“Perfect Place to stay in Rome!”
Review of Hotel Parlamento

Hotel Parlamento
Ranked #312 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my two children - Lovely clean rooms... perfect for a city break in Rome! Absolutely brilliant location - 5 minutes from the Trevi and Spanish Steps.
The service was also amazing, super friendly towards the children and very accommodating!
The continental breakfast was very good - I don't have anything bad to say about my stay at Hotel Parlamento.

I am used to staying at the big five star chain hotels around the world but would strongly recommend staying in this hotel when in Rome to get the REAL 'Rome" experience'.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Laurie G

Reviewed October 28, 2013

is everything and this small hotel has that...minutes from the major sites, lots of restaurants and shopping. The staff are friendly and helpful with a nice continental breakfast every morning. The roof top terrace was great at the end of the day to sit back and have a glass of wine...or two.

The rooms are clean, but small and thats fine but the lack of air conditioning when we where there in Oct was a killer. It was not available to us and the room was much too warm with the window closed and way too noisy with it open. This hotel needs AC available all year long...with it I wouldn't hesitate to go back...without it no

2  Thank koiman77
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed 3 nights. The best aspect was being able to check in early as our flight arrived at 7 am, so we didn't have to hang about waiting for the room to be made up.
The accommodation was spotless, quiet and really central. We were able to walk to all the sights or access the metro easily.
The staff were extremely helpful in recommending restaurants and in providing information to make our stay an extremely enjoyable one.
Breakfast was more than adequate.
We will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vicki W
Reviewed October 20, 2013

So first off let me say that this place is not a stand alone hotel. For those who are used to European travel this should come as no surprise at all. For those of us that are first timers to Europe this will be surprising. I had no idea that this hotel was just one of a few in the building, but now I know and so you do.
Second thing, this place is in a very perfect location to everything! Stores, attractions, public transportation, live free music, necessities...everything. That's really all I cared about when I was looking for accommodations anyway, I mean who goes to Rome to spend their days and nights in a hotel room...unless you are planning on being there for weeks or months. Otherwise save your money and stay here.
(Now before my next statement, let me say that I think the room I got was one of their "last minute" reservation rooms. It was literally right next to the front desk. Most likely, had I made reservations way ahead of time, I would have gotten a better room.)
I was able to get a room last minute at a super reasonable price, 119 euros! But of course some things will be extra, like a/c..I'm American, very American...I need my a/c especially in June! 12 euros per day per person. Breakfast is included each day so that was nice, save a buck or two. Simple; fruit cereal, coffee, tea. The hotel manager Andrea, was very nice and accommodating. The room was ok, a little drab but nothing to cry over.
Third thing, the rooftop was really awesome, not glamorous, but a really nice view and quaint decor. A little warning about the elevator, it's extremely tiny, like only one person tiny and maybe one piece of luggage. My guest and I had to take turns and wait for each other going and coming. But it's a quick ride and it's Rome, so who cares. I only bring it up because it was a little surprising...remember I'm American!
Please make sure that if you need to use your American electrical stuff; hair curlers, charge your phone, computer, etc. bring your own converter. The converters they had did not work with any of my stuff. Good thing this was the last leg of a trip after a 7 day cruise and I wasn't doing anything fancy. I would have been a bit peeved about not being able to do my hair. so I just wore it wild, curly and free.
The bed that we slept in was not very comfortable at all, as a matter of fact my back hurt after. This place is not fancy at all, just very convenient. So don't go expecting the Waldorf or anything.
I would definitely stay here again if I want to save money, but I would make reservations way ahead of time to get a better room.

Room Tip: Make your reservations early to possibly get a good room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights. We loved being able to walk to most of the sights. The hotel is really hidden behind a huge door and then inside a courtyard and then up a half flight of stairs and then you take a very small elevator up to the 4th floor. The room and bath was tiny but adequate. At breakfast they had, among other things, croissants with Nutella which was delicious. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We decided to pay a little more to stay in the center of the city and did not regret the choice. We were able to walk to many sites, and the metro was close to take to others. Although the room and bathroom are quite small (but this seems to be the norm in Rome and most large European cities), it was extremely clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The one complaint I had was the bed and pillows were a little hard for my preference. We had a room facing the courtyard and it was quiet, even with the windows open. It was nice to start the day with breakfast, although no hot items, we loved having cappuccinos and espressos made to order!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This little hotel was recommended to us for stay in Rome. Location was great, right in the center of the city. Walking distance to pretty much every destination except Vatican (30 minutes walk or 3 subway stops). The hotel itself is small, the rooms are small as well, but sufficient for the purpose. The room we stayed in had a king size bed, a wardrobe, couple of night tables and nothing really else. The bathroom was small, really small. The shower is about 3'x3', size enough to wash yourself, but nor enough to really enjoy the shower. But there are other things to enjoy in Rome!
The breakfast is very nice, service is great! Rooms are cleaned very well everyday.
We really enjoyed the stay!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple