“Memory of delicious tastes are still there nearly a year on!!”
Review of Cantina Lucifero

Cantina Lucifero
Ranked #166 of 12,955 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Just found this Cantina's matchbook in my memorabilia of Rome and have been reminded to put this online for future visitors to Campo De' Fiori district... utterly scrumptious meals were eaten here twice on my week's visit last sunny May. Everything was delizioso, atmosphere great and very friendly, wine (owner IS the wine list!!) just right....etc etc..yumyum...not surprised booking is recommended and extremely reasonable for centre-tourist Rome.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Its an authetic, cosy little place with great food and lovely wine all recommended by the friendly owner. A welcome drink of Prosecco on arrival was a nice touch. The down side portion sizes were quite small and I'm a small eater, the staff sat and smoked at the end of the night whilst we were finishing off, was around 11pm so not so late, then being asked if we would like a limoncello after our meal, something that almost every restaurant gives you with the bill, but it seems not there!! We were charged ?10 for two!!! Still i suppose it covers the 'free' welcome glass of prosecco!!

1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The owner is very friendly and very helpfull. He chooses the best wine to your meal, and the food is also very good. Not expensive compared to what you get.
The restaurant is not so easy to find, but it is worth it.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stopped into this restaurant on two different trips to Rome, two years apart. Neither visit disappointed. The food is amazing and the hospitality is welcoming. If I ever make it back to Rome, I will stop in again. LOVE the lasagna, probably the best I have had in Italy. It is also fairly easy to find, being in one of the side roads just off of Campo de Fiori, but much higher quality than restaurants in the main part of the Campo. Food is such an important part of experiencing a new place for me, so I don't want to waste those precious meals and this restaurant delivers the flavor and quality without completely destroying my budget.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We are farmers and cure our own meats. We can tell that they use the best quality ingredients and very interesting combinations. When you combine that with sincere and considerate service and a charming and intimate atmosphere, it makes for a delightful, delicious, non touristy experience. Four appetizers, four mains, four desserts, bottle of wine, dessert wine and two coffees... 165 euros...worth every penny. Would go back if weren't leaving tomorrow. Need to make reservations as very limited seating. Hope you get the chance to enjoy.