“Best time we had in Rome!”
Review of Cantina Lucifero

Cantina Lucifero
Ranked #113 of 12,437 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
“Best time we had in Rome!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Although I can't say it's one of the best meals I've ever had in any restaurant, I can say it was our best meal in Rome! We loved the atmosphere, service and the food. A great value!

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Great food, poor experience.”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

After spending 2 months in Italy, my family and I were really hoping for a menu that didn't include pizza or pasta. The menu at Lucifero looked excellent, so we made a booking and ventured inside. We were greeted with a Prosecco and had a lovely chat with the restaurant manager who also took our order... Not very well it seems, as we were delivered an extra entree that we didn't order, and were awkwardly told "to eat it anyway" (do we still need to pay for it?). 20 minutes later the water that we had ordered twice before arrived and 20 minutes after that I was told that the main meal I had ordered was not available. After being offered a few other choices, I opted to not eat at all, as the rest of my family's meals had already arrived. The meals that were eaten were of great quality, however, the dining experience was marred by staff, and the inability to deliver what was ordered. I have no problems with no being able to order a menu item because "there is none left", but it shouldn't take 40 minutes to convey this message to me. A very disappointing end to our Italian adventure.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Brashesvoucher
“Do not miss this gem”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Right next to all the tourist traps of Campo di Fiori hides this little gem. Great place, great atmosphere, wonderful food, prosciutto with Tomini cheese for starter is heaven, all pastas are of excellent quality. Second time we were there.
Quick and gentile service. Will come back again.

1 Thank Davidnoga1984
Toronto, Canada
“A little taste of heaven”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just recently was in Rome early September. We relied heavily on TripAdviser to find hotels and restaurants. We are delighted to have given this restaurant a chance. You need to make reservations before hand! You are greeted at the door by Marco who offers you a glass of presecco. He then offers his suggestions as to what is in season and what he likes best. I had the spinach and feta ravioli, my boyfriend had the lasagna. Both were absolutely phenomenal. Limited sauce brings out the last of the pasta (freshly made) and the ingredients (simple but delicious). They do not have have been on tap so we asked for a glass of their house wine - fantastic. The house red came highly recommended with our meals. The restaurant is quite small and intimate. I would recommend this to couples or small groups. Must try. Upon returning to Rome, we will definitely return!

1 Thank Mary K
“Don't leave Rome without visiting”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

A fantastic night (27/09/13). A very warm welcome from Marco when we arrived and good banter with him throughout the evening without being intrusive. A very small restaurant (c.30 covers) so booking essential and likely to be sharing a table although there are a couple of tables of 2/4 but if this is an issue for out hen make sure you state what you want when you book. Complimentary Prosecco on arrival and we were very much guided by him for our food choices. Tomino Cheese with Parma Ham was to die for and Pasta of the day with Pesto was amazing. For mains we had Beef Brasato with Barolo sauce and Veal Polpette with tomato sauce which we shared and both were fantastic. If you don't like sauce on your food then certainly wouldn't recommend the beef as there is a lot of it. To finish we shared a Tiramisu and were both completely full afterwards. My favourite Italian wine is Amarone but having told Marco that, he asked if I would like to try something else from a smaller vineyard and I said yes and we had a Gelsaia which was really good. All in all a great evening and would definitely go back on our next visit.

1 Thank Paul I