“Good find”
Review of Hotel Degli Aranci

Hotel Degli Aranci
Ranked #308 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Nice room, small, but clean, nice decor, comfortable bed everything worked.
Good value.
Wide variety of things to eat for breakfast. Everyone was charming to me.
Plus Comfortable sitting area near the bar where I was able to have a business meeting undisturbed

Room Tip: My room had a small terrace which was great to sit out in the morning sun
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeremy3155
gruppoloan, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Degli Aranci, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear "Jeremy3155",
Thank you very much for your lovely feedback.
We appreciate you taking the time to bring to our attention your experience and overall satisfaction about our staff, breakfast and services during your recent stay.
It is our goal to consistently provide customer satisfaction and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from valued guests like yourself, enables us to keep up the good work. Don't hesitate to contact me for your next trip in Rome or if you need assistance for friends and family!
Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and we hope to see you at Degli Aranci Htl again in the future.
With best regards ,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Degli Aranci

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here on my honeymoon and was a big mistake. Staff were not friendly in anyway shape or form (although this might just be them being Italian). We were given a room on the ground floor which was a big mistake. There was tons of noise and children running around outside our door. I would not normally mind this but we was talking 12 in the evening. The staff did not go out their way at all. For example you would ask them for directions or closest bus stop they would not send you the right way, or they would just say they did not know.
The rooms were also shocking, no air con or heating was working when we was there.
Location was okay, although out of the main city centre. There were some nice restaurants nearby which to be honest we would have never travelled out of the city for. We ended up walking most of the time to the city centre which was not a bad walk.

I would avoid this place if you can!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SpiderBeagle
gruppoloan, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Degli Aranci, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear "SpiderBeagle",
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on your recent stay!
We are really sorry reading your concern about problems encountered with your stay with us.
Firstly you're right saying that you heard noises during the days you stayed with us and in fact I double checked and ...we had a party for a child's birthday so we were full of young guys at lunch time;(
Regarding the heating in the room if you would have advised at the reception desk our maintanance staff would have helped you solving your problem .
I do apologize anyway for the unfriendly Staff which is on the contrary usually a point of strenght in our reviews.
In anycase we have discussed the points you raised with our Front Office Manager and as a result we are confident they will be more vigilant to be sure that similar inconvenience will not be repeated in the future and they will take the necessary steps to continue to improve their services.
I really do hope you will give us a second chance and will come back to our Hotel soon . I'll personally assure you ....a first anniversary memorable!
I remain at your complete disposal
Sincerely

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Parioli is one of the most elegant areas of Rome. Most of the building are set in little gardens, wich, added with the good climate of this city, make the experience very pleasant.
Degli Aranci Hotel has its own little garden, with orange trees, hence the name of the hotel.
Four floors, with some different types of rooms, depending on what the architects were able to extract from what originally was a 4 apartments building. A few rooms have balcony or even terrace, which is a nice touch due to average temperatures and sunny days. I counted a couple of suites, very elegant and comfortable, with terrace and yacuzzi.
In the last few years the hotel has been fully refurbished, including a small spa, also if you are not supposed to spend there much time, since Rome is so interesting to wander about.
Breakfast is a buffet, with italian pastries, good espresso and cappuccino at no extra cost.
Eggs and bacon are not class A, but you got them anyway.
Fresh fruits are also available, and fresly squeezed orange juice, the latter at a reasonable extra cost.
Rooms are always elegant, with firm mattresses, and batrooms are sometimes tinies buth always with marbles and mirrors.
Parking is possible with coins (ticket at the vending posts on the street). Night fare is free and a 4 euros fare for 8 hours during day time is a good option.
I personally go to this hotel all around the year, and find the staff friendly and helpful, without overacting.
The lobby is not very big, but you might always find a corner on the sofas to check your mails on wifi.

Room Tip: corner rooms are usually roomier. Not all bathrooms have a window. Since they are sometimes small...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
gruppoloan, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Degli Aranci, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Mr Tanobaires,
Thank you very much for your detailed comments , I'm sure it will be helpful for other travellers.
We care for your reviews and critical ideas in order to improve our services. Our goal is offering you a pleasant stay in Rome and whenever we reach this goal we're more than pleased about it.
We hope to see you soon in your next visit in Rome and I remain at your kind disposal.
Sincerely

Reviewed November 12, 2012

After an intercontinental flight with my 1 year old child on my own I arrived at this hotel ( with a booking which detailed my circunstances, ie women travelling with toddler) and was told I would have to go elsewhere because of special circunstances. I complained it was late and they put me in a room of thee size of a pantry ( had to keep suitcase and pram out to be able to move). Then theymoved to another room, outside ( room next door there were people partying till late), no crib ( I did asked in advance) and no space tp fit the pram. Then I asked one member of hotel staff to help me ( all of that at 1 am) to move some furniture so I could create a barricade with pillows on the floor so that child could sleep. He was ok ( no help though) Another member of staff appeared out of the blue screaming that I could not put furniture out ( I even thought maybe he thinks I am a stranger invading the hotel) , woke my baby and left in a sulf. Needless to say I left the next day and ran as fast as I could to another hotel.
No apologies , charged for my stay, arrivederci
Yes, this was a hotel. Four star though??? Nowhere in the world.
My review? Worst experience in my life. Probably better off with a tent in the park!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Mota293763
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here- an oasis in the chaos of Rome. The staff were really friendly. We stayed in a balcony suite which was comfortable and spacious by Rome standards. Short cab ride or bus to the city and some really lovely restaurants locally. Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
gruppoloan, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Degli Aranci, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for your review!
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the services offered by TheDegli Aranci Htl in Rome!
We look forward to welcome you back soon!
Best regards

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel is well located, the rooms are clean and tidy. It is a good option if you Are on a tight budget on a business trip. the city centre is not too far. Nothing special but just what it does say on the tin.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Everything was OK. Room service cleanliness and breakfast in moderate quality reception attendants English is limited but they are willing to help. However location is a bit concern you need to take bus 271 or 910 from and to Termini Station. Consider grocery stores closing at 8 o'clock. Pleasant accommodation I would recommend this place to stay in Rome.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com