“Location and value”

Ranked #432 of 1,259 Hotels in Rome
Beijing, China
“Location and value”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We recently stayed at Hotel Primavera with another family with young children, and thought we got good value for money, in an excellent location. This is an older hotel, in a residential apartment building, with small bathrooms (yes, there was some mold in ours) but airy bedrooms. The location was SUPERB - between Piazza Novona and Campo Di Fiori, with easy access to many of the main bus lines we needed to get around, and walking distance from fantastic eateries all around. The Pantheon is only 5 min. walk. We could even walk to the Forum and Colosseum. The breakfast was basic 'Italian style" - coffee or tea, bread, butter, jam. Vittorio will most likely offer you a jug of americano coffee, but I found out (on our last day there!) that he has an espresso machine as well. The streets around the hotel are quite noisy at night and early in the morning, so keep your windows closed if you don't like to be bothered by the noise.

TIP - there is an old guy who cooks and sells delicious corn on the cob in the piazza right in front of the hotel. He adds some butter, salt, spicy spices (upon request) and lemon juice. Delicious! You MUST try it! He only works at night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dcdgjd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Toronto
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Recently visited Rome for pleasure and really enjoyed my vacation. I stayed at the Hotel Primavera located south of Piazza Navona and right beside Camp di Fiori which I thought was the most centrally situated location within walking distance to all the main attractions and sites. The hotel staff were superb and the hotel was good as well. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed August 15, 2008

I was told by a friend NOT to book a hotel in February in Rome, it was not considered "high" season then, and I had no problem finding hotels on the day of, especially I was traveling alone and only staying in Rome for 4 days.

It was easy for me to find this hotel from the airport, I took the bus and it is close to a lot of major attractions, including the Palazzo Giustizi, walking distance to the Ponte Sisto, en route to the Vatican City.

The staff Gabriel and an older woman were friendly and professional, I lost my luggage the first night and they let me used their phone until the airline was able to deliver my luggage.

I paid 35 euro per night for 4 nights. On my last night they even upgraded me to a bigger room.

• Liked — location!
  • Disliked — small
  • Stayed February 2005, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank funtnt
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed September 4, 2007

This would have to be one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. The rooms and especially the towels were filthy (and they weren't changed during our 4 day stay) , the toilet smelt disgusting, and the service was horrendous.

You normally pay an extra €5 per day for the use of air conditioning. That's fine except when I booked the hotel they agreed to include that in the price. When I went to check out the old woman working there refused to return my passport because she said I had to pay the €5 per day. She accused me of lying when I said it was included. When her grandson arrived he confirmed what I had said and she didn't even bother to apologise. I almost missed my train because of her.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — The service and lack of cleanliness.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank destinationeu

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 12, 2006

Kind, considerate and hospitable concern of management for its guests. Knowledgable with directions and travel suggestions. Great location-central to key points of interest, shopping, transporation, restaurants and wonderful gelaterias! Walk anywhere-Vatican, Campe de Fiore, Pantheon, Trevi, Piazza Navona, Colloseum, Spanish Steps. etc. While we could not check in early, we were able to leave our luggage. Everything was clean. Rooms are comfortable but not plush-old world charm with its nicely appointed marble decor, cedar built in closets and clean windows. Beds were comfortable but not cushy. Having extra pillows and blankets in the closet was useful. We were surprised that air conditioning was not included in the room price. The tv was mounted high but small screen made it difficult to see. We were not in Rome to watch tv so tv was not an issue.

We felt very secure and safe. Breakfast, included in price, was a nice touch if you have a busy agenda. As we were leaving for an early morning tour of Vatican City, the rain began to pour. Management jumped into action, before we could ask for assistance, to call a taxi for us. Beautiful! Having the luxury of the offer of a quick, timely ride to the triain station upon our departure was great.

Overall, we would rate this as a pleasant experience and recommend Hotel Primavera to anyone looking for comfort, location and friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2006
6 Thank Getamac
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 11, 2006

A very nice hotel, good service, clean and big rooms. I advise this hotel to everybody who don't want to stay at 4*-5* hotel. Especially thanks to Flavio!!!

• Stayed March 2005
birmingham UK
Reviewed March 13, 2006

I stayed at Primavera a couple of years ago and booked it for my daughter and her partner when we treated them to a trip to Rome. They loved it for the same reasons - the rooms, although simple, are spotlessly clean with sat TV; the power shower is fantastic; the owner/manager and staff are very friendly and helpful. Best of all is the location - just off Piazza Navona so you won't need transport for most of the sights. I don't recognise the place from some of your negative reviews. Go, it's fine, just don't expect bland luxury in a 2* hotel.

• Stayed March 2006