“A decent family run hotel.”
Review of Hotel Romulus

Ranked #1,072 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Alberta
“A decent family run hotel.”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

My group of six stayed at Hotel Romulous after a late arrival into Rome, which was conveniently located on the ring road allowing us an easy departure the next morning.

The rooms were clean, larger than I expected, and air conditioned. The bathroom was a little tight, and it should be noted that the early bird gets the hot water.

All in my party slept comfortably, and were quite happy with the continental breakfast provided to us the next morning.

While the hotel could use a refresh and the elevator did not work the following morning, we found it comfortable for our one night stay and would recommend it to all looking for reasonably priced accommodations on the way out of town.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gateshead
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel is a basic 3 star hotel and it is out of the way, however for the price it is not too bad. The rooms are clean and were plenty large enough for 3 adults to share. Yes there were no english channels on the TV, however I can watch TV at home and so can not see this as a drawback when on a city break.
Regards the restaurant in the evening, we were dining in the city and coming back on the later buses so did not see a lack of local dining options as a problem. I was never aware of a working girl plying her trade near me but if this had happened whatever is wrong with a no and a shake of the head?
Our only small problems were we asked to have some valuables stored in the safe and found out later that this was not a safe but an unlocked cupboard in the office behind reception. Secondly on the first night the bar was out of beer after a short while, so following on we brought a couple back with us and there were no issues with us drinking this in the bar. This also saved us a few euros, every cloud!
The journey to the center is a small trial, however once you are at the metro station and on the train, in my opinion that is your defacto arrival in the city. We were unable to use the hotel's shuttle as it was full so used the local bus at only 1 euro. Once at the metro station purchased a 3 day all metro/bus ticket, job done.
The metro is fast, clean and reliable, buses the same.
We did not have breakfast included so I can only comment on the full/American breakfast which we chose to opt for on our departure day. I thought that this was quite a basic option, one egg choice, not my favourite sausages, but that is personal tastes. Excellent coffee but in my opinion overpriced at 10 euros. On other mornings we grabbed a croissant and coffee to go at the small cafe next door, cheap and quick.
Overall I would not place this hotel at the top of my "return to" list but nor would I advise people to avoid at all costs. If people reserch the location and plan to use as a base and not expect to spend evenings here, just return to sleep, then it will be adequate for your needs.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Rome
Reviewed July 10, 2012

At first, I would like to warn all of you that I tried to change my reservation on easytobook.com but customer service didn't reply to me at all. If you plan to book any hotel don't do it through this website. They really don't care if you need anything.

But back to the hotel. Room was clean but little bit creepy (my recommendation for the hotel is new furniture), breakfast was good (but I cannot even imagine to have the same breakfasts like these all the week) and receptionists were helpful with everything I asked for.

For short trips it's ok to stay but for longer stays I'd recommend to pay little bit more for another hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of nights in at the end of May 2011. Overall it was a great experience . The area was a bit seedy it's off of a highway where prostitutes stand by. However, there is a bus right in front of the hotel that takes you to the center of Rome. Also, the property is gated so I had no fear for my safety here. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is decent. Traditional European breakfast is served. Do not expect bacon my American counterparts! The espresso was really good. I would stay here again because of the facility of public transportation and cleanliness. One more thing complimentary maps of Rome with bus routes are provided by the front desk! total tourist bonus!!

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Elle_travelstheworld
Hotel_Romulus_Rome, Manager at Hotel Romulus, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank You very much for sending our hotel You impressions, we are sorry You found the area seedy, however we appreciated that You felt safe and like our services.
Thanking You once again for having notified us Your impressions, we await for Your next reservation with which we are pleased to grant a special gift to celebrate Hotel Romulus 50th anniversary in style, together with our best guest.
Sincerely Yours
Mr. Massimo Mencucci
Hotel Manager
UDINE
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The hotel is small, with a very friendly people at the reception and it is clean. Yes, it’s located out from Rome (but there is available a free shuttle service to the center of Rome). It's not so far from the Stadio Olimpico (15€ of taxi cost): that was my reason for the travel. I would like to remarque that I forgot my jacket in the wardrobe of the room and the assistants were very collaborative to help me with the organization of the delivery by courier at my home. Really thanks a lot.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Federico C
, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Romulus, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many Thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding Your recent stay.

The information You wrote are very useful, thank You for remarking that our Hotel is very clean and the Staff very collaborative, these are two important values of our company policy.

We thank You again for Your stay and we look forward to hearing from You.

Best Regards,

Corrado Curcio
Guest Relation Manager
london
Reviewed April 6, 2012

What to say about Hotel Romulus?
The worst location ever! We were coming back from the city centre late at night and even though I'm not a person who gets easly scared, I was constantly looking over my shoulder.
We were told there was a swimming pool and yes, there was... big, inflamable, empty paddling pool, hidden behind the scaffolding, that we couldn't access. Massive dissapointment, hence that was the reason why we've choosen this hotel!
Massive mould in the shover didn't make me want to jump in and refresh after sleepless night ,due to the fact that another guest, next room decided to watch TV untill 2am.
Being woken up at around 6am by other hotel guests and screeming children, is not the best start of the day but you could hope that the breakfast might make it all up for it. Not in this case! The choice of breakfast was between a dry bread roll or cheap cereals, no scramblled egg or at least a fresh fruit. We had to buy our own food and eat on the bed in our room!
The only good word I've got to say is about the staff working behind the desk. They were very friendly and helpful.
All and all - waste of money!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank emilia g
Dear Guest,

Thank You for stay at Hotel Romulus.

Even if You wrote that is a waste of money, please give us the chance to clarify some points.

The location of the Hotel is in the northern part of Rome, in a Business area with important company headquarters like Sky television and near important parks like Villa Ada and Villa Borghese (not walking distance) and it is not a dangerous area.

As we always tell to our Guests, if You have any problem during the stay, please inform us and we will be more than glad to help You.

Regarding the breakfast we serve the continental breakfast with a big choose of different kind of croissant, cakes and coffee, tea and fruit juice. American breakfast is on request with an extra charge.

We looking forward to welcoming You again to Hotel Romulus in the future and we send our

Best Regards,

Corrado Curcio
Guest Relation Manager

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels