner at The Beehive, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
In our opinion, this "review" has no relevance to people wanting to know about The Beehive's facilities or who we treat our actual guests. This person has not stayed, stepped foot in, or had any direct experience with our establishment, our staff, or the actual service we provide. She is not, as she wrote, a "customer".

Due to a major crisis, we are not able to honor this guest's reservation (made 1 week prior to the date we notified her - not 1 month ago as she states, and still a couple of weeks before her actual arrival).

We offered alternative options, some at our hotel which are of completely different room type and thus not in the same price category, and other options in nearby establishments in the same price range she was booked at.

This person has been completely inhumane in her treatment of us, was offensive in emails, and unwilling to discuss the matter after we reached out to her by phone, at our expense, in an effort to understand each other's positions better.

Our service is in offering accommodation and great advice during our guests' stay, which this guest has not experienced and is therefore not qualified to criticize.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This place is great! Located in the Termini area, The Beehive is on one side of centrale station and the Acacia, one of their apartment, is on the other. They are maybe 4 - 5 blocks apart. The Acacia is home in Rome! 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, the only problem may be the other travellers if they are noisy or if they steal your food... which happened to us! Other than that, it is close to everything! The place to stay!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G T
Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am writing this for my friends as I had to fly home early due to a death. We had booked the double rooms with shared bath. We were a little worried about that but they said they never saw anyone else and it was all ok. They loved the rooms and the cafe was their favorite. I am so interested now in the other places they have.

Room Tip: The shared bath suites are great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank flpab
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed at Millefiori Guestrooms which The Beehive manages. Really enjoyed our stay here - was like having our own apartment in Rome. Great value for central Rome. 5 minutes walk from the train station and easy to walk to all the main attractions.There are 3 bedrooms and 2 shared bathrooms (1 which is brand new) plus a big kitchen and lounge area which was great for relaxing after a long day out exploring. Bed was comfy and the apartment very clean. Only issue we had was with using one of the keys to get into the gate, it didn't want to work. Definitely recommend going to the gelato factory Fassi which is 5 minutes walk away - so good! Great supermarket just next to Fassi too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sjoliver
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Checked in late and everything went well. Francesca was really nice and showed us to our room in a building just around the corner in The Sweets. Room was very spacious, clean and the wi-fi worked well. The place is also very close to Termini Station which is really helpful. Also liked the amenities!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelwithdino
TX
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've said this before: we feel like we have generous friends who live in Rome and are happy to have us come back... We have stayed in all the rooms except for the Sweets. Starting with the dorms, trying out the apartments, enjoying the private rooms lately with friends...We love hanging out and socializing with the other guests and staff. When you're pleasantly tired after a day of enjoying the city, is so nice to just stay in and eat healthy luscious organic vegan food and organic wine. The place is clean, convenient, friendly and the place to go for the inside scoop on enjoying Rome. I invite all my friends to stay here 'when in Rome'.

Room Tip: Two friends and I shared a triple room. After the long, cramped flight over, it is cool, clean, qui...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JoyAustin
London
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have to say I would heartily recommend the Beehive as a place to stay in Rome. I was travelling on my own so was really nervous about being in Rome (after visiting Venice and Florence) but this was perfect! Its about a five minute stroll to Termini so I found it perfect for getting everywhere (especially as I was getting the train from Florence and then flying back from Ciampino) - the area is not as pretty as staying in cool Monti but really handy for getting around and perfect for what I needed (also I had some really good pizza slices from a tiny place a few doors down from the Sweets... cheap and good so ask Steve if you need a quick but good cheap eat).
When I booked the Beehive I got a prompt reply from them, actually offering me a better deal and a cheaper choice of room that worked out brilliant advice as what they recommended was exactly what I wanted (and was really good value). I had a lovely single room in The Sweets with a lovely ensuite (nice shower and homemade soaps!). The rooms were off a nice fairly large communal space that came with its own iPad and lovely open shutters and clean kitchen. The place was immaculate and felt quite spacious. Amazing value!
Steve was good for advice - when I first got there he was really good at helping me pick a path (with good gelato/pizza picks pointed on the way) for that afternoon which really helped ease me into Roma. If you get down to breakfast in time too - it was pretty good rustic fare! Would have loved to have eaten there Saturday evening as when I left in the morning it looked like they were making a beautiful feast for dinner!
Anyway, I really recommend this lovely place - I didn't see the rooms in the main building but staying in The Sweets was like having your own little apartment in Rome. Go!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo