All reviews cornelia metro station around the corner double shower via aurelia centre of rome restaurants in the area pastries trip to rome hotel is located excellent hotel main road busy street few minutes walk each morning lovely room i highly recommend this hotel the hotel is clean
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed at the Aurelius for 4 nights before starting a cruise. The hotel was recommended to us by friends who had stayed there before, and we were absolutely thrilled with the recommendation! Everyone bent over backwards to make sure our stay was perfect. The terrace room was gorgeous and the staff was so accommodating, helping us with directions around the city, and restaurant recommendations. The location was fantastic--just a short walk to the metro, and lots of wonderful local restaurants.
I would be quick to recommend the Aurelius to anyone travelling to Rome, and in fact have already passed on a glowing recommendation to another couple we met on our way home.

Room tip: If you can get a terrace room, grab it--you won't regret it for a minute!
3  Thank Cathy V
Gianfranco C, Direttore at Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for talking of us on Tripadvisor in relation to your stay in Rome.

It's nice to know that, by word of mouth, our Hotel Aurelius always receives lots of new friends. This in fact is what gratifies us more: to know that each of you will go home with great memories of the days spent together.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I took my wife to the Aurelius for 3 nights as part of a surprise trip to Rome for my wife's 30th birthday and it was ideal. The room was fantastic (I think we were upgraded as had a balcony) and the staff very kindly provided prosecco so that we could celebrate on arrival. The staff were excellent - ideally located for the Metro, Renata and Gian advised us on where to go and how to get there so that we could really make the most of our time. The hotel was brilliant, the staff top notch and Rome itself. Stunning.

I'd definitely go back and recommend to others.

3  Thank Gareth T
Gianfranco C, Direttore at Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear Gareth,

I thank you both for the kind words left on Tripadvisor and for choosing the Hotel Aurelius during the your trip to Rome.

I always say that our small hotel is like a home where we welcome friends from all over the world. Knowing therefore the purpose of your trip we willingly offered a room upgrade.

I hope you can soon have the opportunity to return to Rome to celebrate other events.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We have spent there 4 nights last week which was overall really good.

First, for those who travel with metro, after the exit gates, take the left moving stares, otherwise you could end up quite far on an area that is not familiar from google maps.

The hotel staff was extremely helpful and kind.

The location is also quite good, near to the metro, so everything seems to be pretty close.

The breakfast is also exceptional.

In the neighborhood, there are restaurants and also a supermarket.

The beds were ok, tho I think instead of 1 big bed I think it was just 2 put together, but that was not a big issue.

The wifi was very slow, probably that's the biggest issue for those it counts.

Anyway, I would go there again if I would go to Rome.

2  Thank dgabor82

Dear Guest,

thanks for the feedback left on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Hotel Aurelius.

As we always put the necessary attention to what is written in the reviews we know what can be improved.

As for the bedrooms we have both rooms with large beds and with 2 single beds. So please when you'll come back to let us present this your request.

As for the wifi, which is offered by our hotel, we apologize if sometimes the signal that comes from the operator is not fast enough.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We have just come back from a lovely 6 night stay at the Hotel Aurelius. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. All the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant, helping us with info about how to get around Rome etc. The breakfast was excellent and so to were our rooms, with a lovely ensuite. We particularly enjoyed the hot tub, great for relaxing. We had the hotel shuttle back to the airport which I would recommend. We arrived by the local bus which was a bit stressful as the bus driver was not helpful as to whether we were on the right bus or where to get off also his driving was a bit erratic.
The neighbourhood was great for restaurants and ice cream and the staff gave us recommendations and directions.
I really recommend this hotel, quite simply excellent.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank chocogirl
Gianfranco C, Direttore at Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for wanting to share, on Tripadvisor, your experience in our Hotel Aurelius and for the wonderful words which reserves to our work.

We try daily to carry on our work as if we had a big house where host friends from all over the world. Offering the same attention and care that we would give if we were truly at home.

We realized that the best way to show how much we care for you is to do as best as possible the little things. And I'm glad you enjoyed.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We did a 5 night stay in the Aurelius & it was lovely. Room was top notch wonderful balcony with canopy. Bathroom brand new and everything really clean and inviting. Staff welcome and advice given could not be better. Really handy for metro and buses if needed. Although theres not a great deal around the hotel we ate local a few times. Its mainly coffee and ice creams not beers thats available. Breakfast was fine, nice coffee and felt very well looked after. We would reccomend this hotel to anyone. Would have been nice to have the bar open as we would have used the downstairs area more. There seems to be so much space and wonderfully decorated, thats not been used & we ended up buying wine beer etc & sitting on balcony. Good prices will be back. Foz1066

Room tip: balcony was very useful extra space
5  Thank fozzyYork
Gianfranco C, Direttore at Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

we are glad you enjoyed one of the new rooms of our Hotel Aurelius and he has spoken on Tripadvisor.
Property is in fact engaged in continuous jobs to improve more and more the hotel and to solve the problems that emerge from the reviews that we read.

Hope to see you again in Rome.