“To try absolutely to try”

La Sandwicheria al Nazareno
Ranked #184 of 12,594 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Wandering between the Fontana di Trevi and Piazza di spagna, you will find this little shop.
Inside you can try more than 20 different sandwiches each of them with tasty ingerdients for example itaian or spanish ham, mozzarella, fresh tomato or zucchini, the crew is smart and least but not last you pay only 4 euros for sandwich.
Avoid all the pizzas shop around that place and choose the best.

1  Thank massimo r
There are newer reviews for La Sandwicheria al Nazareno

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our preferred place in Rome for take-away breakfast/lunch. Cheap sandwiches (all cost 4 euroes), many alternatives and lots of delicious ingredients. Service was fast. What else do you need?

2  Thank Martin L
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I heard about this place on Twitter and made a point of visiting on my last trip to Rome. It did NOT disappoint! It is a walk-in type of place with no seating- so don't plan on sitting around enjoying wine with your lunch. There is a huge chalkboard with 30 different sandwich options - and you are encouraged to customize your sandwich if you choose. The bread is delicious, and I had a wonderful sandwich with buffalo Mozzarella and ham, followed by a dessert sandwich with Nutella, bananas and a little sugar! I was in heaven!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Tasty sandwiches ,good variety, perfect price, but not enough if you are hungry it is a bit smaller than you wish. Drinks price are good. Excellent for bites on the go...

Reviewed March 22, 2013

First of all, this really isn't a restaurant, so I'm pretty surprised to see it on this listing, and especially so high up!
That being said, I guess I could see it if the sandwiches were something special, but they really aren't.
I happened on this place while walking around waiting for my turn at the main post office in Rome, as it's very close to Piazza San Silvestro. I wanted something I could take back with me while I waited, and not a sit-down lunch.
The location is good, and it's decorated nicely, but really once you get your panino it just makes it feel like more of let-down. Also, there are only two counters to stand at and no chairs.
The service...to be honest, I was very, very annoyed. Ok, we all know customer service isn't Italy's strong point, but while I was in there, the sandwich maker\shop owner was so busy trying to flirt with two young foreign girls that a line at least 6 people deep formed. (might not seem so bad, but in a place that is as tiny as this, 6 people is a lot!) The lady in front me actually ended up with a ocuple things she didn't want on her sandwich because he was so distracted!
In terms of the sandwich- The ingredients were supermarket ones, and the end product was just simply a let-down. The shop was cute, the sandwich looked good, but in the end it just didn't live up to anything memorable...oh, and it was much more expensive than a normal sandwich (which would probably have been better) at any bar would have been.

4  Thank michelle j