“Beautiful view from our room!”
Review of I Tetti di Roma

I Tetti di Roma
Ranked #112 of 3,710 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The flat is on the top of a building and the view is very beautiful. Room and bathroom (shared with another room) were both very clean. The owner was very nice and helpful. The flat is well located but on a busy avenue.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for I Tetti di Roma

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed at I Tetti Di Roma in July of 2011 for 4 nights. It was a simple B&B but the rooms were really clean, spacious and comfy. Our host Gianpaolo was lovely and very helpful. All rooms shared a bathroom but there was never a problem with having to wait for someone to finish.
We opted for the no breakfast option, which worked well as there was a supermarket just down the road and a fridge for guests to use. The B&B was also in a great and location (with an AMAZING view over Rome) and it only took about 20mins to walk to the Colosseum. Our room was also cleaned daily.
I would highly recommend this B&B to friends and family! It was a great place to stay, especially after walking the streets of Rome for hours on end

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FraJam55
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Hi, I book this hotel for my parents romantic holiday to Rome. They love it!
Ok, I start from beginning. Hotel was clean and had this feeling like "at home". They rate a view, like amazing and breathtaking, And location is also perfect- walk distance to almost everything in Roma. I had a budget of 70 - 250 euro per night and I went throw hundreds of hotels, And now I am happy, that my choose was on this one.

I need to mention also big BIG THANKS to owner of the hotel. He was always really helpful and care about my parents. They speak English on a beginner level and when my father got problem with his heart- it's him who arrange a hospital and stay there with my parents, also he help with insurance and my parents have nothing to pay for one day stay in a hospital. He sms me every hour about my father condition! I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK"S GOD I CHOOSE THIS HOTEL! I can say, that he really save my parents!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2010

This bed and breakfast played a big part in making our visit to Rome so great.

Paulo is a gracious host who regularly went above and beyond the call of duty. He always had brilliant recommendations and gave us his mobile number in case we ever got stuck with anything, whilst out and about.

The B&B is in a great location with quick access to the centre by Metro and easy access to the airport. It's even easy to walk to many of the major attractions such as the Forum, the Colosseum and San Giovani.

We had a large clean simple room with loads of natural light, full blackout blinds and great views over the city from the balcony up on the 8th floor. The shared bathrooms were both beautifully decorated and always clean.

The TV with BBC World News and the fast wireless Internet were really helpful when we got delayed by the problems with the ash cloud from the volcano in Iceland.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George-si
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Gianpaolo who met us at the "flat" is a very pleasant guy. English is good so all udnertsanding was there. We had the double room with access to the balcony and the view is lovely...with the roofs of various churches to be seen in the distance. The apartment is on the 8th floor overlooking a main road, so can be quite noisy, which may stop you opening the baclcony doors during the eve/night, when the room gets rather warm, even though the heating is off. The room was large and had everything we needed, though there was no "turn-down" by any maid for our 4 day stay there. So you have to use the same towels and linen for your duration. ( OK>>>I am a snob!!) Gianpaolo is a very pleasant guy and helpful. The dog was cute...but barked now and then. a great stay at good prices. the lift is VERY small. so dont take huge cases...and dont be fat!!!!! I would go back there again...so that says it all.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2009

This was an ideal place to stay if you don't want to pay lots of money. It was in a good location just 4 -10 metro stops from all attractions (no more than 10 mins ever spent on metro) metro just round the corner from apartment block. In a busy residential area, busy road outside did not bother us but if you are a very light sleeper you might want some ear plugs. Owner really friendly and will tell you all the places to eat etc. Really clean and nicely done inside (simple but nice). Really pleased we booked here, we normally play it safe and stay in a hotel in the centre, but Rome really expensive so we took a gamble and really pleased we did, was great and all we needed for a comfortable stay in beautiful Rome.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Our first contact with the Tetti di Roma was via Gianpaolo the proprietor ; we booked from the UK via last minute.com, Gianpaolo immediately sent a very friendly welcome email with contact and arrival information and even offered to have us picked us up at the airport.
He also helped with excursion advice before we set out from the UK and then met us at the hotel on arrival- throughout the 3 day stay nothing was too much trouble for him.

We had a really nice room, clean spacious and although the bathroon was apparently shared, we never saw anyone else using it - it too was spotlessly clean and spacious.

The high point of the room was definitely the stunning panoramic view of the Rome skyline from the large window down one side of the room, not something you get with even with high end expensive hotels.

The location of Tetti di Roma is in a quiet mainly residential area and it could not have been better placed to explore the historical sites of Rome. We tended to walk everywhere and the distances were very managable even in the August heat ; Colosseum 15 mins for example.

Lastly, this hotel was great value for money, we stayed on a room only basis but there are plenty of places to eat locally which we preferred anyway.
Highly recommended, would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple