I chose this hotal primarily for the location and certainly wasn't dissapointed. We spent 3 nights from the 3rd July and was more than satisfied with the hotel in general.
It is located on a busy road but the air conditioning was very effective and we kept the windows shut at night and were not bothered by noise at all. It is only a 2 minute walk to the Campo de Fiori area and only a little further to the Piazza Navonna and the Pantheon. These are both lovely areas with plenty of bars, restaurants and ice cream shops. It is a gentle 15 minute stroll to the Trevi fountain and a further 10 minutes to the Spanish steps. The Vatican and the Colloseum are both slightly further, about 30 minutes in the Summer heat but the local buses which stop right outside the hotel were cheap and easy to save your feet a little. It is 1 and a half euros to buy a ticket from tobacco kiosks or machines at the bus stop, this lasts 100 minutes and has to be validated in the yellow machine at the front of the bus.
The room and general areas of the hotel were very clean. The room itself was decorated in quite a traditional style which may seem a little old fashined but the furnishings were not actually old. The bathrooms seem to be more modern in style. The corridors and stairways however did seem a little jaded but then you're just passing through them!
Breakfast was perfectly acceptable although the orange juice from a machine was not the best.
The staff were very friendly and informative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Exe Hotel della Torre Argentina 3* located in the historical centre, at the point where ancient and modern Rome merge, Hotel della Torre Argentina is set in an aristocratic Settecento palace, decorated in classical style and with abundant decoration in fine woods. The hotel has undergone recent renovation (2010) in order to offer the level of facilities our guests deserve. We have two small reception lounges, a reading room and a romantic breakfast room, decorated in eclectic Italian style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Splitty, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Exe Hotel Della Torre Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Della Torre Argentina Rome
- Della Torre Argentina Hotel