“Really bad hotel”
Review of Hollywood Hotel

Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #1,144 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in April 2011 at this hotel with my wife and small child (2 years old). I have extensive experience with hotels in Europe and the USA and this is by far one of my worst choices. Besides the location, that is good, we got an unbelievably small room so our trolley for the child had to be kept in front of the room in the corridor.

The room was really ridiculous with a tiny bathroom separated by a sliding wooden door (no privacy at all). I guess that for a couple the hotel might do fine (I doubt it though) but I would really NOT recommend it to people with children. The staff was very formal and unkind at times, so I was stunned when I remembered the reviews I have read concerning the staff being pleasant and helpful.

The price was not cheap at all (over 100 euros per night) and the city tax was not included in the price (additional 12 euros for 3 nights for 3 people). The breakfast is miserable (coffee good though) and the breakfast is taking place in an improvised corridor in front of four other rooms (I never figured out whether those rooms belong to this hotel). The reception desk is far apart from the rooms, and the elevator that takes you to the rooms is very tiny and claustrophobic (not really a problem per se).

All in all, too expensive, ridiculously small rooms, old and ugly furniture, nothing Italian and stylish.

Would NOT recommend it (maybe for half the price) and especially not to people with children.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 9, 2011

This is a little hotel - but a lovely one. From the hotel there are a short walk to all the things you want to see.
The rooms are small and you only miss a refrigerator.
Tere are a little terrace at the top.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I stayed in this hotel. close to market, shopping, metro, easy to get transport. Staff are very helful and frindly. my next trip i will stay same hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2009

If you seek for a quiet, next to the central train station and clean hotel I would recommend it. The owner is a polite man though he doesn't speak english ....it's funny...at the end you can communicate perfectly. When you entrance the "hotel" you are not sure if you are at the right place. Actually, it is not a hotel... it's a pansion I think or something like that. The rooms are clean without any luxury. The important is that you hold your room keys all day long. The bathroom is very small but that was not a problem. The region (termini station) is of bad reputation but it's the best start to explore rome. Overall, the hotel is clean and value for money. But that's all. If you travel with friends I think it is a "ok" place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2008

I arrived in Rome on November 28th, around midnight and had no idea where to go.
Our plane had been delayed and the hotel we had originally booked had given our room away.
Fortunately we were approached at the Termini Station by Sergio, who proposed a room at Hotel Hollywood, at what seemed a very reasonable price, also cheaper then we had originally booked.
Since my wife and kids were obviously tired after a long days' travel, we thought we could at least stay one night and then see in the morning.
We were happy to find the room to be excellent value for money, and were guided to a roof terrace for our breakfast in the morning.
From then on, the staff has been nothing but helpful and really made us feel at ease.
We happily recommend the Hotel Hollywood to any other travellers who are happy staying in the area next to the Termini train station, and are grateful to Marco and his staff for all their efforts and tips.
In the end we had a great time in Rome, and are looking forward to our next visit.

Bigezdaddy and Family..

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 23, 2008

We stayed at the Hollywood for just one night and that was enough. For a cheap night near the train station it was ok but I wouldn't have wanted to stay any longer. The room was average in size for an Italian hotel room but the shower didn't work. Didn't bother complaining as we were leaving anyway. Wouldn't stay here again - there are so many cheap places near the station I'm sure you could find a better one for the price.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bp2008London_UK
Reviewed August 14, 2006

I was backpacking through Europe with friends and we hated our hostel and found this hotel for the same price it would cost 4 of us to stay at a dirty, shared bathroom hostel. The room was cleaned daily, air conditioned and located near the train station. I didnt need any services so it was fine that the only time I saw a hotel employee was at check in and check out. I liked the fact the the hotel felt like an apartment as my room was blended into an apartment complex. Overall a very enjoyable stay considering we left the worlds most dirties hostel.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nevets_83