“Friendly, Ideal Location, Helpful, Comfortable”
Review of Hotel Gregoriana

Hotel Gregoriana
Ranked #402 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Broomfield, Colorado
“Friendly, Ideal Location, Helpful, Comfortable”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Everyone in this small hotel greeted us with a warm smile and a genuine 'Buon Giorno'. This is a small hotel located only a block from the top of the Spanish Steps and Trinita die Monti church. While the room was small and the shower tiny, the room was spotless, the beds firm but comfortable, air conditioned, and the hotel is well maintained. There is a breakfast room in the basement that serves a pot of Italian coffee along a pot of steamed milk every morning with a basket of bakery goods, and fresh squeezed orange juice. The staff is so friendly and makes you feel at home! The area is quite, so ideal for a good nights sleep. You'll need it as Rome is amazing and there is so much to see and do and you will be worn out after a long day and evening in Rome. The Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon are about a 30 minute walk away. The Vatican and the Coliseum are both a 10 minute cab ride, or just about an hour walk away. But walk, don't ride as the streets are alive, and there is a fountain, statue, or the picturesque italian street lined with sidewalk cafes around almost every corner!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John N
Vassili B, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Gregoriana, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

we would like to thank you for your review and we do really hope to have the chance to welcoming you in Rome again in the near future.

In the meantime, please receive our kindest regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is a great hotel with lovely rooms, very clean, air conditioned and modern bathrooms. The hotel staff were all very welcoming and extremely helpful. They provided alternative breakfast options suitable for a gluten free diet, asking about my preferences in terms of likes and then buying items especially. The hotel is on a quiet street about 5min walk to Spanish steps where there is a range of restaurants, shops and bars and 5mins from metro station.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy2919
Vassili B, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Gregoriana, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

we thank you very much for having taken the time to share this so kind review.

We are really pleased to read that you have appreciated our hotel and staff and, regarding the gluten free breakfast, it has been a pleasure for us to look for food that you could enjoy.

Looking forward to have the chance to welcoming in Rome again in the future, in the meantime, please receive our kindest regards.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Me and my wife stayed in this hotel when for the second time in Rome and we knew how important would the excellent location of the hotel be at this time. Rooms and bathroom larger then what you can expect in usual European city center hotel, exceptional cleanliness and amazing service when compared to any other european destination or city we visited so far, make me rank this hotel as excellent.
Elevator for older travelers that had joined us on this trip was also very important feature and bonus in our case.
Let's be clear that noisy street, or small breakfast room is not something you can avoid at this price and location but if those are not within your top 5 priorities that it should not impact overall satisfaction and other exceptional values of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vojislav S
Vassili B, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Gregoriana, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

we would really like to thank you very much for having chosen our hotel and for this kind review.
It is a great pleasure for us to read that you have appreciated our hotel and enjoyed your stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you in Rome again in the future, in the meantime, please receive our kindest regards
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 22, 2014

A very nice small hotel on the Monte at the very top of the Spanish Steps. From this location it is just a good walk to all the favorite tourist sites in Rome. The rooms are large by Europe standards, private bath with all the nicest European fixtures. The bed was a King, something I have never found in all my European hotels. At 120Euros on Expedia, what a bargin!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lorance G
Vassili B, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Gregoriana, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

we would like to thank you very much for your kind review.

It is a great pleasure for us to read that you have appreciated our hotel and we really look forward to welcoming in Rome again in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I and our three children only decided to travel to Europe five weeks before our departure date so booking accommodation was a challenge. I was referred to Hotel Grigoriana by another local hotel that was booked out. From my first contact by email with Aldo, he was welcoming, attentive, responsive and caring. He was able to offer us a rooftop apartment with a terrace with views, it was fantastic and we loved every minute. We were so well looked after not only by Aldo but all the staff. We also had to delay our arrival by a night due to our daughter's luggage being lost in transit and we were disappointed not to be in Rome as scheduled. Aldo and his staff were so understanding and welcomed us like family when we finally arrived. We most definitely would return to this Hotel on another trip to Rome, we can't wait to return to such wonderful Italian hospitality.

Room Tip: We had the roof top apartment with a terrace. It was wonderful for our family of five.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Catherine R
Vassili B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Gregoriana, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guests,

we would like to thank you very much for this kind review, we really appreciate it.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and we do really look forward
to welcoming your wonderful family again in Rome in the future.

In the meantime, please receive our best wishes for Christmas and the coming New Year!
USA
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a small hotel that has about 20 rooms. It is by Spagna and Barberini station which is convenient. It's pretty quiet. However, one day I was woken up by an alarm inside the hotel (my first day - i had bad jet lag and needed to sleep...lucky me) and the next time, there was music in the courtyard being played by another building. My "king" bed was two twins pushed together but I actually couldn't tell it was 2 beds for the first two days because they are soft beds and don't have rigid edges. At the St Regis in Florence (where I stayed after this) they did the same thing but it was horrible because of the edges being so rigid. About the bedding...I was cold one day and went to use the extra blanket but it had a very gross stain on it. So I went to use the other one. It was worse. I will upload pics.

The guys at the front desk were helpful (except one but I don't know his name. I asked if he heard of a restaurant and he just said "no" and went back to surfing the Internet. God forbid he could google it for me so I could find it.) You have to leave your key with them which is a little annoying when nobody is at the desk and you have to wait outside because they lock the doors at night (happened twice in 4 days. I waited up to 10 minutes knocking repeatedly). My friend stayed at hotel Cecil which was around the corner, quiet, and half the price. His room was also half the size though. Then again, I didn't need so much space really. The showers are good in terms of water pressure & being height adjustable (and handheld) but they are very small. There's no place to put anything which starts to get annoying. Leaving things outside ends up flooding the floor every time you open the door. I had to keep turning the water off to get my soap and stuff. I couldn't wait to take a normal shower in my next hotel.

They have air conditioning but you do not control the speed or temperature. You can only turn it off and on. And "on" is like extra low speed...and about 70 degree air in one corner.

I gave it 2.5-3 stars because it was average and I would consider my experience here to be average. I would have rather paid much less and not had all of the extra space but supposedly this was the "quietest room" - which I am now skeptical about. I think they just needed to sell this room. Who knows.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Inverary09
Vassili B, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Gregoriana, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

we are sorry to read that you had an 'average' stay at the Gregoriana.

First, we have to say that we did not need to sell that room. Since you were looking for a quite room and all the ones on the back were booked, we thought taht keeping the Junior Suite for you (at the same price of the standard double) would have been appreciated.

Regarding the air conditioning and the shower, I am sorry, we have never received any complaint from our guest. I have to say the same for the keys, which open the door of the room, of course not the main one of the hotel. By the way, there is no need to knock, there is a bell. Anyway we will talk to the man on duty to be sure that this kind of inconveniences never happen again.

In the end, we are really sorry for the extra blanket, yoh should have called the reception so that we could have changed them immediately.

We thank you for having taken so much time for your review and truly hope to offer you a 'more than average' stay at our hotel in the future.

Tel Aviv
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Amazing location, right on the spanish steps.
hotel breakfast consists of some croissants bread and coffe. enough for us as most of the eating in Rome is done outside anyway.
Staff is very nice and helpful.
Rooms are cozy, small like most European hotel rooms and very well maintained, the hotel has been renovated not long ago. only problem is that the shower is small - thats the only thing that was a bummer for us.
not far from the hotel and on the same street there is also a very nice Jazz Club with live performance called Gregory. reccomended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lior B
HotelGregoriana, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Gregoriana, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

we would like to thank you for your kind review.

We are glad to read that you have appreciated the hotel and the location.
Regarding the shower, we are sorry that you found it small. Anyway not all the rooms and bathrooms are the same and if you are going to visit us again in the future, please do not hesitate to ask for a room with a larger one or with a bathtube.