Aurelius Art Gallery Hotel
$178
$165
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$146
$69
  • Free Internet
All reviewscornelia metro stationaround the cornerdouble showervia aureliacentre of romegarden roomrestaurants in the areaday tickettrip to romehotel is locatedpastriesexcellent hotelmain roadbusy streetstayed at this hotel for nightseach morningreception staff
Reviewed November 1, 2012

General appearance of the hotel is like an old Roman Villa. The staff is very friendly and polite. With GianFranco, Renata and Alejandra at the reception desk you are guaranteed a warm welcome everytime. They are also very helpful and fluent in English. The breakfast is superb. I thought that with all the running about in Rome I would lose weight. Unfortunately I did not. Ihab prepares the breakfast and he is good at it, and friendly too. The hotel is very near a Metro Station, and can also be reached by bus from Piazza Venezia (Bus no. 46).The rooms that we had afforded good privacy and a nice environment. The nights were very quiet and the beds comfortable. The rooms are kept impeccably clean, and clean everyday. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anybody. If I return to Rome, I shall surely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clifford_F_Cauchi
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel is perfect in many ways! We were a bit apprehensive given how far from the centre of Rome we thought the hotel was, but it was very quick and easy to get to all the sights with the Metro just around the corner.

Great value for money. We had a very clean, modern and comfortable room...and a fabulous huge terrace which was an unexpected surprise. The staff were wonderful and very attentive. Made you feel very welcome.

I've plenty still to see in Rome and I wouldn't think twice about booking the Aurelius again on my next visit. OUTSTANDING.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms at the front with the terrace. Even though these face the main road you don't hear the traffic and the terrace is HUGE.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LeanneMet
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Within walking distance from the metro station. Friendly, helpful staff. We asked for a dinner recommendation close by & they even called & made us a reservation. The rooms are small but clean & confortable. Nice hot shower & wonderful breakfast. Free WiFi too!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Pg59
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was good value for the money
- FREE Internet, Breakfast was Good for Europe includes Latte, Hot tub
- CONVENIENT: Very close subway, short taxi from main attractions
- STAFF was good

I would definitely return

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
16  Thank KevinTorontoCanada29
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I'll probably repeat what most other reviewers have to say about this hotel:
1. It's close to the underground metro, some bus stops and restaurants.
2. Since it's a little outside of the city, it's cheaper.
3. Breakfast and wifi are free/included.
4. Yes, the rooms are small, but it's a city, real estate isn't cheap. Besides that, it's Rome -- if you're spending enough time in your hotel room for the size to bother you, you're not enjoying Rome enough!
5. The reception is incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, professional and sweet. Prompt service every time. (Side story: My wedding ring accidentally fell down the sink drain one morning. The lady from the front desk immediately called for the maintenance man. She came up to our room after our we phoned down there just to personally tell us someone was on their way, and came up again 15 minutes later when the maintenance man showed up. I did get my wedding ring back, and I can't say thank you enough to the woman working reception that morning for her urgency and understanding.)
6. This is a smaller hotel, so I feel like the service you get is more personal. I actually felt like this hotel was apart of our experience in Rome, not just a place we were staying.

In short, loved this place and we'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple