“Ludmila Litvin, USA, October 2013--a very pleasant stay”
Review of Hotel Madrid

Hotel Madrid
Ranked #109 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Wallington, New Jersey
“Ludmila Litvin, USA, October 2013--a very pleasant stay”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Excellent location. The room was clean, good size and cozy. The receptionists (special thanks to Antonio and Luciano) were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast ladies were wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who travels to Rome. Buon Natale e felice anno nuovo, cari amici di Hotel Madrid.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ludmila L
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Ludmila,

thanks a lot for choosing Hotel Madrid Roma to spend your time in the Rome.
It was great not to disappoint your expectations, we were really pleased to have contributed to make your stay so beautiful.
I am happy you enjoyed our services, the room, and your buffet breakfast served in our panoramic Roof-garden.
Many thanks also for the wonderful words spent for our staff ( Luciano, Antonio and Mrs Mirella ! )
Sure , the most important thing for us is to know that our guests have enjoyed and can not wait to come back and stay again with us.
For always better offers and prices please, reserve Always directly from our official web page hotelmadridroma !

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in December. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was nice and had a great view on the roof. The room was older, but clean. The location is the best part of hotel. It is minutes away from the Spanish Steps.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

thanks a lot for choosing Hotel Madrid to spend your time in the eternal city.
I am happy you enjoyed our services, the room, the cleaning and your buffet breakfast with view !
Many thanks also for the wonderful words spent for all our staff.
the most important thing for us is to know that our guests have enjoyed and can not wait to come back and visit us.
For always better prices and informations please, follow us on facebook and twitter !

My Best regards and Merry Christmas!
iklin
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Excellently situated a couple of minutes away from the Spanish Steps and Rome`s prime shopping location, this small and cosy hotel is truly a gem. The receptionists are all very friendly and all out to help. This extends to all staff, including the breakfast waitresses who are all smiles and really gave us the perfect start to the day. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfat amply good. Really nothing at all to complain about. It`s our second time at this hotel and we intend to keep on returning. Well done Hotel Madrid team!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ray b
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Ray,

We thank you for your lovely review about our Hotel .

We appreciate your positive comments about the Hotel in general and in specific the cleanliness and the good size of the room, helpful and friendly staff ,our buffet breakfast in the panoramic Roof -garden area and the location in the heart of the historical centre.
For always better price follow us on facebook and in our official web page !
We look forward to your return visit in your new " home " in Rome.

My Best Regards
Dublin
Reviewed November 20, 2013

2 night stay 13-15 november 2013.
Staff very pleasant and helpful with always a smile to greet us.
Room clean and cheerful and bathroom facilities good.
Breakfast fit the bill perfectly with plenty of variation and supply of eating options.
Loved the view from the roof-top breakfast room.
Hotel location was brilliant for access to sights and the general surrounding area had a nice ambience and felt very safe, to walk around later in the evening.
Proximity to the Metro was of huge ebnefit to us , as there was lots to see and we only had 1 and a 1/2 days , on this occasion.
I will be going back to Rome and I will stay in this hotel when I return, as it was a good price for what we got.

Room Tip: Check that the street windows are fully closed before you get to sleep.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Paul,
thanks for having appreciated the services and efficiency of the staff of our hotel.
We always try to give the best to make pleasant the stay of all our guests.
For the next few times, please check room prices directly on our official website because often you can find better prices and offers and follow us also on facebook !
Hope to see you again at the Hotel Madrid Roma.
Best Regards
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Good value hotel. Im rating it average because there were a few set backs:
a) I requested transportation to and from the airport, and the driver didnt show up to pick me up. This wasnt a major concern, as I got an equally good driver for the same price I was going to pay and the guy was really nice. I did however solve this with the manager and was taken by their driver to the airport.
b) I got in early and my room wasnt available yet so I had to wait a LOT. Then again, it didnt really have to be ready until check-in, so I could see how it wasnt their fault. They were nice about it and brought me tea to wait. Also, I didnt want to leave my luggage (I find that unsafe, but maybe someone else would have and then left to find somewhere to eat)

So besides that, when I finally got to my room it was wonderful!! Nice space, very clean. Nice bathroom, also clean. They had me at hello. Very nice staff. I slept and then went downstairs to wonder off.. the guy at the reception gave me a map and pointed out everything from ATM to nice places to eat. WONDERFUL!!

Then at night was given directions to where to eat and got a lovely surprise of an outdoors concert of classical music at the Spanish Steps. I could die happy. Very close to everything and easy to find. Not much noise from the street (I slept with my window open and my room was looking towards the street).

Recommended!! Would try it again.

Room Tip: Talk to the receptionist, they will give you the best information of town.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I'm sorry You've been waiting to have the room but you arrived very early and the hotel was fully booked but your check in was still done by 12:30am and not later.
As I said already in the hotel your driver was waiting you regularly at the airport but unfortunately you did not see him and took another car.
I'm very happy you liked your room and that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff.
I hope to have you soon again as our guest
For better prices and offers follow us on facebook and in our official web page
My best regards
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We found Hotel Madrid to be a very good value for the price and in an excellent location near many sights. Clean ample room with armoire and desk, spacious modern bathroom by European standards, and average bed. We had a room on the 4th floor overlooking the street and left the windows open at night - which was comfortable, but very loud from the street noise below. The next 2 nights we kept the windows closed and turned on the A/C- very comfortable and solved the noise issue.The breakfast was very good, one of the few places we stayed that offered scrambled eggs and bacon along with most European breakfast fare; and the roof garden breakfast room was very comfortable and quaint, and had a great view of St. Peter's dome in the distance. We were able to connect to the WiFi every time we returned to the room. Antonio and staff were all very professional, friendly and helpful with directions and recommendations. We would definitely stay here again when returning to Rome!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderfull review regarding your recent stay at Hotel Madrid Roma.

I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with the Hotel service and that we were able to meet your needs.

I especially appreciate your very kind comment on our valuable team member, Mr.Antonio.

It is give me a great pleasure to be able to pass along your positive comments and the importance of your satisfaction.

On behalf of everyone at Hotel Madrid, thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

For better prices and special offers follow us on facebook and on our official web page!

With regards,
Knebworth Herts
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here for three nights as part of a touring holiday. The rooms are certainly adequate - ours was a tad gloomy but very comfortable - and our bathroom was very nice with a good shower - although the shower cubicle was a bit small. The Hotel is in a narrow street with a few restaurants and bars nearby. The hotel has a very small and fairly limited bar. There is a lift. Breakfast is taken on the roof terrace with lovely views of the surrounding areas and the roof gardens of nearby buildings. Reception staff are very pleasant and will book restaurants and taxis when required. Wifi worked easily and the aircon was good. All in all, a good choice

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about your experience, it was a pleasure to have you with us and I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay.

I am delighted you particularly enjoyed our location. I couldn’t agree with you more, it is a wonderful area and arguably one of the very best places to stay in Rome just a few steps from the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps.

Around our hotel there are a lot of good restaurants and bars , suitable for every kind of taste, our receptionists know the best place to eat for an unforgettable experience to discover the Italian and Roman tradition.
For more informations about events and special prices follow us always on our official web page.

I hope you will return to us very soon and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Madrid Roma.

Best regards