“Good, cheap, convenient, no frills and clean hotel!”
Review of Hotel Magic

and 1 more site!
Hotel Magic
Ranked #880 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 16, 2011

It is a 2 star by Rome city guide but it is a family run hotel. Situated on the 3rd floor and not accessible if you are on a wheel chair or if your baby pram is a huge one.

The owners of the hotel are friendly but not warm. They are there to provide a service and not to be your friends. We booked 2 rooms with one 16 month old kid. The room is clean, tidy and comfortable. Do not expect room service because it is not a full service hotel. The rooms are air-conditioned, has a fridge for your own drinks and a safe for your valuables. Clean towels are provided once during the entire stay.

The rooms are cleaned daily by a cleaner.

It is situated next to Stazione Termini Roma. Getting there to any point in Rome is extremely convenient.

Breakfast is served in a cafe down the street. One piece of pastry with coffee or juice. Any other side orders you pay.

I would come back to this hotel again because it is just cheap, clean and good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 7, 2010

We were leaving for Naples and needed to stay in a hotel near the Termini Station and figured this would be an ok hotel. I would start with the positive note (which is only one!) The room was clean. That’s it. Now the negatives. The location is great, near the Termini but the neighborhood felt a little dangerous, especially at night. There were homeless people passed out everywhere around the area. The hotel is on a 4th floor of a building which houses several hotels. Owner is an old lady and her daughter is the manager, the problem is they don’t speak any English and when we tried to communicate, it was like pulling teeth, they would shout at you.. Very grumpy! The breakfast was a voucher at a near place bar for a cappuccino and a dry pastry! Nothing special. When you checked in they would give you a set of keys, one for the main door downstairs, one for the interior door and one for your room, however if you came back late, they added a third gate which you did had keys for, so we hand to end up calling the owner and waking them so they could let us in.. not fun.. When we checked out, I was going to pay with my credit card (as stated in the booking.com website) and they tried to play the game of the credit card machine not working and stuff, when I told them I did not have cash, magically the credit card machine started to work. Also something in the bathroom pipes, which made the room smell like a death wish!
STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pars3221
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I never recommend this hotel.Although the room is clean and hotel is near Rome Termini , but it is a very small hotel on the fourth floor of a building in which each floor is a small hotel!!! The owner is an old woman and her doughters .All are very rude. All the rooms is around a small reception desk. All day and night they are speaking loudly to guests who are checking in and out. Sometime they shout ! So Rooms are very noisy you you will wake up many times at night. Towels are Torn. No refregerator(althogh it was in Booking.com magic hotel facility).very small lift .Very small bathroom.No shampoo.no breakfast facility. The owners usually are not at her desk(it seems only to come to shout!) and if you want something, you have to go at her house door on the other part of hotel that was not comfortable for me.The nearby street with its peaple is not good at all. Aftre all ,this hotel will give you a very bad feeling as a hotel. Take another one. Even if you have to pay alittle more.If not, It will be your worst experience in Rome

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RezaSaadat
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I choosed this hotel because it was located near Termini. I could actually see it when I got of the bus from the airport. It was very neat with polished marble floors and clean rooms. The view from the room was cozy and overall it was a friendly and nice hotel with good prices.
The only reasons that it's not getting full points are the following:
- I asked for a room where smoking was allowed. I didn't get it.
- They speaked very poor english. I was glad I had an italian friend who could help me out.
- No food at all. You did get breakfast tickets to a nearby place though.

Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank YvonneDiana
Reviewed March 18, 2010

This hotel, Hotel Magic, is awesome. Carmella and her two daughters run this hotel and there is nothing they wont do for you. Sure, Carmella doesnt speak much english, nor do I speak much Italian, but the 8 nights there were nothing but great. The location if perfect for the main rail station and metro's. The rooms are clean and comfy (beds are european hard, but if you need a softer pillow, just ask). Yes, the elevator is small, but heck, at least there is one and my friend June and I laughed about it. Upon arrival you may have to go up one person and one suitcase at a time, but it is quick. Only a couple times did the people going to the 4th floor forget to close the red doors, so the elevator works...there is a huge sign in english and italian on the door, dumb people. But even if you have to walk up to the 3rd floor it is do-able. They give you 3 keys...one to the outside door on the street, one to the inside door before reception and one to your room. Heck, if you dont feel safe with this arrangement you are crazy. There are fabulous little places to eat all around and we made friends and were remembered each time we walked by them. The breakfast at Cafe Amici, is good and they are super nice there also (always remembered our daily drink and croissant). The price was remarkable for Rome, $75 a night for two beds with private clean bath, with bidet, toilet, shower and heated towel racks. What else could you ask for??? Not much!!!! I recomment this hotel highly and would use it again and again and again...Thanks Mama Carmella!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Me and my boyfriend stayed there for two nights in 2006. Since I was already in Rome I checked in first (and by checking in I mean the old lady owner taking my passport and returning it only after I asked for it). She said it was OK if my boy checked in the next day, since he was arriving in Rome late that night (and obviously they didn't have 24h reception). That was the reason for the younger owner, the daughter I guess, to shout at us and to tell us off in a very rude and aggressive manner the next morning. It didn't matter that we had already agreed on that with her mother. On top of that the day we left we asked if we could leave our luggage there for a few hours (the page we booked the hotel through stated they DO HAVE a left luggage office). And what a surprise, they didn't let us!
Despite all that, the room was nice and clean. But it's not enough to make you get over the first bad impression. They should learn to treat their clients better first and also try to be more professional in running the so called hotel. Not recommended.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2008

Found this hotel on the internet and booked in for 3 nights. Located just a short walk from the Main train station. This is not your "normal" hotel as the owner/receptionist was only there partime we think. We were given a room on the top floor with a small juliet balcony. The room was cosy but very clean and looked like it was just refurbished. Close to everything as Rome is quite a small city which could be discovered on foot. It served our purpose since we were out early in the morning and came back late at night. If you want a an above average clean room but will be out most of the day this would be it. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)