“MAJOR ROSCIOLI CRUSH OVER HERE!”
Review of Rimessa Roscioli

Rimessa Roscioli
Ranked #2 of 568 Nightlife in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: In our new tasting room, our group dinner consists of 8 Italian wines, hand-picked by Roscioli's top sommelier, accompanied by generous food pairings from our world-famous Roscioli kitchen. All wines and foods are sourced from extraordinary small local producers, representing several regions of Italy. We offer group tastings, and private ones, which are custom-tailored to fit your interests. We also have a tasting bar if you prefer not to be with the group, where you can customize a tasting from 25 euros.
Toronto
“MAJOR ROSCIOLI CRUSH OVER HERE!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I don't know where to begin with this raving review.. ok, let's start with that is was one of the most fabulous highlights of our stay in Rome. Absolutely amazing from start to finish.

We booked a private food + wine tasting with the owner Alessandro. He was prompt with getting back to my request for a date, budget, and likes/dislikes for the tasting. He was courteous, kind, snobby (in the best possible way!), witty, and extremely knowledgeable going through the tasting. We tasted 10 different wines, various amounts of cheese, bread, and meats that he paired with the fabulous Italian Reds.

We loved the ambience of the space, preparation, organization, and service that we went back for lunch in the main part of the restaurant on our last day. We also managed to smuggle back a variety of cheeses, meats and wine on our trip back to Canada.

Roscioli also ships EVERYWHERE in the world with their entire inventory of fine goods. They have made us returning customers for sure!

I have recommended this establishment to a couple people so far, and they have NOT been disappointed with their experience.

I can not stop talking about this to anyone that wants to listen, and would encourage anyone to go and experience this for yourself. Whether it be a private, group tasting, or a brunch/lunch or dinner spot.

Alessandro opened our eyes and palettes to Italian Reds and there is no going back for us.
Thank you for making this a wonderful experience that we will never forget.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The best night drinking wine and eating in years!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I wanted to wait before I wrote this review as I didn't want to be overly rewarding in the bask of our honeymoon and be sycophantic in my descriptions. However; It is now over a week since we did this course and I am still overly enthusiastic about it- telling everyone who asked about our honeymoon...

Alessandro is a league of his own, he is sharp, witty, charming and a savant on wines and food. He is also a total wine snob- and we love him more so for it. It's stopped us buying cheap wine just to taste something vaguely alcoholic and we are now embracing better wine, but less of it (good all round really)....and not to forget the pairings of the food- I can still taste the meats and the divine ricotta. It really blew my husband away that I organised this ( all through good ol' Trip advisor) and I *think* I am now winning on the gift giving stakes solely based on the four hours spent in a cellar...What can I say??- go! Be educated, kindly, listen and be given lots of the very best of food and wine- and then you see where Rosciolis is one of the best.

Thank you Alessandro- you are a total legend!

1 Thank katemk0987
LA
“Wine/cheese tasting”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

As a wedding gift, two of our friends purchased us a private wine/food/cheese/bread tasting with Alessandro. This ended up being the highlight of our 2 week Italy honeymoon. I learned more about wine, cheeses, and Italy during this 3 hour dinner/drinking party than I did the other 13 nights of drinking wine, eating cheese and learning about italy. It was a very fun and worthwhile experience (even if you consider yourself less knowledgeable about wines like me)

Dallas, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Go hungry”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

What a fabulous way to start a trip to Italy! This event is excellent in every way. Very professionally done - you will spend time with a man who is truely passionate and knowledgeable about food and wine. We chose the " Wines, cheese, meats and breads tour of Italy." It seemed pricey when I was booking from home before the trip, but was worth every dime.
I could not have eaten dinner after this......Save one night of your Rome trip for eating in the deli/restaurant of the same name. Ressies recommended.

Visited September 2012
“Amazing wine and delicious food tasting.”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I had the most amazing wine and food tasting at Roscioli. Alessandro did an excellent job presenting and guiding us through the tasting. Roscioli definitely raised our standards for food and wine and it was by far the best food and wine we have ever ever had.