Suite Art Navona
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsperfect locationipod dockaround the cornerfirst floorexploring rome on foottaxi rankhotel room was cleanthe hotel staffmini breakspanish stepswould definitely stay here againtrevi fountainbigger roomgave us a mapstreet noiseair conditioningwithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2012

A couple seeking our first break in Rome/Italy, we loved our four nights at Suit'art Navona in mid-August. We would heartily recommend these apartments and plan to stay there again in the future. NB: we stayed in a suite - Suite 101. Suit'art Navona comprises a dozen high quality, modern, new, well appointed deluxe bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms. on the 1st, 4th and 7th floors. As many have commented, the central location is excellent, being just across the road from the northern entrance in to Piazza Navona. All the famous sights of Rome are within walking distance. Highlights of Suite 101 were: large, high ceilinged, classic room fitted out in a modern style; effective, quiet air con; high quality en suite bathroom with walk in 'raindrop' shower; Queen size bed, very firm (we loved it, but may be too firm for some), with quality bed linen; fluffy bathrobes and towels; reliable, free wi-fi; iPod dock; large flat screen TV; desk (the only criticism we had was there is no mirror at the 'desk', nor is there a long mirror); a mini bar. The reception is manned 24 hours by Luigi, the director/owner, Antonio, Francesco and Maurizio. All four could not have been more friendly, welcoming, attentive and helpful and always had time to chat. As 'first timers' to Rome and Italy, we were very grateful for the maps and heaps of advice these guys gave us. And then there was the surprise birthday cake organised by Luigi for my partner: a large, tasty Tiramisu. Thank you, guys! Suit'art Navona is not a hotel - but the tariff is B'n'B so each morning Francesco or Antonio gave us vouchers for the cafe, just across the road. Here we thoroughly enjoyed a large, fresh orange juice, cappuccino, and either a croissant (sweeter, drier than the French ones) or "eggs" - a cross between a small omelette and scrambled eggs - with sliced tomato, whilst 'people watching' the tourists walking in to Piazza Navona. No need in this review to enthuse about Rome itself - if you're reading this, you probably already know it's a wonderful city. The one tip we would give: in the evenings, first drink at the cafes in Piazza Navona, as the sun is going down, then head off in to the warren of streets immediately west and south west of Piazza Navona (Via di Santa Maria dell’Anima and Via del Governo Vecchio), which is where we found our favourite restaurants. Our favourite restaurant was at no 16 Via del Governo Vecchio: Ciccia Bomba - eat outside in the side street. One word of warning about the apartments: Suit'art Navona can be tricky to find - the address IS "No 20 Via Giuseppi Zanardelli" - but as it is not a hotel there is no visible sign - simply a label by the buzzer, to the right of the front door, just like a private apartment. The entrance is to the left of a corner cafe, at the sharp left bend in Via Guiseppe Zanardelli, on the left hand side 200 m southwards from the junction with Ponte Umberto bridge on the Tiber. It's the building in the right foreground of the first photo in the Gallery on the Suit'art Navona website.

Room Tip: Suite 101 is larger, on the 1st floor, by Reception, looking across to the breakfast cafe by Piazza Navona. Extra space is worth the extra cost. Yes, it is above a noisy main road BUT it is just a few metres from Piazza Navona and with effective air con, you will not need to open the windows.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JeremyPD
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I say this because despite my suggesting this to the manager, it still says that they serve breakfast in the hotel, which they do not. We did not mind walking 5 minutes to get it, and eggs with toasted bread were available as an alternative to a croissant. One morning we came late enough so that we could buy a sandwich for a few Euros and share that. Our "suite" was spacious and clean and had a hassock for one suitcase and I cleaned off part of the long desk for the other one. There was a good sized closet and the bathroom was wonderful, especially the shower. The guys at the desk were helpful, but I just don't know how sincere they were. And as others mention, the location is wonderful. I really recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The best part about Suit Art Navona was the location. As others have pointed out, it is centrally located and easy to get anywhere from the hotel. While some like a minimalist atmosphere, it wasn't my cup of tea. There is nowhere to put your clothes when you unpack, not a drawer or shelf in sight - and we splurged and got the suite since the other rooms were very very tight and am not sure you could find a place to open your suitcase except the bed. The suite had extra floor space and a single oversize chair. We asked for a desk chair so we could sit at the desk and they got us one. We had breakfast down the alley at a little cafe and although we were told we would have an "American breakfast" we were given only juice and a pastry. We asked the fellow at the reception desk and he called and sort of chewed them out for not giving us the breakfast we had paid for. We ate at the cafe for breakfast all four days and what we liked about it was that it was a hangout for locals, but what we didn't like about it is they treated us like we were invading their space and they couldn't wait for us to depart. The folks at the reception desk were great and always helpful. The hotel is very hard to find, even though it is on a very busy street because there are no signs outside. The desk clerk arranged transportation for us to the airport and we couldn't have been happier with this service, especially after haggling with a taxi about the price. The fellow gave us the same price we would have gotten from a taxi and he picked us up right at the hotel in a Mercedes. It was a very nice service. The hotel has a small elevator, which is helpful since they are on the second floor.

Room Tip: If you want a place to sit, other than the bed, ask for a suite, I felt it was worth the extra $'s
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dm49
Reviewed June 12, 2012

What a great Hotel. Location, Service and Room were all Five Star not Three!

Where to start with the review? If you are like me you will have read a thousand of these before taking the plunge so:

Firstly if you are visiting Rome you need to know a few things
- Space is at a premium everywhere (it’s ancient remember) so if you are on a budget don’t expect huge rooms
- There is literally thousands of Hotel’s & B&Bs in Rome
- The ‘Main’ Tourist Attractions are fairly well spread out so you can never be near everything!

Location - Located a stones throw from the Piazza Navano (our favourite Piazza as not too crowded with plenty of eateries on the off shoots) and a short walk from the Campo De Fiori which has a fresh market in the day and at night turns into a cheaper and slightly less glitzy piazza Navano!

Personally we walked everywhere but the hotel is also 1min from a taxi rank. The Vatican is 10-15 Walk, Trevi Fountain 10-15, Panthenon is 5-10, Spanish Steps 15-20, Villa Borghese 20-25 and the Colleseum is 30min max (The Walk along the Corso de Emmanuelle II takes you right past the monument to Emmanuelle also). To be honest there is so much to see in Rome at every twist and turn it’s fantastic.

Now back to the Hotel Room – Very Modern and recently renovated the décor may not suit everyone’s taste, but we found it was tasteful, minimalistic and trendy which made it feel clean and cool. There is a big Samsung TV on the Wall and an iPod dock provided (I would take a line out cable if you don’t have an apple product though). The bed was so comfortable we found it a struggle to get up in the morning, the mattresses are memory foam and just amazing to sleep in. We were on the 4th Floor and there was no noise from the street below with the windows shut. Air Conditioning also very good and we found an ambient temperature throughout the day / night even though it was roasting outside.

Bathroom – Fantastic Shower (Dinner plate size head with decent pressure), a B’day (for extra storage or use if you prefer) Nice big sink, Mirror, Hair Dryer, Clean Towels S, M, L and Robes & Slippers Provided. The whole room was done as a wet room but the shower is enclosed. I would love a bathroom like this in my house!

Breakfast – My one criticism (as my partner is a big lover of breakfast) they do not have facilities on site so you have to walk to a Café down the road 2-3 Minutes walk. The walk itself is beautiful and you also walk right past a mini supermarket where you can buy fairly priced water, parmesan, beer, wine etc. The breakfast was also lovely but only consisted of Juice, Coffee (of course) and a pastry. I only mention this if I’m being critical because we really didn’t mine there is countless places to pick up extra grub for 2-3 Euro’s all over Rome so we were not that bothered. In fact the breakfast is worth just the Coffee which can be expensive around the touristy bits (I’m looking at you hear Vatican! 12 - Euro for 2 Cappuccino’s)

Also I would say the Hotel Needs a sign out front as it was not that obvious where it was but this is a challenge only for when you arrive so again not an issue. The building is numbered though so don’t fret.

Service – Saving the best till last. Francessco, Antonio (the Italian Will Ferrell) and especially Maurizio (the Director – I hope this was your name) made our stay particularly special. I booked the hotel as a gamble as there was only one previous review as the Hotel is so new. As soon as I’d booked I emailed to ask how to get there. Within 20 minutes I received an email from reception thanking me for choosing them and offering advice on how to get there. They gave me three options from the airport and explained how long each would take and rough prices for each. I also asked to have flowers (anniversary) left in the room for my partner when we arrived. We were greeted by Orange Roses and a complementary bottle of Prosecco. I was worried I would be thrown a nasty room service charge but I shouldn’t have worried. The guys genuinely wanted us to have a great time and went out of their way to help us.

If you have read all of this then well done. I wouldn’t bother looking at any other hotels now just book this one. You will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Just Mail and ask they will help you!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank dmagrolfe
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights in May 2012 and this hotel felt like a wonderful secret....from the outside you may not know it was a hotel, yet inside this stylish, beautiful 'boutique' bolthole, was a fantastic place to recharge the batteries from a day out in Roma. It's perfect central location, just adds to the joy this hotel has to offer...just a few paces from the wonderful vibrant square Piazza Navona - with it's bustle, street performers, artists,restaurants, beautiful architecture, the perfect place to sit and absorb the wonder of Rome. For any travellers looking for practicality mixed with style that makes you feel spoilt this hotel can cater for you. Equipped with ipod docking stations, led tv's, bathrobes, slippers, superking bed with to-die-for luxury cotton bedding, toiletries, tea-making facilities,balcony and very quirky lighting, I left the hotel feeling fresh and rejuvenated each day, and after a hard days's eating/socialising/sightseeing I loved to escape back there. Excellent accomodation

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hellisonfire
Adalconte, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Suite Art Navona, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

thanks for having reviewed our property, we are very happy that you enjoyed the furniture and technical equipment of our hotel and his location. Hope to see you again here.