“excellent city trip hotel”
Review of Hotel Pacific

Hotel Pacific
Ranked #713 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had booked this hotel for a group 5 day-city trip. we booked half board as we would not like to spend too much of our evenings searching for restaurants.
On our arrival at 10 am. we were welcomed by the hotel staff, we could place our luggage in a separate area ( as rooms are not ready that early in the morning ) and could start our city trip immediately without delay for checking in. A quick freshing up was made possible.
When we came back in the evening we took our rooms. Rooms are sufficiently big, very neat.
Airco worked well and quietly. Mini-bar was filled with water bottles, there was no problem putting cola, beer or other drinks from outside in the mini-bar. Bed was big-size and have a good matras.
Bathroom was very clean, with normal bath-tub and big enough space.
Room had curtains and during the night we could close the blinds and the room was perfectly dark and we could hardly heat noise from outside. Night dinner was not luxury but well enough to close the day after a tiring daily walk ttrough Rome. Location of the hotel is great and perfectly close to vatican.
Cannot confirm nor believe the negative comments about this hotel. These people must have been in an other hotel. Hotel certainly meets the standard of a 3 star city hotel, it is very clean and the staff is capable and cooperative. Visitors cannot expect that everybody in Italy speaks english or french, as I experience in Great Brittain or France that hotel staff in these countries are only capable to speak their local languages.

Room Tip: swimming pool or fitsess not available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I read the reviews of this hotel and was optimistic especially after seeing the photos but in reality, I can safely say that photo editing has done wonders for this shabby dump! When we first arrived we walked back in time to a 50/60s dump. It is like nothing has been touched since then! The majority of the staff are unfriendly especially reception. Our first room (a twin) was so small no exaggeration I could stand between the two beds and touch either side of the wall. We soon moved from there into a slightly better quality room of a bigger size. Bathrooms are fine. Views are non existent, our first view overlooked a petrol station as did the room we moved to on the other side of the hotel. The road outside is extremely noisy 24hours a day! Furniture in the lounge/bar areas have swastika engraved into as do various street lamps and buildings in the area which is highly undesireable.

Breakfast was ok but the restaurant gets extremely busy and congested as it is so small. European hotels have a reputation for being shabby and so this is no exception! Location is ok with the metro station about 5 mins walk away and the Vaticanjust about 15 mins walk away. This is the only good thing about the hotel.

Def would NOT stay here again due to the standard of the rooms. The hotel DOES have some decent rooms but it's pot luck whether you get one or not! Good luck! Also good luck finding a plug socket in the room!!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Asher S
Reviewed June 12, 2012

For many years I have led groups to Rome and stayed at the Hotel Pacific.The staff were always welcoming, rooms comfortable, air conditioning quiet and efficient and the meals particularly on the visit last month excellent, such a variety of choices. Its location would have to be one of the best in Rome with an easy walk to St Peters, the Sistine Chapel, churches, and many tourist sites and shops.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Margaret R
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have stayed at Hotel Pacific on at least 3 occasions but the last time was the best. We were a large group of 50 people of mixed ages (and expectations). We were efficiently allocated rooms, everyone was happy and the staff were very helpful.The meals were my big surprise as they were delicious, plentiful and perfect for travellers. We often miss our fresh vegetables and fruit when travelling but these were more than adequately met. I recommend this delightful hotel to any reasonable person who wants good service and proximity to some of Rome's major attractions. Staff were very accommodating and I believe I received value for money.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marie W
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and the location is perfect for access to the Vatican and there is great shopping and wonderful markets and bars/restaurants all within walking distance. The facilities in the hotel are all I need to find, i.e. bar, restaurant etc. rooms vary in size and have all the amenities expected from a 3 star hotel. The staff are welcoming and friendly and have regularly gone the "extra mile" to accommodate my requirements. I have dined with groups and also individually and have found the food to be most enjoyable. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel for price and location and great staff! RH

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank R H
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights during May 12 in the hotel. Good location, close to metro and 20 minutes walking to St. Peter's square. Clean rooms, but the shower is too small even for a child. It could get really noisy during the night. Breakfast is not worth mentioning. But it is OK for the location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which is not facing the road
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I really do not like the idea of writing a review but feel so strongly about this that I had to do so, I stayed for 3 nights on two occasions and had 3 rooms. Each one stunk. I have never had such poor dinner meals in my life and I had seven years in boarding school. With two exceptions the staff were offhanded and disinterested. I have never sent a meal back in my life but did so at this joint. The young trainee I think guy was great as was the boss, the girl and guy on the desk rude and the guy in the bar could not have given a hoot. I was in hospitality and suggest most of the staff did not want to be there or did not like the job. Avoid this place and stay in others of far better quality for the same price.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Peter O
pacific59, Responsabile reception at Hotel Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Dear Sir,
I do not usually reply to reviews, however I feel in this case I have to make an exception, just to set the record straight.

First and foremost, we didn't receive the smallest complain during the four days of your stay, about anything, not by anyone of the 40 people of your party, nor by yourself.
If you were not satisfied with the rooms, I suggest you could have told us while here, giving us the chance to check the problem with you and solve it in the most satisfying way for both.

The restaurant Manager confirms that no food has been sent back to the kitchen and, again, no complain was made.

As for the staff being rude an uncooperative, sorry but I have to strongly disagree, on the contrary, we all did our best, given the situation.

We helped you plan you daily activities, put a private meeting room to your use ( for free) for your group to have Mass in quietly, away from the hotel's crowd. We tried to assist you when one of your group got lost for a couple of hours, if to no avail, because you'd rather contact your Embassy ( which confirmed what we suggested, by the way).
We tried to answer your questions and I say "tried" because you often walked away cutting us mid-sentence or hanging up the phone on our faces.

Overall, we were under the impression that this was your first time as a group leader if not even your first time travelling abroad.
This is all well and understandable, we are used to different kind of travellers and different way of travelling, we are used to panicky people, unexperienced and abusive ones even. It's part of our job to deal with this, but I feel that, for the sake of the hard work we all put into this establishment, it is just fair to show the other side of the medal.