“Meat restaurant in the heart of Porta Portese”

Taja e Coci Steakhouse
Ranked #3,665 of 12,594 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is set in a very traditional spot of Rome, in the heart of Porta Portese. It is a meat restaurant with a limited menu: you pick your favourite cut of beef and the grill it at your pleasure..as simple as that! There is a good selection of traditional roman sides that can accompany your meat selection. The atmosphere is chilled and the smell of charcoal makes it special. The restaurant is operated in a very simple way: get a table, choose your (good quality) meat and eat! Overall, nice place for a dinner with friends.

1  Thank Fedetrix
There are newer reviews for Taja e Coci Steakhouse

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We came upon this place by accident really, we had been to the sunday market, which is huge and well worth the visit, we then decided to eat somewhere local and found this place. The service was a bit slow but we did enjoy a nice glass of wine while waiting, the menu is quite extensive with something to suit everyone. The portions are generous. We really enjoyed what we ate and thought it was good value for money. We would certainly visit again.

1  Thank VivaEspana2010
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I ate here a few nights ago, looking to get something away from the pizzas and pastas. It was absolutely wonderful. Not only was it truly a local place, but the entire meal was delicious and special. We enjoyed our bruschetta appetizer and our side dish of rosemary potatoes, but the star of the night is of course the beef. The quality was exceptional, and the variety was impressive. We would recommend this place to anyone looking for something truly authentic!

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here to shelter from the rain. The sandwiches are very nice. Goed hamburger, my first in Roma. The service is ok, but the system with tickets and payment first is not the best idea.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My friend and I are foodies and wanted to find a "non touristy" place that served steak. Taja e coci is off the beaten track and we were the only non Italians in this quaint little place. Upon walking through the door you see the savory slabs of beef from which you can choose.

We sat down and immeditaely noticed the menu was only in Italian in addition the server did not speak english but she was great and somehow she assured us that she would take care of us. Our next step was to get up and pick out our cut of meat from the butcher display.

The meats were gorgeous and there were interesting selections such as danish and scottish meats. After discussion with what appeared to be a manager, who spoke some english,
I decided on the scottish T-bone which she highly recommended and said it was her favorite. My friend chose an italian cut of loin. We both asked for,medium rare.

My steak was awesome and cooked to perfection. My friend's steak tasted good and prepared as ordered but was way too chewy and could not finish it. I ended up sharing my portion which we both agreed was much better. The most expensive bottle of wine was 18€ and there are only a few from which to choose.

This is a unique little place with very friendly people who try their best to make you feel confortable and provide you with a good meal. For two steaks, salad, two vegetables, dessert and capuccino we spent $100€.