We had a very narrow / defined wish list for our stay in Rome, in the heat of July for our family of 2 adults / 2 children. We wanted 2 bedrooms (with separate beds for the kids in the 2nd bedroom), a full kitchen, located in or near the main central part of Rome and above all, we wanted a swimming pool so the kids could cool off after sightseeing / walking in the heat. I could be wrong, but I think Aldrovandi Residence City Suites is the ONLY hotel that met these objectives & we could not have been happier with our choice.
Some things are a little odd - such as needing a new / different password every day, for each separate device, for the free wifi - and it might be getting a little old - but for the important things, the hotel is perfect for families
1. Our Maxi Senor Suite was huge - 2 separate bedrooms, courtyard, large lounge / dining room & kitchen (although the 2nd bedroom was a little tight - basically just 2 single beds, nothing else)
2. Kitchen was adequate to allow us to at least have one meal in - it was not needed for breakfast as a fantastic breakfast buffet was included in our room rate.
3. The hotel is on Villa Borghese, just out of the central part of Rome. It was a leisurely 15 minute walk through the park to the Metro at Piazza del Popolo and also never more than 10 Euro cab fare when returning from sightseeing or a restaurant. The front desk staff also pointed us in the direction of an excellent supermarket (10 min walk), which was also near some nice restaurants. We tried the Brazilian one next to the cinema (cannot remember the name) - it was very good.
4. But most of all - the pool is sensational. Rome can be very hot and also very tiring. The pool was a god send with the kids and well worth the few extra Euro's staying here. We had two very long days - one on foot around Rome & one by bus to Assisi - and so we said the next day was for our 9 year old to chose what we did. We never left the hotel / pool!! It was a great day re-charging the batteries, about half way through our Italian adventure.
If you are a family, visiting Rome in summer, this is a perfect base to explore the city but also to relax & unwind when not dealing with the hussle & bussle of the city.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Aldrovandi Residence City Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldrovandi Residence Rome