“Molto benne!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

FifiinFlo...
Jacksonville, Florida
“Molto benne!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

The Piazza Mercanti penthouse is a jewel in the Trastevere neighborhood. The location is fabulous. It's close to unique shops and restaurants and has the warm local flavor we had hoped for during our stay.

The preliminary arrangements were handled with speed, thoroughness and humor. Martin and his staff are accommodating and well versed in anticipating what their clientele need for their stay.

The apartment feels like "real" Rome. (Really NICE Rome!). Thank goodness for the elevator. It's small, but it works and beats carrying luggage up the stairs.

Speaking of stairs...there are a lot of them inside the apartment. They are lovely, but luggage was a challenge. I recommend arranging to have the driver carry your bags all the way to the bedroom floor. It's worth a big tip:).

The downstairs is amazing. Lots of natural light, plenty of seating, nicely decorated, and the kitchen is well equipped. We had a little problem with the refrigerator, but there's a bar fridge on the veranda. Frankly, we ate out all the time, even though we planned to do some cooking.

The loft is very nice and provides extra space on the bedroom floor.

The master bedroom is huge and has lots of storage. The view is incomparable. I kept both windows open the entire time, and the cool breeze was perfect 24/7.

The master bath is adequate. It's large and has a nice window. It doesn't have a jacuzzi bath (as described) but it has the biggest shower I've ever scene. The water pressure is excellent. There's plenty of hot water for one long shower, but you may want to time showers with your roommates (just like home). In general, the bathroom could use a little sprucing up.

The 2nd bedroom and bath are significantly smaller, but absolutely fine. The bedding is nice and soft throughout, as are the towels. Although the washing machine was broken during our visit, and that created a towel situation, Martin told us prior to our arrival that it may not be replaced in time for our stay.

The icing on the cake is the veranda! The view, the breeze, the size and layout - you may not want to come down. There is a very large table, lots of seating, a fridge, a grill, a drying rack, lovely plants and flowering vines.

Worth noting: Lots of electrical jacks, and my US to Italy converters worked great.

There were only two of us and there was a ton of space. I could picture a family of 4-5 staying there very comfortably. The kitchen would be great for some home cooked meals. This apartment would is perfect for an extended stay

Overall, I highly recommend Piazza Mecanti, venti cinque. It was a welcome haven following busy days and nights. And the Picard group is molto benne.

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Nov 17, 2013
Sorry about the jacuzzi! I just updated the listing description to reflect the changes. We took out the jacuzzi, which was a bit worn and replaced it with the shower you described.
Chevy Chase MD

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Edinburgh
Reviewed August 16, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers

Reviewed July 22, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
Jul 22, 2012
Just for the record, John Coyle was a true gentleman to deal with and I couldn't recommend him more highly to any host around the world. It's guest such as John that make renting out a high end apartment more fun than work.

For guests of disappointing apartments in Rome, we'll try to salvage your vacation - the Eternal City deserved people to have experiences as magnificent as its history. www.romanloft.com
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing