All reviews cornelia metro station around the corner double shower via aurelia centre of rome restaurants in the area trip to rome day ticket hotel is located main road excellent hotel busy street yogurt each morning gave us a map bus routes breakfast was included
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited Rome in June and stayed at the aurelius hotel. We took the train from the airport to the termini then the metro from there to aurelia. The hotel is situated approx 50m from the train station (cornelia).
The hotel was great. Ranata who works on the reception gave us a warm welcome along with maps and lots of advice on where to visit and how to get around also which restaurants nearby to visit (I recommend Joseph which is just round the corner from the hotel).
On first impressions the room was quite small and basic but was immaculate and the bathroom was spot on. There is a mini bar in the room which is relatively cheap (eg 2 euro for beer) however there Is a supermarket just over the road.
Make sure you get use of the spa which is free to use for hotel guests it has a fab hot tub and sauna which is great after a long day of walking and seeing the sights, it's also private so you don't have to share with any other guests.
The breakfast was ok, croissants, bread, cheese, bacon.
I would recommend using the metro to get around Rome it is so handy and cheap to use. The restaurants near the hotel were very good authentic Italian food and cheap wine.
I would definitely recommend hotel aurelia for a lovely break in Rome.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nicola H
Gianfranco C, Direttore at Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

I'm really very happy to have read your testimony on Tripadvisor about your stay in our Hotel Aurelius.
I and my staff, in fact, try every day to provide you with our enthusiasm, our love for the welcome and our 'friendship'.

All this, in fact, combined with the high standard of our services allows you to get a quality / price ratio definitely cheaper than offered by the hotels of the same category of the historic center.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I can't think of anything bad about this hotel. Very accommodating: I asked in advance for a room not close to the streets and they gave us a superior one when in fact i only booked for the standard. Excellent staff: Specifically Renatta (I hope i got the spelling correct ^-^) in the front desk. She is very familiar with the tourist spots and excellent recommendations. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again here on our next visit to Rome.

Room Tip: Choose the room not next to the streets.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff R
Gianfranco C, Direttore at Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Jeff,

is good for us to know that with our daily work, we are able to offer the possibility of an unforgettable stay.

And then read your positive testimony on Tripadvisor, relative to our Hotel Aurelius, fills us with great joy and satisfaction.

We know that having a structure outside the city center we offer a greater attention to our guests ... to which we also offer, however, a quality / price ratio among the best in Rome.

We look forward again to roma.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Hotel aurelius was fantastic the guy on check in was one of the loveliest people I have ever met so welcoming and helpful showing me and my partner how to get around Rome on different transports and where to buy tickets for transport. So friendly and just so lovely to talk to. The Hotel had a lovely family feel to it with it not being very big... although the rooms are a good size.
The woman who also works on reception (I have forgot her name also very lovely always smiling and nothing was too much trouble..she suggested some great restaurants and drew them on the map). I definatly recommend this hotel and would go again. Thank you hotel aurelius for a fab stay!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Danielle,

our commitment is to manage the Hotel Aurelius as if it were a big house. And the type welcome given to you is the same that we would give to our friends at our house.

For that I thank you for the kind words shared on Tripadvisor and I hope to see you again soon in Rome.

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for week. Gian Franco welcomed us like we were family. Renatta and the rest of the staff continued to treat us this way for the rest of the week. It made us look forward to getting back there after our long days out exploring Rome. There is a large supermarket a few minutes walk over the road and plenty of places to eat. We had dinner in both Restaurant Joseph and Gustosando. Both good food and good price. We used the spa facilities which were very relaxing. Our room was at the side near to the front of the hotel but apart from the sirens of the emergency services (that you hear constantly when in Rome) we were not disturbed by traffic noise. The Metro is easy to use. It was open until 11.30 pm week days and 1.30 am weekends. We got a 7 day ticket from the tobacconists outside the local station. It's the friendliness and little touches (like an inspirational quote and weather update on your door every morning) that make this little hotel a great place to stay. I would definitely recommend it. Just remember that this is a residential area. You will not have amazing views from your window. However I would pick this hotel over a large Central Rome one.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alscats
Gianfranco C, Direttore at Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased you have positively perceived the way we manage the hotel: consider it as our big house where we host many 'friends' from all over the world.

And I thank you for wanting to share your experience on Tripadvisor in our Hotel Aurelius.

You are right when you suggest to choose Aurelius for any stay in Rome. Although we are not in the center, in fact, with a few metro stops you can get anywhere. And, even more, the quality / price ratio that we can offer puts us inevitably to the top positions on Rome.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Aurelius for one week in June 2014. Upon arrival we were greated warmly & given information regarding the local area, a map and advice about where we are located and how to travel to popular destinations. The Hotel itself is beautiful, as well as clean and has a warm friendly atmosphere in general. The breakfast at the Hotel was delicious and enough choice to have something different every day. We did make use of the leisure facilities, the sauna, gym and hottub which was great for relaxing after sight seeing througout the day. If you want to use these facilites then you get to use them all to yourself so you dont have to worry about being distrubed whilst in the sauna. The surrounding facilities in terms of shops and restaurants is many. If you prefer to, then there is a large supermarket to shop. The metro is literally less than a five min walk down the street. One the days we used to tube, it took about 15 mins to get to Vatican City. It is really easy to get about. We choose a smaller hotel as we had a wedding to attend in Rome and we would be visiting friends. We were pleasantly surprised to have a clean, friendly comforatble hotel. I have to mention the lady on reception most afternoons..Renata. She is the warmest person I have had the pleasure of meeting and gave me & my husband a bit of advice and help learning Italian. We looked forward to learning something new to impress her everyday and we really think that by reading other reviews that the personal experience the staff provide making every individual holiday maker feel their warmth and friendlness cannot to taught. It is the staff's natural charm and pleasant nature that made this holiday even more perfect.

Room Tip: We choose a cheaper room, yes this was smaller but as two of us we didnt need a lot of room. Bathroom really big even in smaller rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gianfranco C, Direttore at Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

thanks for the words so special that you addressed to Aurelius Hotel narrating, on Tripadvisor, your experience with us.

We do a job, sometimes hard, designed to ensure complete satisfaction. Trying to grasp in the details of the people, the proper way to pleasantly surprise.

Come back again in Rome and we are very happy to welcome you.