“Skip it.”

More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The crypt is not worth it. I was really excited for this because it is different than the norm & a little off the beaten path. But, I was disappointed. There are only 4 small "rooms" decorated with bones. But, they are covered with dust so it doesn't look very good. There are no pics allowed. Be sure to cover your shoulders & knees or they will not let you in. Cost is 6 euros per person. There was not a line when I went & there were only a handful of others there as well. Skip it & don't waste your time or euros.

There are newer reviews for Museum and Crypt of Capuchins

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was on a European tour and our tour guide said to go to this but did not really tell us what to expect except that it was not for the feint of heart. But wow. It is a little expensive to get into the church, before going to the crypt you have to go through a sort of museum to the Cappuchin monks. I was a little short on time so I sort of skipped through this but there was some interesting information. I didn't know what to expect entering the crypt but when entering my first thought was omg I'm going to kill my tour guide why would she tell us to come here. But yet I found myself unable to look away, it was very artistic and unlike anything you have ever seen. This is essentially artwork with human bones made by monks who didn't have much else to do. You will be absolutely disgusted but you will be unable to look away. Unfortunately you can't take pictures but pick up a postcard to remember what you saw!

1  Thank KellyMath22
Reviewed August 21, 2012

There is nothing like this any where else - even the catacombs. You'll see intricate art work composed with human bones. Sounds macabre - yes, yet you'll be astounded by the precise designs.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

For 6 euro, you get to see creepy, but amazing, art. The museum is meh, but the six rooms decorated with bones is really cool. Where else can you see bones so beautifully designed? This is definitely a off the beaten path, must see. Since this is in the back of a church, women and men are expected to cover your shoulders and knees. Since this is off the beaten path, there aren't any vendors selling scarves outside.

1  Thank kpim
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Yes, this is another location where you will be expected to cover up (like the Vatican). My impression of the six rooms was that it was interesting what you can do with a lot of human bones and some plaster. Definitely not worth the price of admission for me but others seemed to be enthralled.

Been to Museum and Crypt of Capuchins? Share your experiences!