“Excellent location and everything else is average”
Review of Hotel Parlamento

Hotel Parlamento
Ranked #202 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Cairo, Egypt
“Excellent location and everything else is average”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We spent 6 nights in this central hotel in August 2012.
Here's briefly the likes and the dislikes in our point of view:
Likes:
-Central location where almost everything is within a walking distance (spanish steps, fontana di trevi, piazza navona, piazza del popolo, il Vittoriano and much more).
-Friendly staff that will do their best to help.
-Clean and comfortable rooms.
-Price is relatively ok, though still expensive, compared to similar hotels in Rome during that time of the year.
-Autogrill, a market that serves fast food,coffee and more till 11 pm and 11.30 on weekends, is right next to the hotel.
-Bus stops going to allover the city are very close to the hotel.

Dislikes:
-Having to carry the luggage ourselves for one floor at least (or two maximum).
-Not much variety in the breakfast.
-No mini-bar (fridge) which means that you're not going to be able to buy cold stuff because they'll go warm or bad after a short time.
-Having to pay extra for the air condition (12 euros per night!)
-Poor Wi-fi and all tv channels were in italian and most of them was even out of service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ELZOHEIRY
hotelparlamento, Owner at Hotel Parlamento, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
i thank you for your e-mail; i'm surprise that as you made your reservation directly with us you didn't see our web-site were everything is explained. I would like to answer to your complains starting from luggage service. I inform all the guests that there are 7 stairs to climb up from the elevator and only 1 floor up in case rooms are upstairs; as we are 2 stars hotel of course we dont have luggage service but we help all guests in case they require for it. For clear policy i have published the breakfast menu on our web-site so you should know before what the breakfast was; as well as for the breakfast is clearly written on the web site that A/C is extra and is not mentioned anywere that we have a minibar; we do have CNN in english, French and German Channels on TV ;perhaps asking were they were on the remote was helping you to find them.... about the wi-fi can happen that somethimes is slow when everybody are using it all togehter;
anyhow i hope to see you again in my hotel
Plinio Chini owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Hexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We (myself, husband and 8 yr old son) have just returned from Rome and a weeks stay at Hotel Parlamento. As with the others who have reviewed this hotel, we cannot emphasise just how wonderful the staff are.

The hotel is very central (just off Via Del Corso) and Pantheon & Trevi are very close by. Most of the attractions are in walking distance, however in the heat of August I would recommend using the buses (exceptional value). We were also a little hesitant about using public water fountains, but they were a god send.

Anyway, back to the hotel...we accepted to pay for the pick up from the airport, which while slightly expensive, I was pleased we did as I am not sure I would of found the hotel!! The room (we were in 68) was compact, but if you are going to Rome you basically want a clean bed and bathroom, our beds were made everyday and fresh linen/towels provided. The air-con was a great in the August heat. I was expecting some noise at night, but it was remarkably quiet.

Breakfast was more than we could of wanted (I think I read a negative review?) Hot Chocolate was made every morning for our son and our coffee was fabulous! There was cereal, yoghurts, fruit, cheese, a basket of bread & croissants....it set us up perfectly for the day.

But really the main selling point of this hotel and it has many good points! Were the staff. From the moment we arrived, they could not of been more helpful. We had planned to go to the beach for the day and I was given a list of which buses took me to which station, where I could get tickets from, which directions to take...which beach to head for,we had a great day. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone was fantastic.

2 Thank Mari S
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had three nights in Rome at Hotel Parlamento. The staff were very friendly and helpful, as has been noted by others. The room was charming and very clean, and I second the suggestion to go the extra dollar and pay for the air conditioning. It does drive the price per night up a bit, but in the August heat, it was worth it. The most charming aspect was enjoying breakfast on the rooftop terrace in the early morning sun.

1 Thank Valerie P
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at this fantastic hotel for 4 nights in early August 2012. We are a family of 5 (including 3 teenagers) and we were at the end of a fortnight's backpacking in Italy and Sardinia. We chose Hotel Parlamento after considerable research as we couldn't decide whether to camp on the outskirts of Rome or stay in the centre. We made the right decision! For £40 per person per night we had a central location with the main sights within easy walking distance (so no extra transport costs), two comfortable rooms with aircon, tv and ensuite showers, plenty to eat for breakfast, access to the roof terrace and a private terrace, and lovely helpful staff. It was perfect for us!
We had the roof terrace almost to ourselves during our stay which was great, a lovely place to take breakfast or sit and read. Besides a double room we also had a triple room with its own private terrace. We were not troubled at all by street noise.
Every member of staff we spoke to was incredibly helpful and friendly.
Other reviewers have commented that the rooms and bathrooms are compact - it is true they are not huge but they are perfectly adequate for the price and how long do you spend in your room anyway? My only regret is that I didn't ask for extra pillows as they are very thin.
Rome Termini (main train station) is about 2km away so realistically, if you have rucksacks or other luggage, it is a taxi ride.
We will definitely stay at Hotel Parlamento when we visit Rome again, highly recommended!!

Room Tip: A 5th floor room means easy access to the lovely roof terrace
4 Thank Smashing007
London
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have stayed at the Hotel Parlamento every time I have visited Rome and they have never let me down! The location is great, the staff members are friendly and helpful, and the price is right. If staying in the warmer months, I highly recommend paying the extra for the air conditioning, as leaving the windows open at night lets in all the nightly traffic noises, as well as the noises of the roosting pigeons! The hotel is within walking distance of many tourist sites as well as great shopping. Overall, a very good deal!

Room Tip: Request a room not overlooking the piazza.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank frodosuz
Milton, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed in 3 rooms for 3 nights at the Hotel Parlamento.

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. Very central, clean, comfortable and friendly staff. Great price for central Rome also.

We would go back and stay there again without any hesitation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DebbieGClarke
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel is in a prime location for walking to Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and Via Condotti. Access to the hotel is a little tricky. We had 2 carry on bags and 2 checked bags. The hotel is not located right on the street so you have to walk with your bags to the building. The elevator is very small. My husband had to stack the luggage vertical. He was the only one to fit in the elevator with the luggage. I walked the steps but if you are not in good shape you can get a little winded. We were in Room 107 that opened directly onto the roof top terrace. Do not expect much of a view but it is nice to sit outside. The room is small but comfortable. I would suggest better pillows...they were very flat. We used the a/c for 12 euro a day...depending on the time of year of your visit...it is highly recommended. If you are a light sleeper, the opening and closing of guest room doors will awaken you. For English speakers there are only 2 channels available on the television which was great for my husband....Poker and 1 news channel (I can't remember but I think it was CNN)....but you shouldn't be watching that much tv anyway. All in all we were satisfied with the accommodations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple