“A bit dank”

Ranked #425 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Gainesville, Florida
“A bit dank”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

When we arrived, the woman opened the door and left to get the key. She took quite a while and so we just stood outside the door waiting...and waiting...and waiting. After being shown our room, we were surprised at how large it was. There was a fantastic view on the fifth floor, but it was generally unclean. The first day we were there, one of the towels they had given us was disgusting...it smelled like SERIOUS body odor. They did not keep soaps and such stocked in the bathroom, and the hand towels weren't very professional. I felt gross touching them. Keep in mind that there is ONE BATHROOM for the entire floor. One of the people next to the bathroom banged on the wall while my partner was in the shower because the water was hitting the wall...you should hope you don't get that room. There is no light in the shower, so you feel like you are entering a dungeon. I wouldn't say the location is great either. The good thing is that there is a cab stand right outside the door...literally. Unfortunately, it's VERY loud outside, so we had to put white noise on to drown out the screaming people (and we were on the 5th floor.) The bed was worn down and the wall was dirty. I would probably go elsewhere next time I'm in Rome.

Room Tip: Top floor is probably best due to noise. I think there are rooms with bathrooms though, so I'd d...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GatorCraig09
Primavera1961, Direttore at Hotel Primavera, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear our client,

His email is very important to us.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

We would like only to point out that some statements are incorrect.

The external bath is used for only 2 rooms.

The other floor rooms have private baths.

The beds and mattresses follow the guidelines of safety and comfort for 2-star hotels.

It 'possible that the light in the shower was not working but during his stay we had no complaints from you.

The linen is washed inside the structure.
If what has happened says we really truly sorry.

Best Regards
Hotel Manager
Michele Nannelli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for a couple of days and loved it. You can't beat the price for the location and the family who owns it was very cute, friendly, and helpful. We stayed in the room with the disconnected bathroom down the hall, which made it cheaper than the other rooms. (Being used to hostel living, this was no problem for us.) The free breakfast isn't much to talk about, but even if it was, we probably still would have gone out for cappucinnos and pastries anyways so it wasn't a problem. We had a great view from our window, the location was amazing, the building was nice, and the room was perfect for what we needed it for. The grandma of the family even drove us to the airport for a very reasonable rate. She was hilarious and it definitely beat having to argue with taxi drivers trying to rip you off. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms with disconnected bathroom are cheaper and still great.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Laura H
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Inexpensive and adequate by Rome standards. Absolutely great location between Navona and Campo de Fiore. It could be cleaner; we asked for and did not get a shower to be cleaned. The street noise may be difficult for people not used to cities, especially Italian cities. We would spend a few more euros elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank mfm304
Beijing, China
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We recently stayed at Hotel Primavera with another family with young children, and thought we got good value for money, in an excellent location. This is an older hotel, in a residential apartment building, with small bathrooms (yes, there was some mold in ours) but airy bedrooms. The location was SUPERB - between Piazza Novona and Campo Di Fiori, with easy access to many of the main bus lines we needed to get around, and walking distance from fantastic eateries all around. The Pantheon is only 5 min. walk. We could even walk to the Forum and Colosseum. The breakfast was basic 'Italian style" - coffee or tea, bread, butter, jam. Vittorio will most likely offer you a jug of americano coffee, but I found out (on our last day there!) that he has an espresso machine as well. The streets around the hotel are quite noisy at night and early in the morning, so keep your windows closed if you don't like to be bothered by the noise.

TIP - there is an old guy who cooks and sells delicious corn on the cob in the piazza right in front of the hotel. He adds some butter, salt, spicy spices (upon request) and lemon juice. Delicious! You MUST try it! He only works at night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dcdgjd
Toronto
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Recently visited Rome for pleasure and really enjoyed my vacation. I stayed at the Hotel Primavera located south of Piazza Navona and right beside Camp di Fiori which I thought was the most centrally situated location within walking distance to all the main attractions and sites. The hotel staff were superb and the hotel was good as well. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed August 15, 2008

I was told by a friend NOT to book a hotel in February in Rome, it was not considered "high" season then, and I had no problem finding hotels on the day of, especially I was traveling alone and only staying in Rome for 4 days.

It was easy for me to find this hotel from the airport, I took the bus and it is close to a lot of major attractions, including the Palazzo Giustizi, walking distance to the Ponte Sisto, en route to the Vatican City.

The staff Gabriel and an older woman were friendly and professional, I lost my luggage the first night and they let me used their phone until the airline was able to deliver my luggage.

I paid 35 euro per night for 4 nights. On my last night they even upgraded me to a bigger room.

• Liked — location!
  • Disliked — small
  • Stayed February 2005, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank funtnt
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed September 4, 2007

This would have to be one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. The rooms and especially the towels were filthy (and they weren't changed during our 4 day stay) , the toilet smelt disgusting, and the service was horrendous.

You normally pay an extra €5 per day for the use of air conditioning. That's fine except when I booked the hotel they agreed to include that in the price. When I went to check out the old woman working there refused to return my passport because she said I had to pay the €5 per day. She accused me of lying when I said it was included. When her grandson arrived he confirmed what I had said and she didn't even bother to apologise. I almost missed my train because of her.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — The service and lack of cleanliness.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank destinationeu

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels