“Excellent Choice”
Review of Hotel Giuliana

Hotel Giuliana
Ranked #148 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Very good for its price, wonderful staff, great location, clean room, nice and cozy. Run by a family which were extremlly friendly and helpful. I stayed the 4 nights and recommend it to anyone. Will stay there again on my next trip to Rome.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank YifatPerry
Write a ReviewReviews (1,313)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Well where do I start. Hotel Giuliana is situated in a fantastic location.it is central to so many sites of interest as well as close to the train station. Marianna is a true gem, she went well past the call of duty ensuring that our stay was comfortable as well as booking 2 amazing tours while we were in Rome. It seemed like nothing was too much to ask. The service was truly exceptional. This hotel certainly did top off our stay in amazing Rome.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank melcaz123
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel is close enough to the most known sites of Rome, i.e. Colosseum, Palatine Hill, St Maria Maggiore church, Trevi fountain, etc. It has perfect location just in 2 turns and 10 min walk from Termini railway station with direct connection to the airport, as well as metro and buses. The road is easy to walk even with luggage.
Some people complained about noise of flea market under the windows, but I didn't hear any, although my room was close to that side of the street (maybe it would be noticeable in summer, when the windows remain open, but I stayed in mid-March and it was ok).
The room - I booked a single - had enough space for a solo traveler (furnished with double bed, desk with a chair, wardrobe, heater, TV and minibar), card lock, basic bathroom amenities. The furniture is a bit worn out, but everything is clean and serves for its purpose.
But the best and the most important characteristic I can mention about the hotel is its staff. They are extremely helpful and nice, speak good English and provide great service. I needed some assistance with official booking confirmation for paperwork before arrival, and they provided it in no time together with very detailed instructions on getting to the hotel and other useful information. Normally, it takes time and (very often) full prepayment of your stay for hotels in Rome to bother with your paperwork issues... It was a pleasure to deal with Hotel Guiliana on this matter!
The only downside I can mention is that my room (dunno about others) had a very small bathroom. I didn't ask to change the room whatsoever, cause how much time you spend in bathroom on a city-break, really? It had clean towels and basic amenities (shampoo, soap and shower gel, as far as I remember) and I accepted the tightness. You can also feel a bit of moisture odor, but it's about the same in all old buildings. It can be eliminated with air freshener.
Breakfast is very basic, but everything is fresh and fine to start the day.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: If you need spacious bathroom, it may be worth to communicate that preference to hotel staff before...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ekiryakulova
Reviewed March 18, 2013

As I’m sure many reviewers did, I spent countless hours combing TripAdvisor for a hotel in Rome. Based on the price and reviews, I selected Hotel Giuliana, and I was not disappointed.
Before our vacation even began, I emailed the hotel several times to arrange transportation to and from the airport. The staff was incredibly prompt and helpful!

The Hotel Giuliana arranged driver picked us up from FCO and took us to the hotel. He got slightly lost as the sign out front is not very prominent, but we loved the old world charm. The hotel is in what used to be a grand residence, and the huge wooden door is charming!

Staff checking us in were very helpful and spoke great English! Our room was very clean and the bathrooms were very nice. We paid $2 Euro for wifi for our 3 nights, which I considered a great deal. There was a hairdryer provided, and breakfast as well. The breakfast was perfect! Lovely pastries, cereals, fruit, etc. (nothing fancy, but very satisfying). Additionally, the staff made us coffee, which of course was delicious! I was very impressed. We did not realize what a walkable city Rome would be, so with the exception of the Vatican City, we were able to walk to all of the tourist destinations in Rome.

Pros
Cost: We spent approximately $100/night, and found the hotel to be quite excellent.
Amenities: Rooms, bathroom, breakfast all were lovely.
Staff: Extremely helpful and friendly. They were able to give dinner recommendations, arrange transportation to the airport and give directions and suggestions.

Cons
Location: Personally, I don’t think this was a huge con. However, if you wanted to be RIGHT where the nightlife of Rome is, this may not be the best hotel. We didn’t mind walking at all, and to get to the Pantheon was about a 20-25ish minute walk, not bad at all. The Colosseum was also about a 20 minute walk. For the price and the service, I thought this was perfect, but if you want to be closer, this may be an issue.

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Giuliana and we will be sure to recommend the hotel to all of our friends. Great time!

I am rating it 5 stars because of the excellent service. I don't think the rooms are necessarily "5 star worthy", but for our needs, this was a 5 star hotel! We loved it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lor41886
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Giuliani in March. The staff are very helpful and kind, and go out of there way to make sure that they can help. However there is a downside to the hotel and that's the bathroom....though spacious but the odor in the bathroom. Hotel is quiet old, but over all good stay.

Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Mezabine W
HotelGiuliana, Owner at Hotel Giuliana, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused but there was a blockage which has now been resolved.
Sincerely hoping to see you again.

Kindest Regards
Jean Santacroce

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We've just spent six nights in Rome at Hotel Giuliana. We stayed in room 10 which was spotless and cleaned every day. We had no problem with the road noise as the hotel has very good double glazing. The breakfast was adequate a basic continental breakfast which was more than enough for us. The only negative thing was that there was an odour from the bathroom which we think came from the drains.

All the staff go out of their way to make you welcome. They must have seen from my date of birth on my passport that it was my birthday and they left me a bottle of wine in my room. A very nice gesture.

Hotel is in a good location within walking distance to lots of major sites.

We ate at two good restaurants, the restaurant opposite the hotel and a restaurant called
Il Tavolinetto in via Massimo near Via Torino. Both restaurants served excellent food at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank snorklesam
Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you ever get to Rome .. please try to stay at Hotel Giuliana. It is a small hotel which is owned and run by the Santacroce family. Our group of 15 (7 couples and 1 single) stayed there for three nights the end of January 2013. The location is within a 10-minute walk from the train station .. a perfect location. The owners take care of just about every aspect of the hotel themselves .. from breakfast to being at the front desk. They are fun to visit with (before the trip in emails) and then meeting them in person as well. They are very willing to help you with your stay in Rome anyway they can. Make sure you take them up on restaurant recommendations as well! Thank you Jean and Marianna for everthing!!! Mary Zumdahl and friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends