“Great Location and a Great Host”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
B&B Luciano Pascucci
Ranked #1,800 of 3,761 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the room Luciano rents in his home for four nights this past week. True, the bathroom is small - and if that's a problem for you, maybe you're better off at a more north american style hotel. But the charm, location and hospitality of Luciano's cannot be beat. Luciano welcomed us immediately on arrival (I think he was sitting in the window waiting for our cab to arrive) and spent a long time with us, getting us oriented, letting us know how things (buses, taxis, restaurants) work, and how to be safe in Rome. Throughout our trip he was a great source of knowledge and information on directions, language, prices, restaurants, and even once got on the bus with us to make sure we knew where we were going.
Our room was perfectly comfortable, though I would recommend earplugs if you enjoy napping in the afternoon, as there is quite a bit of noise in the streets during the daytime. The bathroom was small, but everything worked very well and it was more than sufficient, if not luxurious.
The location was just about perfect - everything within easy walking distance. We frequently went out to Piazza Navona, or the square at the Vatican for evening strolls, as though we were just out for a walk in the neighbourhood.
Luciano is still working on his english, so when you book make sure you are clear about what you need (don't ramble - it doesn't translate well) but be assured that Luciano is nothing but a good and honest host.
I would highly recommend B&B Luciano Pascucci to anyone wanting the charm and authenticity of true Roman accommodations and the warmth and hospitality that usually only comes from staying with family.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kase_London

Reviewed May 8, 2009

Luciano created many pleasant and lasting memories of Rome we will enjoy for a long time. We had been there before, but enjoyed this stay so much more.
B&B Luciano Pascucci is very nice and comfortable...but Luciano's sincere desire to make all your experiences in Rome enjoyable is legendary, well chronicled and deserving of all the platitudes of his previous guests. We add our sincere appreciation.
Rome is his pride and his Piazza Navona neighborhood is a slice of the Roman living experience to be enjoyed and remembered.
He truly took ownership in each of the ventures with which he helped us and assumed personal responsibility for our enjoyment.
Enjoy..

Reviewed May 5, 2009

My husband and I have traveled in Europe many times, but it was the first time we went to Rome. We stayed in B&B Luciano Pascucci for 4 nights. Before the trip, I asked many questions about Rome and the city detailed information, he always answered my questions very fast and with patience. Through internet, we found many terrible stories about dishonest charges of Rome taxi for travelers, so we asked Luciano beforehand how to avoid this kind of situation. He told us the words I would never forget. He said "I am your friend and you just call me anytime if the taxi driver has problems with the fares or anything". It is the main theme in staying in Luciano's place, he is your friend and whenever you have probelms in Rome, just ask him and he would give you the best advices you need and of course, his warm hospitality, in his place. Luciano unintentionally knew that I love chocolate, so he offered chocolate to me whenever he saw me. He even bought me a box of chocolate for me when we were going to leave. He , with no doubt, is a attentive, warm and caring host.
The room is very comfortable, clean, and convenient. The location is good as we walked through Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, and Piazza Nanova almost ever day. One flaw is the shower place is small. I don' t know whether or not it is common in Rome hotels, but Luciano's and Anna (his wife)'s hospitality has already mended the flaws and we definitely would remember our friend in Rome, Luciano.

Reviewed May 4, 2009

Luciano was a great host. However, the pictures on Trip Advisor from other guests is NOT the same room we had. This room had a terrible bed, and the bathroom was a closet where you showered over the toilet. Please be careful when booking this B&B that you have the room with the full bathroom.

Reviewed May 3, 2009

I stayed with my girlfriend for three nights in April. I booked this B&B based on reviews here in Trip Advisor and it exceeded all expectations. Luciano's house was fully booked so we stayed at his brother in law's (Andrea) apartment around the corner from his place which he also helps manage. The apartment had two entrances one in front of the other. First entrance led to the owners side of the apartment and the second entrance was to the room we were staying at. It was a great loft style room with its own private bathroom and lots of space. Another door inside connected the room to the owners house from where they knocked in the morning at the time we specified and provided us the breakfast. It was like being in your own apartment and you could come in and out at any hour without disturbing anyone cause you didnt had to go through the house to get to your room.

We were met by Luciano's brother in law (Andrea) who sat us down for about 45 minutes and explained things to do in Rome, places to eat and tips to be safe. He gave us a map and pointed everywhere we should go. It was great having those explanations before going sightseeing.

The location could not be beat. We felt very safe and it had lots of restaurants. We walked everywhere from the apartment, the vatican is a 10 minute walk and so is everything else like Castle St. Angelo, Piazza Navona, the pantheon, spanish steps, etc...

After those 3 days we went to Venice and when we returned we stayed at Luciano's house for the night before returning to the U.S. His house is a very cozy apartment with a great host. We had a great time talking to Luciano and getting tips from him. We told him we were leaving at 9am so he had breakfast ready at 8am, joined us for great conversation while we waited for the cab he had reserved us to go to the airport. Be sure to book in advance cause Luciano showed us his calendar of reservations and we saw it was fully booked until 2010.

Thanks Luciano and Andrea for a great trip. If we go back we will definitely try to stay there again.

Reviewed April 23, 2009

I must start by saying that I have not stayed in this establishment myself, but booked for my son and his girlfriend for 3 nights last week. They had read the previous comment about the hotel being overbooked, and were very worried that the same thing might happen to them - which indeed it very nearly did! The problem was with the confirmation - although I thought I had made it clear that it was a definate booking, Luciano didnt take it as such and so did let out the room I thought I had reserved. When you book by email, make absolutely certain that you word it in such a way that there is no room for error. Refer to the dates, the price you are paying and the expected time of your arrival.
In my sons case, Luciano gave up his own room for them, and they had a good time, although it was marred for them by the confusion at the beginning.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed April 21, 2009

My husband and I spent 4 nights in Luciano's B&B to celebrate our 6th anniversary and we had a wonderful stay. Since we've returned home, we've talked more about Luciano than the amazing sights. It was like staying with an Uncle. He is a warm, caring host. Upon our arrival, he spent about an hour with us discussing the sights we plan to see in Rome. He helped us determine the best days to visit, etc. He was more than willing to make reservations for us when necessary. We very much enjoyed our conversations with him over breakfast in his dining room each morning. It gave us a great start to our day and he always had us laughing.
The B&B is in a great neighborhood, within easy walking distance to most sights. On the night of our arrival, we walked to Castle St. Angelo, the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, and back to Luciano's. The Vatican is about a ten minute walk from the B&B. We took a bus to the Colosseum, but it is walkable. There are great restaurants in his neighborhood too and we always felt safe.
The room is comfortable and clean. There is a huge walk in closet and a small frig. The bathroom is a little small, but I'm sure standard for most accommodations in Rome. The bed was comfortable and the room is quiet.
I can't imagine that there is a better place to stay in Rome. We are very thankful that we stayed with Luciano and Anna Maria. We had a wonderful stay and would not hesitate to recommend the B&B to our family and friends.
Please be advised that Luciano B&B is very much in demand. He has bookings into 2010. If you email him and request availability, and he responds that the B&B is available, make sure you book with him immediately. If you wait, you may be disappointed to find the room is no longer available.
Luciano and Anna Maria, Thank you so much! We very much enjoyed our trip. It was a pleasure meeting you!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple