“PASTRAMI! Definitely authentic Roman coffee, not filled with tourist”
Review of Bar del Cappuccino

Bar del Cappuccino
Ranked #24 of 241 Coffee & Tea in Rome
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed February 4, 2013

It is an authentic Roman coffee shop, excellent coffee crafted by Luigi and you will not find many tourist here. The catch? none! Even for tourist, Luigi makes an effort to speak English, but you must also try some Italian. Fair trade in my opinion. And the PASTRAMI! I am a big fan so when I found a place that actually had pastrami, I had to try it. Now, it is not very traditional. No pickles and mustard only on a roll. More like a sandwich bread with lettuce and cheese but just having Pastrami was a nice change from the same ole pizza, pasta, and antipasto. Don't get me wrong, ALL food in Rome is delicious but when you're in a hurry and don't wanna sit down for 2hrs for lunch but don't want to go to McDonald's, then come here. Won't be disappointed.

Recommend: Cappuccino Freddo with a Pastrami sandwich on the side.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

OK, caffe is small with no nice alfresco area with a great view nor fancifully decorated BUT the coffee were really good! One of the best cappuccino I had in my Europe trip I must add! And the price is so so reasonable with great service (they make pretty design with the milk on our cappuccini - a leaf for my husband & an apple for me - cute!!) A nice little place to rest your legs & have a awesome coffee when you are in the Jewish Ghetto area!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

It has been four years since I've been to Rome but every time a friend or family member says they're heading there, Bar Del Cappuccino is on my list of places they must visit. My college professor showed me this gem and I'm so glad he did. After my first visit I returned on a regular basis for the remainder of my study abroad trip. The cappuccino freddo was my favorite summer treat and the staff there was extremely helpful and patient while I tried my best to use Italian. I wish I had a Bar Del Cappuccino near me in the States. I can't wait to go back to Rome and show my husband one of my favorite Italian cafes.

1  Thank aubzim
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I traveled to Bar del Cappuccino two years ago and still think of it every time I smell coffee. They had the best service and wanted to know who you are and how they could help you experience Rome. The atmosphere is very quaint and cozy - exactly what a coffee shop should be. I highly recommend it to anyone traveling in Rome!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love it at Bar del Cappuccino! I was taken here on my first trip to Roma and fell in love. The staff is so nice and welcoming and will help you with whatever you'd like. My favorite is the cappuccino freddo, yumm.