Hotel Capitol Roma
$383
$288
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$146
$69
  • Free Internet
All reviewssweet breakfastearly checkclose to train stationcouple of nightsevery morningstar hoteltrip to romerecommend this hotelstayed here for nightsaround the cornercroissantsspanish stepsbuseselevatorkettleromacheese
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for four nights.. The staff is very friendly and helpful however the rooms are very small.. In summers it gets really hot and the air conditioners are not affective at all.. The hotel staff offered us another room but only on the last night.. we decided not to waste time in shifting.the breakfast is a big disappointment the bread is sooo hard..however the only plus is its close to the train station however that's a big negative too as its really far from where all the action is. Next time we would want to stay somewhere closer to navona.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank DivyaPassi
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I'd been walking round for about 90 minutes with my bags, looking for accommodation in Rome near the central Termini station, and after getting "no room available" replies to my queries at least 15 different pensiones and hotels, was starting to panic. Was thrilled when this hotel was able to put me up for my required four nights - the first in a vacant triple room, and then for the remainder in my required single. The guy on the desk spoke good English and was very helpful in arranging for me to fit in. The price was actually better than most of the places I'd been knocked back at, and the hotel foyer looked at least as good as anywhere else I'd been. What a relief!

The rooms are a bit tired-looking, but were impeccably clean, quiet and comfortable, and serviced each day. There's an elevator to service the six floors. Both the rooms I stayed in had their own toilet, wash basin and shower. Windows were double glazed, so there was no problems with street noise, and had quiet air conditioning as well, so it never got too stuffy. The single room, especially, was pretty small, but entirely adequate for a single traveller, and had its own TV.

You can access free wi-fi at the sitting room near the lobby, and a typical Roman breakfast is supplied in the little dining room downstairs - slightly stale croissants, with bread, jam and little pastry things, with coffee and juice machines.

It's literally a two minute walk to the train station, and there's a good selection of restaurants all around the area. Great place. Wouldn't hesitate for a moment to go back there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Okay, so it aint the Ritz, but as in life you get what you pay for. We spent four nights at the Capitol in early May. The room was clean and the sheets were changed daily. The hotel itself is a bit careworn and as for the breakfast__ forget it !!! __. But it is very central (one minute to both the main train terminal and the Metro. We went to Rome to sightsee and only got back to the hotel late. On the whole....not as bad as some make out

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel is very conveniently located: close the the central station and very well connected to all the city´s main attractions. The room is simple, yet it has all that is needed. I enjoyed the Italian breakfast, too: cornettos (Italian croissants) were good and the bread was very fresh, too. I read people complaining about the bread: well, Italian bread is not as fluffy as the one you get in the US! If you get fluffy bread, then you can be sure it actually is old bread (I am of Italian origin, you can trust me on this). The staff was also nice: I was suggested some good restaurants and things to do every night. I would definitely suggest the hotel to those who want a cheap hotel, close to transports.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Giovanna F
Stefano M, Proprietario at Hotel Capitol Roma, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Customer,
thanks for choosing our hotel. We are very happy you had a pleasant stay. We believe our hotel can offer a good quality-price ratio and good position in town. Should you come to Rome again, we would be please if you stayed at our hotel again.
scusa, we would be pleased
Best Regards,
Hotel Capitol´s management

Reviewed February 5, 2013

we were walk in customer to this hotel in late evening. This is very very close to Rome central ( termini station ) and we came from airport direct here.Room was good size compared to hotel room size of other hotel in other european countries.But staff was not helpful for any information which a tourist needs.May be language issue or attitude.Room was not so good.Location was very good to catch citi buses and metro trains and even long distance trains going to other towns in Italy.Will look for better hotel around this area next time

Room Tip: if just want to fall in bed and sleep and get out in morning w/o worrying about sorrounding then only consider this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple