“Could've been better”
Review of Hotel Pigneto

Hotel Pigneto
Ranked #3,239 of 3,742 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I can't think of much I really enjoyed from my stay at hotel Pigneto. Even though free breakfast is supplied I am unable to eat breads and pastries and this was all that was offered. There was no atmosphere and our fan got taken away mid-way though our stay and we couldn't open the windows because of the noise coming from down below. The bathrooms were pretty clean and the staff were friendly enough but not that helpful. The location wasn't terrible however be prepared to walk a fair while to get to any sights. Have had better value for money travelling Europe but I guess that's Rome.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Staff was supersuper friendly, thanks to Armando and Jerry, the guys at the front-desk. They were helping us out with getting familiar with the transportation, sightseeing recommendations, and even with places to go shopping.
Very easy to get to the center of Rome; 10 minutes by bus (105) to get to Termini, and the bus stop is right out in front of the hotel.

You get to choose between a sweet continental or salty breakfast at the time of your choice, between 8-10 am.

Room was cleaned everyday

Room is decent, cleaned everyday, and beds are comfort. Shared bathroom between 3-4 rooms was not as bad as we thought.

Pigneto is truly a perfect place to stay: budget but good and clean.
Would definitely be our stay when we go back to Rome.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Easy to get to the center of Rome, either by bus (stops right out front) or by walking (20-25 minutes). Didn't have any A/C, but did give us a fan and although it was a bit rough in the heat of summer we were fine. Shared bathrooms, which frequently ran out of toilet paper (the staff did provide us with more if asked though). Clean room. Location could be difficult to find since the exterior doesn't really have any large signs and you have to be buzzed in every time. You also have to leave your key with the front desk every time you exit the hotel. It was a bit concerning since they never ID-ed me or my friend when asking for our key - to give them the benefit of the doubt, each time I picked up the key it happened to be with the staff member I had checked in with so perhaps they recognized me, but I still would have appreciated a bit tighter security.

We didn't feel unsafe there, though it is in a residential area and in Italy, non-tourist regions shut down at night/the weekends. Breakfast was also included. We opted for "salty" and received a sandwich consisting of 2 pieces of white bread with 2 pieces of ham and 1 piece of cheese, each, and a (probably) vending machine cappuccino. We're both young and on a budget so we were fine with it, but I wouldn't expect much. Breakfast is a "room service" situation where you tell them what you want upon check in and they bring it to your room at a scheduled time (they were about 30minutes late to us - again, we weren't in a hurry, but just so you know). They were very accommodating when we had to check out earlier than they served breakfast and brought us some prepackaged croissants the night before.

Overall it was alright and fine for a quick budget stay. I'm not sure I'd stay there again if I were in Rome longer though.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jenn S
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We changed our booking in order to stay at this hotel rather than the previous hotel we had booked because we were impressed by the reviews on trip advisor. However, we really wish we had stuck to the first hotel..

The Plus Side:
The hotel/bathrooms were really clean and the cleaning staff did an excellent job every day (despite the strange looking blood stain on the wall of our hotel room)
The wi-fi is also really good and is free of charge.
The hotel isnt too far from Rome and you can get there via bus which serves several metro stations.

The Minuses:
We didnt have our own bathroom and there are no en-suites available in the hotel.
There was no air conditioning in our room. We had to make do with a small fan in the corner of the room in 30 degree weather.
The hotels location is fairly dodgy. There is a small square right outside the hotel where many homeless people seem to drink and sleep on benches and we never really felt safe on the street outside the hotel.
The breakfast contained literally one croissant and some lukewarm water for a single bag of tea which is brought up to the bedroom.
The worst part of our stay was the treatment from the staff. "Rude" is an understatement. One of the staff members at reception was so rude and condescending to us, particularly when I asked if we could possibly get some more towels (we were only given two small face towels altogether which we were told would have to last us for 3 days). The man at reception simply shook his head and ignored me afterwards and pretended not to hear me (I was the only one in the room with him). There were a few other moments when the staff were rude, particularly the man at reception.

It is mainly for the rudeness/unhelpful manner of the staff that i'm only giving it two stars. The hotel would be ok, maybe for people only staying one night or students on a really tight budget. But regardless of this, no customer that pays their hard earned money deserves to be treated the way we were here. Would definitely not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Dont stay here if your looking for any comfort at all.