“Convenient location Good Value”
Review of Hotel Papa Germano

Hotel Papa Germano
Ranked #456 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Our month long vacation in Italy started in May at Papa Germano Hotel in Rome. I carefully selected this hotel after reading many reviews on Trip Advisor.
Pleased with our choice: clean rooms, full breakfasts, free internet, helpful staff (learned that site was a brickyard which furnished bricks for Baths of Diocletion close by). I would definitely stay here again, especially for the convenience of train, busses, and metro.

Room Tip: If night noise keeps you awake, ask for an inside room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Papa Germano

Reviewed July 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed four nights at Hotel Papa Germano last week in Rome. The hotel is located close to Termini, but it doesn't seem to be in the best area of town. Our room was cleaned each morning and was a good size. The showers were very hot or very cold, which was not very pleasant. Also, we had to pay an additional 5 Euro per night for air conditioning. That was frustrating, considering the website says "free A/C". However, the free internet in the lobby was fantastic, and having a sink in our room was really nice. It was a pretty good value for the price, but if I were to go again, I think I'd stay elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed at hotel Papa Germano in May 2012. The room was very clean and bigger than we had expected. We had a safe in our room and also a fridge! There were shutters outside our window that we could latch so we felt quite secure in leaving the window open at night. The breakfast was great...again, better than we had expected. The location was fabulous...close to Termini station (about a 5 minute walk) also close to a grocery store (CONAD, or COMAD...) that we grabbed food from for a nightly 'picnic' in our room which saved us $ on restaurant meals. Would definitely stay here again...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kbsmith23
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at hotel Papa Germano. Our only problem was that internet wasn't available in the rooms but only available in the lobby/reception. Using their computers in the lobby is the best option, but they tended to be all occupied at night (available in the early morning though). I think there were four or five computers (one was out-of-order when we went). We lived without internet for the duration of our stay. The staff don't seem to enforce the internet limit signs posted, so I'm sure you can stay on the computer for as long as you want if people aren't waiting.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights in June 2012 in a single room with a shared bathroom. My room was clean, small, and had free wifi that worked well. I also had an air conditioner in my room but when I asked for a remote for the AC I was told that I would have to pay 5 euro extra per day. I pointed out that the hotel website states that the hotel offers "free A/C," and after some arguing I was given a remote for the AC for free. It's nice to have AC in Rome in June... I found this conversation about the AC off putting. The hotel website doesn't say anything about the 5 euro charge for AC, and indeed says there is free AC...

The shared bathrooms were clean, though of the two showers on my floor one of them had about 6 inches of water that wouldn't drain for one of the days I stayed. Keep in mind that the hotel requests that you don't take showers between midnight and 7am. Also keep in mind that there is no elevator at this hotel. I don't know how many floors there are, but my room was on the second floor and I had to carry my luggage up the stairs in the heat of Rome in June.

The hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk from Termini, and because it is so close to the main metro station I found it easy to get around the city from the hotel. Some people on Trip Advisor have said that the neighborhood isn't great - I think one person said the hotel is in the "ghetto." I didn't feel unsafe in the neighborhood and I definitely wouldn't call the area a ghetto. There are lots of other hotels right next to Papa Germano (there are hotels next door, across the street, a block away...)...

Room Tip: Tell them that you should get free air conditioning since their website says "free A/C."
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Papa Germano hotel is quite nice with resonable prices and is very central. The rooms aren't very big, but are ery clean. It's near to the Termini Station. The personell is very helpfull and speaks english.
if you like exploring the old city the location in perfect:you have the metro station at 2 minutes walk or you can reach the Colosseum in 20 minutes walk.
Overall it was great value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Papa Germano's was clean, safe, and Gino provided helpful advice and friendly service. There were little extras too! We had a great stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012