Colors Hotel
Travelocity
$363
$264
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshared bathroomclose to the vaticanno elevatordorm roombudget hotelminute walkpowerful showerper person per nightlate at nightbreakfast roomthe ground floortiber riverlocation is greatsmall roomhotel is situatedvisiting romeevery morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Location was good. We were paying 27 euro each per night in a dorm while other people in our room were paying 20. The owner didnt care and just said that was what we had agreed to. Was pretty annoyed by this as we purposefully booked on their website to reduced comission from hostelworld. Doesnt seem like much but over 4 nights was more than 50 euro more. I would suggest to others not to agree to more than 20.
Other than that the kitchen is good...and they provide jam and cornflakes. we assumed that meant bread and milk too but not to be! Plus the "free" internet didnt work the whole time we were there.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Great little space. Perfectly located 5 minutes from Saint Peter's Square. Not the usual hostal (noisy, crowded, dirty). Clean, big and colourful rooms (we even had a sink and shower in the room, although booked with shared bathroom). Huuuuuge and yummy breakfast. Will definitely come back!

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I traveled throughout Italy for three weeks and Hotel Colors was my first stop. When I arrived I was given a huge room with a private bathroom and a balcony, even though I had paid for a single room with a shared bathroom. What a pleasant surprise!

The staff was kind and helpful. The rooms and common spaces were clean and well designed. Hotel Colors is also a Hostel so there are options to stay in dorm style rooms. But it doesn't cost much more to have your own room. On the last night of my trip I returned to Rome and stayed another night at Hotel Colors. This time I had a room on the 4th floor with a lovely window and a shared bath. The shared bathrooms are very clean and offer a lot of privacy,

The breakfast, which is included in the price, is pretty decent. They offer fresh fruits, cereals, pastries, and a selection of meats. As well as coffee and a variety of teas.

If you're looking for a social environment then it is possible to reach out and meet other friendly international travelers at this Hotel/Hostel. But if you're content to be on your own then there is no pressure to interact with others. This is not a typical Hostel. It's quiet, clean, and feels much more like a Hotel.

Overall this is a great value, the best place that I stayed in Italy for the price.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Great location! Only a few minutes away from the Vatican and just a bit more to all of the other attractions. I was able to get a (looked newly renovated) single room for 50 Euro/Night. The regular staff was friendly and helpful. Just don't expect any "hotel class service" from them. Its more of a hostel with nice single rooms.

Just one piece of advice. Watch out for a person called Zaman (I think he's Indian). He's either the manager/owner of the place, or just someone with a huge attitude. He apparently does not know the words "please " and "thank you" exist in the English language. One of most bitter people I've ever met. If you want customer UNservice go to him.

Location and accomodations, would recommend this place. However, that ONLY IF Zaman isn't around.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Well, I will start with the good stuff. You can walk to the Vatican and to the Castle di St. Angelo. If you don't have a lot of luggage, once you come in from the Central Termini train station or airport, you can take the metro near the hotel. It's on a quiet corner, the staff is helpful (except the one who didn't speak much English), breakfast is included, and there is a desktop in the hallway in case you have to get online!

Now, the not so good news: I think my cot had bed bugs cause I was scratching and itching like a little doggie, but that doesn't mean everyroom is like that.

They hold your luggage for you if you get there early or are leaving late. They have a great map of the city, can direct you to the supermarket or pharmacy, and the showerswas clean. It was recommended to me by someone who has stayed here several times, and I'm passing along the recommendation as long as you sleep on top several layers or bring your own sheets.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends