“Highly Recommended”

Ranked #333 of 3,619 Rome B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed April 12, 2005

I couldn't fault this hotel at all. My stay happened to co-incide with the Pope's funeral. This caused numerous disruption (including my flight being diverted), however the hotel more than made up for any problems. The owner, Gianpaolo, was so helpful, the B & B immaculate, and the location perfect. Its right outside the Metro, so only a 5 minute journey into the centre if you don't fancy a 20 minute walk. Shared bathroom with one other person, which was fine. Highly recommended accomodation at a great price too.

• Stayed April 2005
9 Thank Jon81London

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 27, 2004

I Tetti Di Roma provides a comfortable room and a clean, well appointed shared bath (shared with one other double room). While not in the center of Rome, it is convenient to most sites via the Metro and the neighborhood has restaurants, bars, Gelati, and a grocery store. Our stay there was quite comfortable.

It is fairly convenient to the airport by train. We arrived at night with a couple of big pieces of luggage. We didn't see any Taxi's readily available at the train station. The walk to the bed and breakfast wasn't long, but at night it seemed like the neigborhood was a bit dicey (graffitti, bus terminal). Actually the neighborhood is a quite safe residential neighborhood as we could see by day and once we knew our way around. Still, I would try to arrive during daylight hours if you are walking from the train station.

The apartment is up on the 8th floor, there is one small elevator which worked well and didn't present any delays. Views from our room overlooked Rome to the dome of Saint Peters.

Gianpaolo gave us an orientation to Rome and a suggested walking tour. The walking tour is a lot of walking so we modified to use the metro much more (took the metro to the Collisium skipping some of the churches). There is a nice open air market near San Giovanni in Laterano (one metro stop or a bit of walk away).

I'll post more about our trip and links to our other hotel reviews on my blog planetralph.blogspot.com.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 14, 2003

This is a great place to stay - the surrounding area is not touristy at all. The metro is about 5 mins walk away and you can get to all the major sites from there. The b+b is an apartment which has gorgeous views from the bedrooms. It's kept extremely clean - theres a maid in every day. Gianpaolo who owns the b+b is lovely - he's very helpful and his english is brilliant. Only slight downfalls are that you have to share the bathroom with the other room and the tv doesn't have satellite. Would thorougly recommend staying here if you want to see Rome cheaply.

• Stayed October 2003