“Good location”
Review of I Tetti di Roma

I Tetti di Roma
Ranked #112 of 3,710 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here in June 2012 and we pleased with the location being very easy to find.

The BnB is located in a residential apartment building which was fine ad te host we met was friendly and helpful.

If you book through lastminute.com you don't get breakfast, just a bed.

The rooms are fine, there is a double bed and tv. There is no air-conditioning in the rooms and the ceiling fan wa broken so we were left with an insufficiant pedestal fan. To add to the problem the windows cannot be left open as it opens to the shared balcony which Is not secure.

The bathroom and shower were fine. The views are nice but in late June with little help from the heat I'd wait till winter to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Brhawk
There are newer reviews for I Tetti di Roma

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We had just two nights here and can only confirm all other comments on this site. The room was very clean, a good size with brilliant views across Rome. Sharing a bathroom was not an issue as we hardly saw the other people staying there.

Easy to get to from the airport via train, the Metro is just a two minute walk away from which you can get to see all the main sites within a matter of minutes, and pretty cheaply too.

OK, breakfast is just a coffee and croissant from a nearby cafe, but they were very tasty and have no grumbles at all.

Gianpaolo is incredibly friendly and was super helpful over email/text when planning our visit and upon arrival.

Highly recommend to anyone looking for a clean, safe base from which to explore the delights of Rome. We will go back again in the Spring, without any hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Delia01_10
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend spent 3 nights here while visiting Rome. The b&b is easy enough to find from the Leonardo Di Vinci train into the city. Staff were very helpful and couldn't do more for us. Its a five minute walk down a busy, vibrant boulevard to the train station and just a few stops to Colosseum and all the sights. Basic room, with a shared bathroom but we never saw the other guests. I think there are only 2 rooms so it has a very homely feel to it. Great value and well worth a stay. Also, classic views from the balcony of the city including St Peters Basilica.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Arriving to a private, clean and tidy double room with an amazing view of the rooftops of Rome after a 30h flight was fantastic! We shared a bathroom but barely saw anyone else and the owner was very helpful giving us an overview of Rome when we arrived. Great communication via email too. The breakfast was just a cup of coffee or tea and a croissant at a nearby bar but you could buy extra pastries for less than 1 euro. It was a bit away from the city centre but we walked to the Coloseum in about 20 minutes and were happy to walk to all the sights and you alos get to see a bit of the more suburban areas. Highly recommended if you don't mind not being in the centre of things.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Gianpoalo was very helpful, from when I booked my trip in September until we got to the BB for the May bank hoiliday. We were a family of 5 traveling to Rome.
He kindly booked us a taxi to and from the hotel and it was very reasonable price.
We booked two rooms, a triple room and a double room and we had our bathroom for the 5 of us.
We were given a voucher for breakfast for a cafe but unfortuntely that wasn't great.

Room Tip: Ask Gianpoalo to book a taxi, great service.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Everything that has been previously said about I Tetti di Roma is absolutely true. The apartment is located conveniently in a fairly quiet suburb of Central Rome. Close to the Re Di Roma Metro station, it has a supermarket and a great pizza place & gelato shop nearby! The room was larger than you might get in many hotels in Rome. The bathroom was immaculately clean and like other travelers have mentioned, we had no issue sharing the bathroom and never found it in use when we needed it. The rooms are both have a shared balcony which is nice to sit and have a beer after a long day of sightseeing, we even struck up conversation with a lovely Parisian couple one night so it is nice and sociable having some of these shared facilities. Gianpaolo was great at taking us through the map and pointing out places of interest and restaurant recommendations. We had the most incredible time in Rome and we were glad we chose to stay at i Tetti di Roma, and will definitely return next time we are in Rome!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This was a very plesant place to stay with great views of Rome from the room. The owner was very hospitable and even booked a taxi for me for my departure which was very early. The shared bathroom wasnt a problem as I never saw any other guests and it was extremely clean and modern. My whole experience in Rome was fantastic and I would stay here again if I return to Rome ( which is very likely!).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo