“Winderful food and the best toilets I've ever seen in a restaurant!”
Review of Fil Restaurant

Fil Restaurant
Ranked #2,039 of 12,764 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I know it's petty, but clean toilets signify a clean premises for me. This place has toilets fit for the best, spotlessly clean as is the whole premises.
The kitchens likewise are open to view with a video camera projecting the chefs at work so that there are no secrets - I've never seen this before, very clever I must say.
The food is plentiful and delicious, having sampled the menu 3 times I recommend the pasta's and the salads equally. Very, very good indeed.
Improvements - the beer is fixed to 1 brand as is very expensive at about €8 a bottle. Additionally a basket of bread is hideously dear at €1 a slice more or less.
Don't let these oddities put u off, this really is a restaurant not to be missed.
If stating next door at the Hotel Domidea, ask at reception for a 10% off card which helps.

1  Thank themonty888

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have visited FIL Restaurant a number of times now and have always been impressed with the service, cleanliness and attention to detail. The food was excellent and even though the menu had changed a little since our last visit, it was delightful.

Fillipo is a great host and again welcomed us back to his restaurant after our six month absence in Australia.

It's next door to the Hotel Domidea so if you are staying there, be sure to make time to eat at FIL. We will again!

2  Thank rodzoz
Reviewed July 23, 2012

From the moment we got to the restaurant, our Italian friends had just recently discovered this new place, we were really impressed.
By the decor, the neat idea of projecting the activities in the kitchen on the wall... the cleanliness and of course the "Food".
We enjoyed a five course meal of delicacies, subtle flavours, a variety of authentic Italian dishes, creative presentation and quality of ingredients.
The chef has international experience; he came to check on us several times to see how we are liking the food.
Along with dinner at the Fairmont Monte Carlo, the best dining experience we had on our 4 weeks trip!

1  Thank Nour E
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We dined at Fil after an exhaustive day on the road driving to Rome. We were disappointed the hotel didn't have it's own restaurant but pleased to learn that Fil's was just next door. Unfortunately, dinner in these parts does not begin until 1930 but we came back shortly after the dinner hour and were quite suprised by how friendly the staff were and how much we enjoyed our stay. The hotel gave us 10% off coupons and we had no issue paying up at the end. I believe most of the restaurant staff some English and I had no issues placing our orders. We might just have to skip Rome tomorrow and try the lunch we read about.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed in Rome for 4 days and ate at here two out of the four nights for dinner and twice for lunches. The price and staff were an unbeatable combination. I felt right at home the moment we walked through the door. I have never visted Italy and don't know much about cuisine but after a brief discussion with the staff, they created some of the best food my wife, my daughter and myself have ever eaten. Not to mention, they personnally got my two year old to eat (not an easy task). Check it out, you wont be dissapointed.

1  Thank Mike B

Been to Fil Restaurant? Share your experiences!