All reviewsquiet streetspanish stepstrevi fountaina small family run hotelspagna metro stationthe hotel staffbalcony overlookingcontinental breakfastboutique hotelyogurtwalking distance to everythingvilla borghesehelpful with directionswonderful hotelclean hotelloved this hotelour honeymoon
Reviewed July 26, 2005

The Hotel Gregoriana was sugested to us by a cousin of ours who lives in Milano and when he and his wife go to Rome have always loved to stay at The Gregoriana.-
This year the hotel had a complete face lift and the 12 room hotel, perfectly situated on top of the Spanish Steps in Rome turned into a beautiful art deco style bed and breakfast.- The rooms are not huge, but VERY confortable; so are the bathrooms.- The staff is very acomodating,helpful and polite.- Everything is spotless.- Breakfast is served in your room, you let the desk manager know when you come back the night before the time you would like your breakfast served and WHAT you would like to have.- Are we staying at The Gregoriana again? YES WE ARE!!!!!

Stayed: July 2005
19  Thank Cosmopolitan23361
Reviewed June 16, 2005

We recently spent five days at the Gregoriana. When we checked in, we learned (or were told) that the hotel had recently been closed for one and one-half years for a massive remodel/update. I guess that explains why the price we paid was so much higher than that paid by the people who referred us to the Gregoriana (who had not been there for three or four years) ... The rooms were immaculate, though smaller than we're used to in the USA (except perhaps in New York City) ... the bathroom was fine. The bed was very comfortable and the shutters were so effective that I slept for ten hours my first night (which I hadn't done since I was about 20 years old or ill). The location is great ... two minute walk to the top of the Spanish Steps and just a few minutes longer to the Trevi Fountain and lots of other interesting places. The included breakfast - brought to each guest's room by staff - was a little weak, but nothing terrible. I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2005
30  Thank Flankster
Reviewed November 10, 2003

Location- great; at top of Spanish Steps near the Hassler. Very clean room and bath, and breakfast (average, but large) is brought to your door. Daytime guy, Aldo, is great, and will help with anything you need. Nighttime guy often not at desk. Try NOT to get a room facing the street when you reserve. Security is OK due to good location, but the Spanish Steps on Saturday night are EXTREMELY NOISY. I could not sleep that night. Try to get room facing elsewhere. Otherwise, it's fine for the money and location. Other reviewer is correct that lobby looks a little down at the heels, but the rest of the decor is fine.

24  Thank BWeissman
Reviewed November 3, 2003

Great Location! Great Staff! Rooms are okay but the plumbing was noisy.
No internet access. Cash or checks only. Reseration had to be by fax.

9  Thank Connector3672
Reviewed October 29, 2003

This place is a great value compared to the other hotels in the neighborhood. The clean and attractive room had a small private balcony and a decent-sized bathroom. Unfortunately there was no rooftop breakfast area, which seems to be the norm among the competition. When I was there in May 2003 I paid with a credit card. They offered a convenient and reasonably priced car service to the airport, and let me charge that as well.

13  Thank Venture4555