“Ok if you on a shoe string budget”
Review of Hotel Tre Stelle

Hotel Tre Stelle
Ranked #1,138 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
New Jersey
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,268 helpful votes
“Ok if you on a shoe string budget”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Located close to Termini Station this hotel shares the building with a couple of other pensiones/hotels. For healthy and able tourists it is a walking distance from the Termini. Metro and buses nearby. The hotel offers good prices, rooms up to 4 persons which may be preferred by families or groups of friends. You get minimal service. Continental breakfast features good coffee.Everything is no frills. The tiny elevator works about 35-40% of time so 5th floor may not be best for cardiac patients. Most often rooms are clean , sheets and bed covers do not match but who says they have to.We stayed twice in July 2011. Once they ran out of towels but improvised. My husband forgot his sandals in the room at the end of the first stay, calling right back we got inconclusive answer. Upon coming back to the hotel a cleaning lady stated "we all had too much stuff and she only possesses two dresses inclusive of the one she wore".Overall acceptable hotel when and if the price is your main objective. Watch the gipsy boy who gets send by his mom to scout the staircases. We had to report his activities to the hotel clerk.

Room Tip: Persons with physical disadvantages should ask for lower floor rooms due to ureliable tiny elevator.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank podrozniczka60

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Tivat Municipality, Montenegro
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Do not believe photos on the internet. I know that there are good hotels that some people like some doesn't , but this one is horrible. It was soooooo dirty and looked suspicious and unsafe. We booked it for 8 nights, and couldn't stay a minute. We spent three hours looking for another hotel, and we managed to find it. It is funny that this hotel has 3 stars, when you can find nice hotels with the same category nearby. Please, take my friendly advise, go away from this place.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank PutnikCG

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Well located 2 mins from Castle Pretorio Metro and 7 mins from Termini. Room clean, Staff very friendly, breakfast typically Italian coffee, juice and pastry. Couldn't find fault. If you like towelling towels take your own, the hotel ones are cotton, like most Italian hotels, but they dry you very well and are changed every day.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to see the sights of Rome without paying over the odds for a room you will rarely see!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hollyGolightly24
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 2, 2011

When we arrived at Tre Stelle hotel after a long flight to Rome, we were definitely disappointed with the arrangements. The hotel didn't look nearly as nice as the pictures on their website. Our room was very small (the bed took up most of the room) and the window view overlooked a broken down alley. Every door that was shut in other guest rooms would echo loudly through the building, making it hard to sleep at night. On the bright side, the room was cleaned everyday by friendly staff and the price was pretty decent. Also, the hotel is only a few blocks from the bus/train terminal so we were able to get around Rome very easily from here. I'd recommend only using this hotel if you're willing to put up with these conditions for the reduced price. I will seek a different hotel when I return to Rome.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank msamaha8
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed March 5, 2011

This is really good hotel for this price and it is cheap!!! The staff was friendly and helpfull and it was clean (which is the most important for me). The location was very good!
Before my trip, I read some comments and I was a little bit suspicious and scared, but when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised! The only bed thing was window that we couldn't open and we didn't have day light. It didn't bother us because the air condition was working all the time and we were all day outside sightseeing Rome.
I would really recommend it!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank SonjaS85
Balestrand, Norway
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I was impressed when we arrived. I thoought it would be bad, but it was actually pretty ok for that price! I believe we payed alot more for worse rooms the two other times we went to Rome. The staff was great and very helpful. And the best part, it was alot cleaner than I thought! They changed towels every day and cleaned the floors and so on.
I would really recomend this small hotell, BUT only if you are planning on just sleeping there, take a shower and have breakfast It is not a hotell to hang out at during the day. But why should you? you're in ROME <3
NB! the breakfast is strong coffe and something sweet, so not good for us, but we were aware of that before we traveled so we hade some food in our bedroom or bought some sandwiches on the way downtown.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank hazelunicorn
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 10, 2010

For the price we had to pay, this was realy a good hotel! The room and bathroom where clean, the beds maybe a little bit to hard if you're not used to that.
The staff was very friendly, breakfast was oké.
I realy don't understand all the complains, when you don't want to pay a lot of money for a hotel, than is this the right place to go to. If you want more luxery you have to pay more. Television with only one chanel? No internet? I think you come over to Rome to see the beautiful city, why do you need television???
If I go back to Rome, I will stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple