“Decent location but not very clean”

B&B Hotel Roma Trastevere
Ranked #256 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This might be the perfect hotel for you if youre a well worn budget traveler without picky tastes. The pro's are as everyone else stated: great location-the number 8 tram to PZA Venezia (where all the tourist attractions are located) is literally outside the door, the blow dryer works great, close to returants and some shopping, decent neighborhood where I never felt unsafe.

The cons: First, this place is not as clean as I hoped and read from reviews. When I got to my room after a long day of travel, my sheets literally had crumbs and hair on them. I had to run downstairs to get my own clean sheets from the night worker. Second, the staircase and hallway areas were never once mopped or cleaned! See the pics. We stayed 6 nights and we kept joking about how it got dirtier and dirtier as the week wore on!

There are also two more things that I think would bother picky travelers such as the construction noise in the mornings. We were not warned of this, but there was a huge scaffolding covering the front of the hotel which made it difficult to see from the street. Also I do not recommend the breakfast which is NOT included in the price! Don't be fooled. Someone cracked open a can of fruit cocktail drowning in syrup and stuck it in a round bowl. The "eggs" are made from powder perhaps as the texture Is quite odd.

In short, if you want a good location and a cheap palace to stay (cheap by Rome standards) this B&B is your place. If you're uncomfortable with somewhat dirty and very plain dorm room like places, find somewhere else to stay. If you do stay here, take a train at the airport to Trastevere station (not main station) 15 Euro round trip at the window-We avoided taxis as recommended on many sites and once there you literally walk straight forward on Vaile de Trastevere about 500 meters. Follow the B&B signs and don't worry so much about the dodgy appearance of the train station area. You will be just fine once you get to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Travelbug7326

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here for several nights and found it a great budget base for exploring Rome. There's a tram stop right outside which takes you into Trastevere and, further, to the Pantheon. The room was spacious and did not face the street so was quiet. It was very hot when we there but the air conditioning in the room easily coped and kept us cool. A nice powerful shower and the beds were comfortable. The only downside was the wireless Internet which varied between very slow and unusable during our stay. Apart from this, we felt it was very good value for money and would recommend.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I booked this room on a website that does not tell you the name of the Hotel until after you pay.

We really enjoyed our stay here. We took a train from the Airport to the Trastevere Train station and walked from the train station to the hotel. About 10 minute walk. We arrived late at night and it was no problem finding the hotel. We had a map from home.

Check in was very easy and English was not a problem. Its a small entrance that could be missed in the day, I think we only found it because it was dark, and the lit sign was noticable. Kind of a wonky setup as you have to go down one elevator and then up another. But it was fun, clean and safe.

Rooms were smaller, but we didnt care as they were very clean and tidy. Plus we werent planning on spending alot of time in our room anyway. Bathroom was spacious and very clean. Lots of hot water, and water pressure was great.

Wifi was sketchy at times, but we experienced this same issue at all 5 hotels we stayed at throughout Europe on this trip. So it didnt bother us.

We didnt opt for the breakfast so i cannot comment on it. The beds were comfortable and clean. All staff were very polite and helpful.

Even though public transit was directly out front of hotel, we opted to walk to city center (Colleseum, Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain etc) took about 25-30 mins to walk to center. In the 40 degree heat, it was tough at times, but we powered through it. Plus you get to see alot more when you walk down the streets. There are some GREAT shops if you just go off the beaten path halkway down the trek to City Center. We would have never found them if we took Taxi or Train. So glad we walked.

Overall this place was great. I would DEFINATELY stay here again. Proximity to Train from the Airport, and the cleanliness, and the staff. All superb.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank The_Goat_Trav
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a typical hotel of the B&B chain. Clean and modern. Friendly and english speaking staff. My Room was quite large. There was however noise heard from the street, even with closed window. Breakfast was satisfying. Public transport is very good with tram 8 and trastevere railwaystation nearby. If do not mind staying outside the city centre then this hotel might be a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Thank A.Brouwer
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here last week. Great location very close to train station, bus routes, etc. Spacious rooms. Very clean. We didn't purchase the breakfast for 6,5 euros because it didn't offer very much variety for the price. The wifi is terrible in the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BrandieKay
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed with several mates at B&B Hotel Roma which is on the outskirts of town but on a tram track direct to town. Had a twin room that was very comfortable with good air conditioning, just remember the air con only works if the window is shut. Bathroom and shower again ideal. You could walk to the centre in 30 mins. Buffet is continental breakfast style an extra payment of 8 euro (?), wasn't bad and saved going out looking for breakfast. Would stay again and would recommend to others. reception staff all spoke English and all very helpful.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Last week was my 6th time in Rome and first time in B&B Hotel Roma Trastevere and I was not at all satisfied by it.

First, I did not received the room I booked for, the one showed in my reserve in Internet.

Second, the beds only had bed sheets they did not even have quilt or any cover, as it is shown in the pictures in Internet. This was not comfortable at all.

Third, I do not think there is a fare relation quality-price. I think it is possible to find better hotels for the same price in Trastevere itself.

Conclusion, I felt tricked and cheated with what I paid and with what I received. To be honest I will never recommend this B&B Hotel Roma Trastevere.

Room Tip: To chose another hotel. Escojer otro hotel.