“Good 3 stars hotel in Rome city center”
Review of Hotel Madrid

Hotel Madrid
Ranked #117 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We've been here for one night. The hotel's position is amazing, just 2 minutes walking to "piazza di Spagna" and 30 seconds to "Via Condotti". The hotel has clean and comfortable rooms, and breakfast is served at the 5th floor of the hotel in a beautiful terrace. Staff is good and helping. A big problem is that if you get a room in Dè Fiori street you'll not be able to sleep because of the noise. Above average hotel, with the big plus of a great position.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeDFlorence
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your beautiful review
We are very happy that your first experience in our hotel was a memorable one and that you had a nice stay with us!
I'm really proud of your nice comments regarding our staff that is the most beautiful compliment that a Manager can receive.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!!!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We liked this hotel mostly because of its location (a few meters from the Spain Stairs and Corso street) and tasty breakfast with eggs, bacon, yohurts, tasty bans and rolls, stewed fruit, coffee and tea and juice... and all that takes place on the roof with a view of Rome with its St Peter's Cathedral and small gardens on the other roofs. The staff looks serious and hospitable. I disliked the bathroom, especially the shower - small and not comfortable. But the bed was nice, the TV set could have been better. And there were no cups, wine-glasses and tea-kettle. And it wasn't cheap unfortunately. But still I can recommend it as we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fromacastle
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
We are very happy that you appreciated our property , the buffet breakfast with view and,
our location.
For its Satellite TV, we are pleased to inform you that the next month will also be available a Russian Channel!!!
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hotel is in a great location; the room was cleaned every day and clean towels daily. Great if you are traveling with kids, we had the junior suite room 206(up to 5 very comfortable) and my other family was in room 106 ( 4 comfortable). We were there from 12/15 through Christmas, the rooms had heaters and the we turned on. breakfast was included with reservation, Mirella greeted us with a smile and a fabulous cappuccino every morning. Staff was amazing! Emailed Davide before leaving home and was able to make arrangements for car service; Luciano, Fulvio and all the staff were professional and very Friendly. Whatever we needed they provided us with a recommendation or solution. We will be back and absolutely recommend this hotel in Rome. We want to thank the staff for making our vacation stay with you pleasant. Thank you!

Room Tip: Book ahead of time as they are small hotel not too many rooms. Owner is on site daily.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Linda V
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Mrs Linda,

Thank you very much for your beautiful review.
We appreciated a lot your nice comments and I will be happy to extend your compliments to all our Staff.
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!!!

Fulvio G.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Madrid. The staff was wonderful, very accomodating and friendly. The location is perfect! I do think the rooms could be updated. Our room was quite small for the price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tastingsandtours
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in the eternal city !
With our incredible location, the clean rooms and friendly staff , we will hope to make you come back to us soon as possible !
It was a pleasure to have you here !
Many Regards

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

The best location in rome
2 min from spanish steps
The hotel very quiet and the stuff so great
We need the check out in 11:30
And the hotel let us stay in room no extra money
We love the hotel
We will come back next year with a baby
...... ...... ......

FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Mr Tomer,

Thank you very much for your beautiful review,
We are more than happy that you enjoyed your stay and I really hope to have the opportunity to meet you personally next time you are here with us!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Very clean, Friendly and helpful staff. My wallet had been stolen at the main train station and the hotel staff was extremely helpful making phone calls and relaying information.
We walked everywhere.
We did have some trouble finding this hotel so I would definitely take a cab.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Just spent four days as a guest at the Hotel Madrid just a short walk from the Spanish Steps. My room was excellent, very comfortable with a spacious bathroom. The staff was very friendly and always very helpful. Great roof-top breakfast room with excellent breakfast selections. I would highly recommend the Hotel Madrid to anyone visiting Rome. This was my first visit to Italy and the experience was definitely enhanced by my choice of hotels. Great location with the Spagna Metro station close by and many major attractions within walking distance. I am very happy with my choice of this hotel for my stay in Rome.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Mr Scott,

Thank you very much for your nice review and for your loyalty.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the accommodation assigned.
Your beautiful comment regarding our staff is the best compliment for a Manager,
I will be pleased to relay it to the entire team!

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon in your "new home in Rome" !