“Meets your basic needs”

Ranked #759 of 1,088 Specialty Lodging in Rome
Georgia
“Meets your basic needs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Alright, this Hostel met all you basic needs. Very friendly staff but only there early morning and evening. But help you feel welcomed and comfortable. Location couldn't get any better for the price!!!!!! Hostel was fairly clean, but the shower situation was not the best. No towels for rent or anything and everyone showers in separate showers but in the same room. You have to bring your own locks for the lockers and the four bed room doesn't have and outlets which is a down fall. Also the wifi is slow but they have it so you can't complain!!!! Over all it was good enough.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Me and my friend stayed there for 2 days, and the hostel provided everything we were looking for. Location was really easy to find and it was pretty central. Rooms were clean and tidy and staff was really friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013
Wroclaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

It was a great staying. We were together with my boyfriend in shared room with 2 (later 3) other people. We enjoyed it very much. The employee was a foreigner but knew all attractions in Rome, The best about this place is a location next to Vatican - just 3-5 minutes walk (depends on the speed) and also not far from other highlights. It was a pretty clean hostel - sometimes bathroom was dirty but then they cleaned it. I recommend for backpackers and people focused on sightseeing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Genuinely the most disgusting hostel I've ever stayed at. Completely over priced for what they offer. Bathrooms rooms were filthy with grime and hair every where. No one should ever stay here no matter how desperate you get.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SLIM_H2013, Owner at Pensione Ottaviano, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Well,

I have rwote to Trip advisor that they have to remove this review because this guest never stayed in our hostel. She got a reservation for 3 nights for 2 persons by hostelworld but for the 2nd and 3th nights the system reserved for her only 1 bed because we had only that bed free for the date requested. So 10 days before her arrival she figured out that she ve made a mistake, so she cancelled her reservation.

This is the reply from Tripadvisor...
We have completed our preliminary investigation into your concern and have found that the review in question complies with our submission guidelines, and will remain published on TripAdvisor.

So I really think for any request we ask for that have an automatic reply .

SO PLEASE DON'T CONSIDER THIS REVIEW.

Thanks

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Okay, maybe you won't see his hat, but you see the dome of St Peter's and you are kitty-corner from the Vatican walls. The location can't be beat, less than 5 minutes to the Vatican museum and St. Peter's; 10 minute walk to the Tiber River and in the other direction, the metro station is a 5 minute walk which can whisk you to the other sights (more fun to walk in my opinion) or the train station. Everything you could need is steps from the hostel, located on a busy shopping street.
The hostel building itself had charm and you get this sense as soon as you walk in. The lobby of the building is nicely set with an old style elevator. The hostel, located on the second floor, is not very large, so it's a great place to meet other travelers. All in all, it was fairly clean and I did not see some of the dirt that previous posters had complained about. Be careful with the bathroom locks, they're sometimes a little temperamental and I had an slightly embarrassing moment in my underwear (more so for the lady who opened the door on me). The showers are also a little strange. Three individual showers in one small room and you need to change in a common area. Make sure that you are not standing around in all your glory before you jump in to wash, lest someone open the door and share in this glory. The beds were okay. I stayed in two different rooms (due to booking peculiarities); my first bunk was decent, while the second I felt like I was going to sink down into the middle of the mattress. I did find the price of the hostel rather expensive, however I must point out that I did book my bed at the very last minute and most other available places were significantly more expensive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Branxton, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

As someone who has stayed in plenty of hostels I am used to what they are and should be. This hostel was convenient in location (a stones throw from the Vatican) and the sheets were very clean, but that was where the good points ended. The rooms are dirty (don't walk around in your bare feet!) and the bathrooms are absolutely atrocious. I don't have high expectations of bathrooms, but to have slime on the walls and putrid hair and slop gathering around the door and plug and floor and walls is pretty scary. The staff live here but don't spend the time cleaning. Old mop buckets with filthy water in them left stinking in the hall, no cooking facilities and guests leave their food on an old table in the foyer, shower room (with three cubicles in the room) is not lockable so while you are getting undressed for your shower you just hope no one walks in... I have stayed at many hostels for equal or less money with WAYYY better standards. We stayed for a night, but any longer than that would be too much.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank James P
Glasgow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

My wife and I were on a budget tour around Europe and came across good reviews of this place. We've stayed in many hostels before and have no problems with "roughing it" but at the very least we expect a hostel to be clean.

We arrived and were shown to our "private room" and it looked like a dilapidated prison cell. The floors were dirty and still had rubbish on them, there were blood stains on the walls, the en suite bathroom wall had a hole in it and to make matters worse, the bathroom smelled of sewerage.

The were no locks on the door so at any time, someone could have wandered into the room if they fancied. There were two (locked) patio doors that lead onto a small balcony which was cluttered with old paint cans and other assorted rubbish. If there was a fire it would have been a nightmare to get out of the place. There was also a table that was falling to pieces.

Luckily, after complaining, we got our money back and only stayed the one night, although it was hilarious that, on hearing my complaint about the room, initially the guy offered to come in the next day and "give it a sweep."

Appalling isn't a strong enough word to describe this place. Stay away.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple