Capo d'Africa Hotel
Hotel Navona(Rome)
$195
$156
2,196 results
All reviewsgreat hotelroof terracebreakfast roomancient romequiet streettop floorbreakfast staffpastriespalatine hillour honeymoonloved this hotelaround the cornerbreakfast is servedtrip to romewould highly recommend this hoteldeluxe roomthe air conditioning
Reviewed May 14, 2014

A beautiful hotel with helpful and friendly staff. We spent this weekend at capo d'africa and didn't want to leave. The terrace is beautiful and a perfect way to end the day with a cold drink in the middle of Rome! The rooms were beautiful and on our first night we were given a complimentary bottle of prosecco which added a very personal and special touch that kicked off our weekend with a bang! We will definitely be returning at some point! Grazie a tutti voi! Mel e Alex x

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mel V
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife booked this hotel as a birthday surprise so I can't comment on the value but I can provide a very positive review of the hotel. Whilst the location isn't as central as most visitors would like it's very close to the Colosseum, which I'm certain most tourists will visit during their stay, and a 5min walk to the nearest metro if you need to venture further afield. Rome is small enough that you can walk to 90% of the main attractions so the location was satisfactory for us. The service at the front desk is probably the best I've received at an overseas hotel, whoever we spoke with they couldn't be more willing to help, and take time to provide good advice on any questions we raised during our stay. They kindly recommended a local restaurant on our first night, we arrived at 8pm so wanted something not too far, and it was a great family-run place, full of Italians which I thought was a great sign, and quite reasonably priced.
We booked two tours whilst at the hotel, they kindly rang and booked them our behalf, and changed one of them twice without any hesitation or complaints, and also booked our return pick-up for us back to the airport. The only downside for me, and this is probably expected from a hotel of this standard, is that the hotel charges for pressing rather than allowing the use of an iron in the room. Other than that the room was decently sized, kept clean and tidy, and the bed/mattress offered a good night's sleep....although 10hrs each day walking around the City, and copious amounts of food and wine probably helped with the sleep too!
Good wifi on the iPad which allowed us to really plan each day/night whilst out there - didn't work on the iPhone - only downside, but it kept me away from work emails so maybe this is a plus point! Overall I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Rome, as long as you don't mind the 15-20mins walk from the main centre.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil T
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We arrived yesterday and the Hotel had arranged a car to pick us up at the airport etc. We are a party of four with luggage - so this worked really well. About 45 mins to the Hotel from Fuemicino airport, they will also arrange to transfer us back at the end of our 3 night stay. Total cost was around €120.00 total for both ways.
The Hotel itself is very nice and lovely clean rooms with air con that works well. There is wi-Fi available as well but had some trouble in connecting my I pad. The location is really superb and only a short 5 minute walk to the Coliseum. In fact the terrace breakfast room on level 4 offered views from one side whilst having your breakfast - which was very good with a great selection of foods etc. The staff at the reception are really helpful and friendly, they recommend great local eating places for the evening and will make the reservation at the time you require.

To sum up - great location in Rome and would definitely stay again !!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stacker43
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The Capo D'Africa is a beautiful hotel. Located one block from the Colosseum and close to the roman forum its walking distance to the metro which can take you anywhere in minutes. The staff was great. Cosimo the morning manager of the breakfast room treated our son like his own. he was interested in what we were doing and we really enjoyed him. The bartender Fabriso was awesome as well. He treated us like long time friends and made us feel at home. He helped with some apps on our iphone to save on texted back to the USA.
The breakfast is great and the rooms were very clean and modern. We had dinner one night and was very tasty and slightly more high end compared to the tourist trap places near the Rome sites. Some slight noise if you open the windows facing the street but that is what we encountered on our two week stay everywhere in Italy. The front desk was more than helpful recommending a tour and helping get to the metro.
The reason for the marginal grade was that upon checking out the bill was almost 300 euros higher. After finding my reservation on my cell phone the guy at the front apologized and revised it. It was wrong again and after showing him simple math he revised again. I asked what the issue was (because I wanted to hear his explanation) and he said that they had moved our room upon check in and the billing reflected current room rates and not what the confirmation was. I dont buy it. The confirmation number was attached to each bill after further review. This isnt some tiny shack..its a nice hotel and fairly large by Rome standards with modern equipment and software for reservations etc.. Had it not seemed too high I would have just paid it and went about my business. I added the car service to pick us up at the airport which was included in my bill and had to show the guy twice. its a shame because that one mix up could have cost us a ton of $$$$.. Everything else was splendid.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Aaron F
Alessandra L, Direttore at Capo d'Africa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for your great comments about the hotel and our staff! I’d like to apologize for the small inconvenience you had at the check-out, but as the Classics used to say: to err is human; to persist, diabolical.
I hope to welcome you again at the Hotel Capo d’Africa!
Best regards,

Alessandra Laterza – Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 5, 2014

A good hotel near Colosseo & Foro Romano. It is approx 4-6 minutes walk from Colosseo.
Very quiet and the rooms were big enough for 1 week stay. Good bed and the Wi-Fi was quite fast. Large TV but like many Italian hotels not many English stations. Breakfast offers good choice and the quality was great. Staff was friendly with good enough English. Not very cheap hotel but if you want good 4 star standards then you go no wrong. I will use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Great hotel near Colosseo & Foro Romano.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends