“Amazing Hotel, Location, and Delightful Staff”

Hotel Fontanella Borghese
Ranked #338 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was our first trip to Italy, and of the five hotels we stayed at, north to south, this was by far the best. The staff and owner were amazing! They were friendly, patient and most helpful in answering our many questions and meeting all our various needs. The hotel is beautiful, located on the 2nd floor (3rd floor by US standards) and is accessable via a staircase or by way of a small elevator). Centrally located in the historic area, we walked to everything without a problem, and had the comfort of feeling safe morning to night. There is too much to say about the hotel and each person, from the owner to the night staff, that I could go on and on. In short, it was worth every penny of my money (I guess I mean every Euro) and is a place I would absolutely stay at again when I return to Rome - there is no need to look elsewhere. I did a lot of research in picking my hotels, and everything I read supporting this hotel was spot on.

Room Tip: I only saw two of the rooms at the hotel, and they were both nice. I overheard others at the counte...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We spent 5 nights in late September at this wonderful albergo. The staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable (especially Khaled and Andrea). The restaurants they recommended were some of our favorites. We spent 2 weeks all over Italy. The hotel is centrally located and easily walkable to all the attractions. The buffet breakfast was scrumptious.
We would definitely stay here again on our return to Rome!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

At the Hotel Fontanella Borghese we had a delightful short stay. It was in a charming old building, great location. Some "foodie" restaurants like Palatium - Enoteca Regionale del Lazio nearby, excellent shopping, and easy base to go sight seeing.

The owner and staff were charming, friendly and the most accommodating helpful staff I ever encountered.

We transferred to this hotel from the owners other hotel and had a wonderful stay here.
Clean, quiet, comfortable beds, nice size rooms for two adults and two suitcases..

Room Tip: Nice small hotel. Near good restaurants, shopping and easy sight seeing base location.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We truly enjoyed this boutique hotel, especially the location! The staff at Hotel Fontanella Borghese was very accomodating, even sending a driver to the airport to meet us. Very centrally located to the Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Vatican City and the Colleseo. The triple room was a good size with a spacious bathroom, complete with all the amenities. Breakfast was fairly standard and served in a delightful side room of the hotel. October is the perfect time to visit Rome to avoid the crowds! I highly recommend Hotel Fontanella Borghese as a quiet retreat in centro Roma.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
TOMMYMIO, Direttore at Hotel Fontanella Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Sis,

We really wish to thank yo so much for the very nice message you wrote about our hotel and our staff.
We hope to meet you agian in teh near future and till then we send your warmest regards.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

HFB is a nice boutique hotel with very friendly and helpful staff (they speak English, as well). My room, was a bit small, was clean enough, but not terribly comfortable. However, with warm sunny weather, I spent very little time in my room. The hotel is just a 3 minute walk to the Via Corso, 10 minutes to the Piazza Popollo, 8 minutes to the Spanish steps and 8 minutes to the Pantheon. Plenty of restaurant choices in the area, one of my favorite areas to stay in Rome.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Spent 3 wonderful nights @ the Fontanella Borghese, and Frommer's was right: the friendliest, most helpful staff I have ever met.
Great location, clean rooms, more than adequate breakfast; definitely value for your money. Very useful tips from Claudia and Andrea for restaurants, reservations, travel. They made our stay in Rome special, and the hotel will always have a special place in our memories.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sameer M
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband, my son, and I spent four days in Rome last week and were so glad to have found this hotel on Trip Advisor! The Fontanella Borghese is truly a gem because of its location, price, and the charm of the property and the people who work there! The desk staff were very friendly and were fluent in English-a helpful plus. They suggested terrific restaurants, reserved taxis for us, and helped us book train tickets. When we return to Rome, we won't look for different accommodation!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family